Turkish heroes - Altinordu

Muttley84

Altinordu_S.K._logo.png

Been contemplating a new career for long, and with the summer holidays soon coming on and the World Cup almost finished, I know have enough time to play some FM. Decided I should try a new country, I never managed before, but still one which isn't a complete minnow for me to take ages to progress. Turkey seemed like a good opportunity, with the added challenge of trying to keep up with the big three from Istanbul (Galatasaray, Fenerbahce and Besiktas) who are dominating the league for over half of century (asides them only two provincial clubs have won the league - Trabzonspor and Bursaspor).

The club is Altinordu, from the city of Izmir. While the city is the third largest in Turkey with over 4 mil., in football terms it has won only a couple of cups. Still, they are a lot of teams in the city, like Goztepe (in the Super Lig) or Karsiyaka, Altay or Bucaspor (in the PTT.2 Lig - third division of football). Altinordu is a club on the rise with not a lot of trophies to the cabinet, but with 9 seasons played in the Super Lig (admitted all of them in the 60''). The rise is mainly due to the investments in youth and training facilities, the club trying to go for a different path than most of the Turkish clubs which are buying experienced foreigners, but trying to promoted young national talents. This is a philosophy I can respect and adhere to, not sure though how much success it could bring. For the career we have a local boy as manager - Necati Ates, and he has some pretty simple and straightforward objectives:

Promote to the Super Lig

Maximum 3 players transferred in each season

Give youngsters game time at much as possible

Have one current player called in to the NT

One can observe that we don't have an objective in winning the league or cup, participating in European cups or making money. That would require both a long time or good tactical knowledge, and afraid I don't have any of those. Will be trying just to have fun while nurturing Izmir talent, if we achieve anything beyond that, just a plus which I won't mind. Wish us "iyi şans"!

Well, first thing we had to do is assess the situation at the club. Playing on FMT we have just a small number of staff, but even though we are covered in every position, we lack a bit in quality especially at the very important position of Head of Youth Development. Not sure how much reputation we have to attract better staff, but will be looking to improve a bit.  Regarding the players, we only have 19k available for transfers and 31k/year empty room in the wage. 

Altinordu-A.S._-Players-Players-4.png

We have four goalkeepers currently at the club with Kardesler the obvious first team pick, but Ozer seems like a terrific prospect and will be seriously look to give him some game time too. The other two are just cover up and will probably spend the season in the Reserves - there is actually another GK there but still as poor. I will be offloading all of them when possible.

Altinordu-A.S._-Players-Players-3.png

The defensive compartment lacks a bit in depth with only 8 players and just three central defenders. Will be probably looking to add another option in the center, especially as two of the DCs are 17 and 18 yrs old, so might need to grow a bit. Will be looking to offload the extra player in DL but only if we can keep Yusuf Acer which is our best defender and attracting interest from Trabzonspor.

Altinordu-A.S._-Players-Players-2.png

Good cover and quality in the midfielders. Given the spread of players will be probably playing 1 DM, 2 CM and 2 on the wings. Just hoping i can keep all of them cause some have the quality way above the second Turkish league.

Altinordu-A.S._-Players-Players.png

We have three more than capable strikers so will be looking to give them all game time in the friendlies to better evaluate them, especially as one can play also on the wings.

Altinordu-A.S.-Reserves_-Squad-Players.p

Besides the first team players we have another ten which are loaned out for the season, and at least three of them look like they can provide good rotation options next season.

48 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

I take it you have some inside info about it, but didnt want to start all the way down in the 3rd league.

Well, about as much 'inside info' as you can get from good stint managing a club on FM :D They have a cool kit of purple and yellow stripes (well it's officially 'navy' instead purple, but that's what it looked like) and their nickname is 'Firtina' which means 'storm'.

Not a lot of transfer activity, as promised only a couple of players joining on loan from Galata to bring us some backup in the DC and MC positions. We let 4 youngsters which didn't show any prospects to go, and even got some pennies in return from them. However, the bookies aren't that impressed with our team, as we are predicted 14th in the league. That's more near the relegation area thna the playoff spots, but I am sure we gonna prove them wrong. On the positive side, we already managed to re-sign all of the contracts of players expiring next year, including important players as Vural and Yesilyurt (it might take a while for me to master the Turkish names).

