Disable First Transfer Window

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

If you don't think it's fixed worth re-raising on the bugs forum as changes have been made to this already so the issue was deemed addressed. Thanks. 

I have raised these issues here, and anyone else experiencing similar problems can post there as well.

29 minutes ago, Barside said:

Still does not seem to be an ideal solution if a club in a division that does not have summer/winner transfer window in place still cannot sign players during the firs window if the top division in their nation happens to operate a summer/winter window.

At least that’s how I’ve interpreted Ben’s post in the bug thread & I’ll wait to see how it works in the demo.

I'm confused, how do you mean? Are you saying that if a lower division does not have a window and the top division in the same nation does, the lower division won't be able to sign free agents until the top division's window closes, even though the lower division should be able to sign free agents from the start? Are there nations where this setup is the case?

That's exactly how I interpreted Ben's post, text in bold is the key element for me

2 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

What league are you playing in Weston? 

A change has been made so once the main transfer window of the top league of the nation the user is is playing in has been closed then the user should be able to make free transfers and trials.

As an example as manager of Serie C/A side Pontedera once the August transfer window on the 26th August 2018 has been closed i've been able to approach to sign players for free transfers, trials etc. 

Yes there will be countries where this is the case, England is the obvious example as there is no transfer window in non-league football so why should they be impacted when there is no window to disable? I am assuming that they currently are based on the feedback given as I decided not to pre-order & waiot for the demo instead so happy to be proven wrong by anyone who has disabled the first window when taking charge of a Vanarama National, North or South club

I was managing Cork City in one of my try-out saves. I did sense I couldn't sign people in the inland transfer window, until then I could when the foreign transfer windows had begun. Only a few days later, so I missed some players which where free. Frustrating. Also I couldn't buy during the summer window. 

So I made a new save and unchecked this transfer-feature. It's no usefull for lower leagues. 

Just now, RinusFM said:

I was managing Cork City in one of my try-out saves. I did sense I couldn't sign people in the inland transfer window, until then I could when the foreign transfer windows had begun. Only a few days later, so I missed some players which where free. Frustrating. Also I couldn't buy during the summer window. 

So I made a new save and unchecked this transfer-feature. It's no usefull for lower leagues. 

Hopefully they will fix the feature in time for the full release as has been mentioned and then we can play proper realistic saves without these bugs - might be worth waiting a couple days before beginning again.

36 minutes ago, Weston said:

Hopefully they will fix the feature in time for the full release as has been mentioned and then we can play proper realistic saves without these bugs - might be worth waiting a couple days before beginning again.

I hope so. I like this new non-transfer window save, tho. I signed Robbie Keane. :D

@Weston Thanks for all the effort you've put in to try and resolve the wants of a fair few people. I admit I took a backseat on this, mainly because I didn't see it changing, but it looks like you very actively campaigned to get this changed to something better. I appreciate that.

Sounds to me like SI want this feature to remain as close to how they've implemented it in the beta as they can make it. For me, being blocked in the transfer window but able to sign once that window has closed is not enough of a change to make me use it. I'll just keep the option off and accept whatever players clubs bring in in the now 'second transfer window'. The fact it's only for the first season limits any damage that can be done.

It still hampers me if I take over at a club without a fully fleshed out squad. If I take over at Eastleigh, as I did when I first discovered the changes to this option, I am still hampered on GKs until the English transfer window closes (Eastleigh have one GK on their books at game start). I have to go through pre-season without being able to bring in replacements for the players that are simply not in the database, including short term loans.

And as people have said, the Vanarama National League has no transfre window. Why should managers at this level be hampered by a rule that doesn't exist irl?

I get the need to simulate that the transfer window has happened, but I felt that was adequately done in FM18 with the limiting of budgets. Clubs weren't able to bring in a huge influx of new signings if they had a transfer budget of next to nothing. The rule was too harsh in beta and the changes I'm reading about make it still too harsh. It still makes the life of a LLM falsely harsher.

