Changing header colors

sweetcarroll92

Hi there!

I'm looking for a bit of help in editing FM 19. I'm using the DF11 Base Skin mod, and it's really good. I'm just wondering if someone can help me change the header colors on this?

For example, in the photo attached, I'd like to swap the green and white text to green background with white text. It changes from club to club/nation to nation etc (see other photo) so I presume it's not something that's hard coded to be white. In previous FMs, I would use the in-game editor and change the 'Text' section under Edit Kit Details, but it appears to have no effect this year. Just wondering if there's anything I can do to change this? I haven't edited anything with the skin files, and as far as I'm aware it did not work when I would change the color settings on the basic FM19 skin, either.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Also, and I'm aware this is asked on a regular basis but I can't find an answer I can take in, is there any way to add boxes around the attributes? I tried taking the 'player overview attributes' file from another skin and adding it in to DF11, before removing it as it did not work. I find just the numbers on the background hard to read, so would love to add them back in if possible. Again, any help that anyone can offer me would be hugely appreciated. Thanks for anyone who reads this! 

celticfm.png

scotlandfm.png

49 minutes ago, priority76 said:

Sadly, it seems this can now only be changed in the pre-game editor.  Hopefully they make it editable in game again, why they've changed it so you can't I don't understand.  I'm working on a file to correct many of teams with the wrong coloured title bar.

That is strange indeed! 

Hair color, too, used to be editable. Now just hair length, which appears to be pretty bugged (i.e long appears to make my player bald). Thanks for the feedback, though!

9 hours ago, sweetcarroll92 said:

Hair color, too, used to be editable.

Yep, it looks like every year they make the in game editor that little less able to edit.  I presume you have the in game editor, are you still able to change/add kits?  I might still buy it just for that.

5 hours ago, priority76 said:

Yep, it looks like every year they make the in game editor that little less able to edit.  I presume you have the in game editor, are you still able to change/add kits?  I might still buy it just for that.

This feature seems to work just fine, still. At least something does. Paying an extra fiver a year for the IGE only to have its wings clipped year on year seems pointless.

8 hours ago, alex164164 said:

I'm finding that even changing the team colours in the pre-game editor is not working in game

I'm starting a new save fresh, and selecting the relevant edit file at setup...

still the standard colours

anything else i edit IS working

Titlebar colours are no longer controlled by the kit colours, there is a different field in the Editor which now controls the colours should be on the details page with the team name (I presume the change was because the comps can now have their own colours but don't have kits so a new field was needed).

The best bet if the titlebar colours are wrong is to raise the issue in the database forum for those teams as the colours are set by the Researchers.

12 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Titlebar colours are no longer controlled by the kit colours, there is a different field in the Editor which now controls the colours should be on the details page with the team name (I presume the change was because the comps can now have their own colours but don't have kits so a new field was needed).

The best bet if the titlebar colours are wrong is to raise the issue in the database forum for those teams as the colours are set by the Researchers.

I see, thanks for the response Michael. Any chance this could be added to the in-game editor? Seems a bit of an oversight if we can't adjust it. I'll open a request on the right forum to make that case, but just seems frustrating not to be able to change it like beforehand. I get why after your explanation, but would be nice to be able to adjust with the in-game editor in club details or something. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Archived