Altinordu-A.S._-Transfer-History.png

P.T.T.-1.-Lig_-Overview-Season-Preview.p

Decent enough pre-season with five friendlies played. We lost at home to first-league Akshisar but did a bit better against lesser league opposition. Not a lot can be told from these games, tried just to build up the team for the season and get them know the 4-1-2-3 DM Wide formation we are going to be using as a base this season. Unfortunately we were not able to bring any new staff which to represent improvements from the ones already at the club, so I guess we are gonna stick in this formation for the near future. Coming up, the first league game, a difficult one against a team predicted to promote - Giresunspor.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures.png

A season start beyond our most optimistic expectations, as we only lost in the 92 minute away at Umranyespor. We also kept five clean sheets but our goalscoring record isn't that good. We also managed to pass the Cup round and looking forward to our future opponent, we could really use a home game against the big boys to gather some income, our finances aren't looking that great. We are currently in 3rd, but its still to early to tell and tight at the top of the league. Surprisingly for me there are no less than 4 teams with points deductions for financial mismanagement, never saw something like that before.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturese209b8cfa

P.T.T.-1.-Lig_-Overview-Profile.png

1 hour ago, Kaan said:

Altinordu produced some great talents like Under (AS Roma) and Soyuncu (Freiburg).Gonna be a fun career.

Good luck.

Thanks, I am counting on luck cause the youth recruitment in FM for them doesnt look that good. But we do hafe excellent youth facilities and Turkey has over 4 stars in youth potential. Just need to hang in there enough to produce them.

We continued our good run of results till the winter. We lost against Rizespor and Erzurumspor, both games away. We made our home stadium a fortress winning every game played in Bornova. Unfortunately we are out of the Cup as in the 5th round we were paired with a top league club - Alanyaspor. We are sitting 2nd in the league but Rizespor have a game in hand and probably we will drop to 3rd. The group stages of European Cups have finished: Besiktas finished last in the CL with a single point, Galatasaray and Fenerbahce qualified for the knockouts in the EL finishing 2nd in their groups, while Konyaspor was eliminated finishing 3rd. The Turkish league is still 10th in the coefficients, but Holland is closing in the gap.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures7d01d6f6a

P.T.T.-1.-Lig_-Overview-Profile84b96cb35784312f.png

Good going so far! At least partially want you to do well just because I'd feel bad if I recommended a team that turned out not to be fun. What's their youth recruitment like? I just assumed it was really good from the background about them, but I never load the Turkish leagues - just sign Berke Özer quite a lot - so hadn't paid attention.

20 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Good going so far! At least partially want you to do well just because I'd feel bad if I recommended a team that turned out not to be fun. What's their youth recruitment like? I just assumed it was really good from the background about them, but I never load the Turkish leagues - just sign Berke Özer quite a lot - so hadn't paid attention.

And so far I thank you for the recommendation. If I don't succeed then for sure I will blame you :p The youth recruitment is only basic which coupled with an adequate junior coaching and a 2star HoYD was a bit surprising for me. But having a look at the other teams in Turkey seems that the recruitment is low at almost all the clubs. Training and youth facilities are both excellent though. Oh, and Ozer is a really pain in the a... he's on a 17.5k/year contract expiring in 2019 and won't sign a new contract unless i give him around 500k salary and 1-1.5 mil. release clause, maybe thats why you manage signing hima lot.