I have no option but to not use this rule. I just don't understand why SI felt the need to change it so drastically. Especially as, and as I have said, it worked well enough before. Unless SI have information I don't.

Doesn't make me hate the game in any way. I think this is the best version of FM in years. I love the new tactics and training, and the way games flow makes them incredibly watchable. The Match Engine is the best simulation of footbal that SI have so far managed. I congratulate them on that.

But, and I'm sorry to say this after all I just wrote in the above paragraph, this massive (yes, it's massive to LLM) change to the rule to represent transfer windows having taken place is just overdone and a hindrance. I don't understand it.

2 hours ago, anagain said:

@Weston Thanks for all the effort you've put in to try and resolve the wants of a fair few people. I admit I took a backseat on this, mainly because I didn't see it changing, but it looks like you very actively campaigned to get this changed to something better. I appreciate that.

Thank you! I know we all care about the game and just want it to be the best that it can be. Hopefully they further update this feature to address the other concerns you've explained as well.

Now back to my main crusade, the one inaccuracy I've been begging them to fix for years to no avail: end the inexplicable block on pre-negotiating loans between windows like you can pre-negotiate transfers!

在 2018/10/31 在 PM9点45分, Weston说:

Thank you! I know we all care about the game and just want it to be the best that it can be. Hopefully they further update this feature to address the other concerns you've explained as well.

Now back to my main crusade, the one inaccuracy I've been begging them to fix for years to no avail: end the inexplicable block on pre-negotiating loans between windows like you can pre-negotiate transfers!

Thank you so much for keeping explaing these trouble here,as a llmer(vanarama north),old setting has been perfect.This new change made llm hardly playable.

在 2018/10/31 在 PM7点10分, anagain说:

Sounds to me like SI want this feature to remain as close to how they've implemented it in the beta as they can make it. For me, being blocked in the transfer window but able to sign once that window has closed is not enough of a change to make me use it. I'll just keep the option off and accept whatever players clubs bring in in the now 'second transfer window'. The fact it's only for the first season limits any damage that can be done.

It still hampers me if I take over at a club without a fully fleshed out squad. If I take over at Eastleigh, as I did when I first discovered the changes to this option, I am still hampered on GKs until the English transfer window closes (Eastleigh have one GK on their books at game start). I have to go through pre-season without being able to bring in replacements for the players that are simply not in the database, including short term loans.

And as people have said, the Vanarama National League has no transfre window. Why should managers at this level be hampered by a rule that doesn't exist irl?

I get the need to simulate that the transfer window has happened, but I felt that was adequately done in FM18 with the limiting of budgets. Clubs weren't able to bring in a huge influx of new signings if they had a transfer budget of next to nothing. The rule was too harsh in beta and the changes I'm reading about make it still too harsh. It still makes the life of a LLM falsely harsher.

I have no option but to not use this rule. I just don't understand why SI felt the need to change it so drastically. Especially as, and as I have said, it worked well enough before. Unless SI have information I don't.

Doesn't make me hate the game in any way. I think this is the best version of FM in years. I love the new tactics and training, and the way games flow makes them incredibly watchable. The Match Engine is the best simulation of footbal that SI have so far managed. I congratulate them on that.

But, and I'm sorry to say this after all I just wrote in the above paragraph, this massive (yes, it's massive to LLM) change to the rule to represent transfer windows having taken place is just overdone and a hindrance. I don't understand it.

Exactly same feeling with you. it worked better before for me.

Pre-game editor solution is unfriendly to unexperienced me(trying but seem only dead end waiting),still cant find the way to load fmf files at create-a-club mode.

• 4 weeks later...

@Ben Kenney @Barside Did the other thread where this was being resolved get deleted for some reason? https://community.sigames.com/topic/448886-disable-first-transfer-window-blocks-any-transfer-activity

I wanted to check in and see if there was any progress being made ironing out the residual issues from the fix that had already been implemented but I can't seem to open that thread anymore...

Archived