Scouting and Youth

This may be a silly question but i want to be sure before i do something i regret later.

I pretty much solely bring players through my youth system now and don't really need to buy anyone in so i'm considering getting rid of my entire scouting team seeing as they cost a fortune to employ, my question is that if i do this will it affect the youth intake near the end of the season or will the quality of players coming through remain the same?

15 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Your scouting team doesn't affect youth intakes. They help you look for new players.

That's what i thought but i had enough doubt in my mind to stop me from getting rid of them altogether, thanks for the answer :)

As you can see from my profile, I manage LL and currently have set myself an academy challenge. Previously I'd employ one scout purely for scouting the next opposition. In my present save no one is responding to my adverts so I have no scout and no physio (and no coach, since you ask!). I'll probably not bother with a scout even if one comes up. As Hunt3r says, it won't have any bearing on my academy intake.

14 hours ago, NCFC Gee said:

This may be a silly question but i want to be sure before i do something i regret later.

I pretty much solely bring players through my youth system now and don't really need to buy anyone in so i'm considering getting rid of my entire scouting team seeing as they cost a fortune to employ, my question is that if i do this will it affect the youth intake near the end of the season or will the quality of players coming through remain the same?

I would probably suggest that you keep one scout- apart from the next opposition, you never know when the need might arise.

Archived