Unbeaten in the spring, though a bit to many draws for my liking. We actually had six draws and just three wins, but that is enough to keep us 2nd in the league with 8 games to say. With 10 points to the 7th place I would dare say we are pretty sure at least of the play-off spot, but we can push for the direct promotion also, considering that we played already against teams in 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th. An indicator of the quality of our players is given by the fact we had to postpone the next league match against Adanaspor cause we have no less than 10 players at the national teams - 8 in turkey U21s and 2 in the U19s. Big clubs already started sniffing around them, but I ain't willing to sell - hope the chairman isn't either.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesecc36f3f9

P.T.T.-1.-Lig_-Overview-Profilefd1651bfce58d8c7.png

Necati-Ates_-Inbox58c9280cade1514f.png

25 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

And so far I thank you for the recommendation. If I don't succeed then for sure I will blame you :p The youth recruitment is only basic which coupled with an adequate junior coaching and a 2star HoYD was a bit surprising for me. But having a look at the other teams in Turkey seems that the recruitment is low at almost all the clubs. Training and youth facilities are both excellent though. Oh, and Ozer is a really pain in the a... he's on a 17.5k/year contract expiring in 2019 and won't sign a new contract unless i give him around 500k salary and 1-1.5 mil. release clause, maybe thats why you manage signing hima lot.

Ah right. Kinda makes sense given how the chairman was complaining about how nobody else bothers to make their own players. So you're probably good for your level. Yeah I usually get him for 1-1.4m, maybe if you get promoted he'll change his mind. Or perhaps if you are going to get promoted but haven't confirmed try offering a release clause for clubs in higher divisions?

We finished the season in style - undefeated in the last 8 games of the league. We did enough to finish second in the league, Rizespor were to much for us and we couldn't clinch the title. But everyone at the club is glad that we managed to get promoted to the SuperLig. The squad hasn't rotated a lot, with the most games played by Kabak, the young loan DC from Galata, but special remarks go to Alici and Aydin who both scored 12 goals in the season, Following promotion we received a nice 1m for transfers and 1.5m for wages, which I used right away to extended the contracts expiring in 2019. A bit upset that I had to include some releases clauses, but hoping no one would use them next season. I have left some wage budget aside, looking to bring in a couple of players to increase a bit rotation options. Our finances are going a bit downhill, but hoping that promotion will sort that out next season.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures8823d88bb

P.T.T.-1.-Lig_-Overview-Profiledd36debf200558d4.png

More good news this summer. First of all we have an adjustment to the youth development budget, and second we got the youth intake - small, like I found most of FM Touch intakes to be (especially in a small database like I am running), but with good potential of the players. I can see all of them reaching at least the rotation of the squad, although that might not happen this season (maybe Acik could get some game time due to the reduced options we have up front). Now we've begun the search for the three players we can bring in this season - looking to strengthen the central ax of the time, so one DC, MC and ST.

In other news, in the Super Lig we have a new winner - Galatasaray who did the double by beating Genclerbirligi in the Cup final also. Fener are joining in the preliminary rounds of CL (even though they were first going into the last stage, an away draw lost them the title). Besiktas, Basaksehir and Bursaspor going to Europa league, while Karabukspor, Kasimpasa and Sivasspor relegated.

Necati-Ates_-Inboxd231efcd2db47fbc.png

Necati-Ates_-Inbox-2.png

All done with the preseason, as we achieved our targets in, three players in DC, MC and ST, all good prospects, around 22-23 so still with a bit of room to grow. And only spent 300k on them, which doesn't compare at all with the 24 million spent by Besiktas on 5 players (Yusuf Yazici from Trabzon the most expensive) or with Galatasaray who spent 12.25 mil. (which can go up to 20 mil. with clauses) on Enes Unal. But we are doing better than Fener who seem to be in financial difficulties, as they only brought one player in, for 10k from Samsun. Going out from Izmir a lot of deadwood and players who leave to make place for younger ones. As expected we are predicted to finish last. The friendlies we played this period are not really a good indicator on where we stand at the moment, but the league will start soon and we will see just that.

Altinordu-A.S._-Transfer-History75026d61

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturese0bb82ca4

I feared a bit the impact of first league football on our young players, but they proved me on the field they have enough quality for it. Sure, it was no walk in the park, and we even lost a couple of matches (to Besiktas and most important in the Izmir match against Goztepe - was tempted to say Izmir Derby, but we don't really have fierce matches like the other 4 teams do). But we have won more than we lost, though all our wins game in away games at Ankara (with Gencler and Osmanli) and Akhisar. We also have past two rounds in the Cup, a little harder than expected against lower tier opposition, but to be honest we did give game time to rotation and reserves in the Cup. A funny thing I wasn't aware off is that in the Turkish League you get money straight away after a game, so we received around 500k for a win, and 200k for a draw. Already after 9 games our finances are not in the red anymore, just hoping we can keep this up.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesc2be4401c

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profilebad3f499648edc62.png

If at the beginning of the season someone would have said we were to be on a safe mid-table position I would have been over the moon with joy. Somehow feeling a bit disappointed now that we are only in 8th, after some good performances. We are only 1 point from 5th place but not really  making an objective out of it. But we did lose pace at the end of the month, and haven't won a game for 6 official matches, including getting out of the Cup after a thumping by Fener. Some records, with the youngest player in the Super Lig coming from our team. And the good fact that given our financial situation coming from the direct money we get from point we already started working on some of the facilities. 

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures0b256e29a

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profile552

Necati-Ates_-Inbox-2b8ef35964814e677.png

Necati-Ates_-Inbox36d2adf51585861b.png

4 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Very good first sreason in Superlig you could win an EL ticket very soon in your save..:thup:

Dont think we are ready for playing in Europe, but won't say no if the opportunity arises. Maybe next season though. :)

Season starting to drag a bit as its obvious at this point we are not good enough to fight for European spots, but not bad enough to fight for relegation. So we are cruising somewhere midtable and I am thinking about throwing the last games away just to give some game time to youth players.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesb6eafbf93

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profile0c9fe7e31c0681b6.png

Nothing wrong with mid-table! Just don't do a Swansea - stick to what you're doing, keep your identity. Playing too many youngsters could cause a slump though - I'd just starting swapping out 3/11 of your first choice lineup for prospects in some games.

What has happened to Basaksehir on your save btw? They're usually a Europa team in my saves. 

5 hours ago, zlatanera said:

What has happened to Basaksehir on your save btw? They're usually a Europa team in my saves. 

They still have much of their core players, but just isnt performing. Trabzon wss also fighting for relegation last season and look at them now. To be fair, managers seem to be changing a lot in the league, might be one explanation.

We were relaxed going into the last eight games of the league, and even managed to give some game time to some of the 16 yr olds in the team. What followed are a mixture of results, including a 4 wins run and a draw with Fener. We also lost the games to Galatasaray (predicted) at at home to a Kayserispor who was already sure of their Europa League spot. What we did not expect was Fenerbahce crumbling to only gaining 6 points out of their last 8 games. And somehow, we managed to climb over them. And as Galatasaray won the Cup, it means that the 5th position goes into Europe - Altinordu in Europa League! Besiktas won the league and Galata joins them in Champions League, while us, Trabzon and Kayseri will be representing Turkey in Europa League.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures52056f455

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profile0dc

Bellow you can find the best eleven over the League, I wasn't expecting the veteran (by our standards) Mirkan Aydin to lead our attack with 19 goals. We also had the most disciplined team in the league, confirmed by us winning the Fair-Play award. Some big money coming this summer to Izmir, and already took some of the 18m transfer budget into the wage one, hoping to keep prospects which attracted big clubs already (Berke Ozer was called already to the Turkey national team so a lot of increasing visibility). It will be a challenge to pick the 3 players to transfer this summer, will probably looking just for over 90 in the scouting report. Some other good news about our youth budget. So, onto the summer period, with three things in mind: see what the youth intake brings for us, pick the 3 transfers and see what we can do in Europe.

Necati-Ates_-Inbox-3.png

Necati-Ates_-Inbox-4.png

Another superb intake this summer. I think Ersel Avci can jump straight into the team and get playing time, with the other three representing good rotation options even from the first season. Another three players joining in on transfers - we did spend quite a big chunk of about 9.5 million, while seven players leaving us (including last season's best goalscorer - which wanted a new big contract, but being 31 and German didn't wanted to do that). Our finances looking pretty solid at the moment, as we made a nice profit.

Altinordu-A.S.-Reserves_-Squad-Playersdd

Altinordu-A.S._-Transfer-History-2.png

Necati-Ates_-Inbox78dd3bf063b4dda3.png

A very busy summer, as besides the usual friendlies we had to go through the qualifying stages of Europa League. We did pretty good overcoming CSKA Sofia, Zulte Waregem and Leicester to reach the group stage. We were not that lucky in the group draw, as we got a tough group with Lazio Rome, Betis Sevilla and Lokomotiv Moscow, so won't be making any plans of getting to the knockout stages. So far things are going superb for us, except a single one: we can't seem to bring spectators to the stadium. We play in a 12.5 k size but can't get it even half filled expect for the matches with Istanbul trio. Izmir is a big enough city, and the other clubs are not doing that great, so just wondering is it our reputation? We only have 1700 season ticket holders. How can we improve and increase attendances?

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures550ea9f2f

Necati-Ates_-Inbox6aa88efb2a33448d.png

Yeah attendance is reputation based - by the time I won back-to-back CL titles I had over 10,000 per game in Tromsø from memory, which is 1/8 of the population. I'd imagine a couple of seasons in the top division will get you there given the size of Izmir. Are the other local clubs selling out? 

9 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I'd imagine a couple of seasons in the top division will get you there given the size of Izmir. Are the other local clubs selling out? 

Not really, only Goztepe but they are in the first division. Bucaspor, Karsyaka and Altay are not, but might be due to the fact they are struggling in 2-3rd division.

Undefeated in the league including some though fixtures against Fener or Galata, and we are in the second position, but its still to early to make anything of it. In Europa League we were not that good, and lost against Lazio and Betis, our chances of qualifying are small at the moment (we have 3 points in 3 matches, and they have 6 and 7). I was pleasantly surprised that Turkish teams in the European competitions are given a free pass some stages in the Cup, so will only enter it next month. We also achieved another objective of the career as Kubilay was called up to the Turkey first team (although I feel that is just partially achieved, as he hasn't come from our Academy). Is isn't much of a surprise, as the player whom we transferred this summer from Bursaspor is leading the SuperLig in goalscoaring, with 11 goals in 9 matches.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesca2f694b2

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profiled1a

Necati-Ates_-Inbox9cf1aa882d97d8bd.png

Not the very best months - including our first loss in the league, away at Besiktas and the elimination from the group stages of Europa League (admitted, i tanked the last two matches when it was clear we dind't had much chances and preferred to concentrate on the league). We went in the next tour in the Cup where we will meet local neighbors Goztepe. In the table we are second, just 3 points away from Galata, but Basaksehir, Bursaspor and Kayseri are still close. Fener and Besiktas are having some awful seasons, but if they follow last year pattern they will bounce up in the second part of the season after their European adventures are finished.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesbc68218ce

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profilecf1

As usual, no transfer activity in the winter window. We were not in the best form, and had a lot of 0-0 draws, and also lost two matches in the league against Fener and Galata. Our poor form showed in the league where we dropped down to 5th, outside of the European cups places, but its still tight at the top. Good news is that after passing Goztepe and Trabzon we are now in the semi-finals of the Cup. But somehow we lost 1-0 to Konyaspor in the first league, so the final is going to be a struggle. Somehow I didn't had the option to ask the board an upgrade on the youth facilities, so had to settle with another improvement of the training facilities. This costs around 5mil, but we have over 20 mil in the plus.

The Turkish league seems like one of the most financially attractive league, if we are on this plus even though we are not getting much revenue from attendance. A plus might be the tight grip on wages we have with all of our academy players, and that we are not paying 2-3 mil. wages for old "stars" not good anymore for the bigger leagues. Turkey is on the rise in the coefficient table, actually we did the worst out of all in Europe: Galata finished second in front of Dortmund in their CL group , Besiktas finished third in CL group, while Trabzon and Kayseri came 2nd in their Europa league groups and also qualified. So Turkey gonna jump from 10th to 8th in the coefficients, with no real change for the spots except that the team finishing 2nd in the league only gets to play the playoff to qualify for CL.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures4d2676665

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profile41a

Necati-Ates_-Inbox6a9de13d3f964c0e.png

The end of the season came with both good and bad news. We managed to qualify for a Cup final for the first time after overturning the first league deficit against Konyaspor, but in the final Galata proved to be to much for us and we lost the opportunity for our first trophy. It the league it all seemed lost after we couldn't win at Bursa, but we finished strong with four wins and finished in 2nd position, which will see us playing in the qualifying stages of Champions League. This was also due to the fact that Besiktas and Fener couldn't recover and finished in disappointing 7th and 10th place. Galata proved to strong for us in the league also, and they are emerging like the team to beat. We used the same formation as last season and the team of the season unfortunately doesn't contain any youth players but given the continuous improvements to the youth that will happen soon. We now have three players in the Turkey squad, with LB Yusuf Acer and GK Berke Ozer joining our ST Kubilay there. Not sure we can make it in the CL stages, but another season in Europa League will probably be good both for our reputation and finances.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures69d678863

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profiled82

Yet another decent intake, albeit small. And a new contract for the manager (in the left you can notice our facilities, almost maxed out the training with another one underway and waiting for the option to appear for youth). We are growing. Small steps, but still growing.

Altinordu-A.S.-Reserves_-Squad-Players1f

Necati-Ates_-Inbox1df1d2106e876390.png

For a moment we hoped that we will qualify for the Champions League group stages after double wins against Alkmaar and Anderlecht, but Zenit proved to be to strong for us and destroyed us in both legs. We have to settle for Europa League, where except Inter I think we can fight with Bremen for the second position. We sacrificed the internal competitions for Europe, and we lost both the Supercup to Galata and the first match in the league to Fener. We spent fewer money for players in, and we also got a nice input of money from the transfer of Soyuncu from Freiburg to Hoffenheim.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesc89d26243

Necati-Ates_-Inbox-22feb08cfadf94249.png

Altinordu-A.S._-Transfer-Historya09687aa

Necati-Ates_-Inboxe2dc75661c93eecd.png

One of the worst periods in our history, where we managed to win a single league game and lost three straight of them, dropping all the way to 12th in the league. We were also poor in the Europa League, being destroyed by Inter, beaten by Bremen and only won against Qarabag, Part of this is due to some injuries to key players but I think the main reason is the unrest in the team as almost half of the key players have offers and want to leave and I did not want to let them leave. Now they are unhappy and I was unhappy for some matches and decided to replace them with younger players, but they are not prepared enough for this level. Hopefully we can all cool down and get things back on track.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturescae4ab0e7

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profile05d

2 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

It's FM Touch I am playing on with one of the default skins.

Ah :D Thought it was FM. Tough start to the league but hopefully you can turn it around.

Not sure if I should count this as if we recovered or not. We somehow sneaked through in Europa League after finishing 2nd on direct results with Bremen. We also gone through the Cup. But in the same time we are still 11th in the League, which is way to low for us. Board beginning a bit to lose confidence, but nothing to be worried yet.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixtures05a0c564e

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profile9c2

UEFA-Europa-League_-Overview-Profile37ee

After the loss against Fener we had for a brief moment in time the impression we recovered a bit with wins against Antalyaspor and Konyaspor followed by a draw in the Izmir derby against Goztepe. After Napoli destroyed us in both legs (even though we kept the scoreline pretty tight at home) followed a awful period without a single win. We are still in 11th but board begging to lose confidence in our capability (the objective at the season start was to finish in the first half of the table). We are also out of the Cup against a second division team and for the first time in this career I am worried about my job. We can still achieve top half table classification at the end of the season, but it's almost 100% sure that next season we won't be in the European Cups again.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesf5ad38cea

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profile75d

One of the worst period in my 10 years of playing FM. Nothing worked. Changed tactics. Changed players. Changed instructions. Got back to original tactics. Put the original players in the first eleven. We only got 2 points out of the last 8 games. Somehow we did not relegate, but the board has lost its patience with me. Sacked. End of story. Need a break from FM now, Reading all those successful stories starting from the n-th league and winning the Champions Cup and I couldn't manage surviving at a good enough club. Oh well, more time for vacation then.

Altinordu-A.S._-Senior-Fixturesa0a142d20

Spor-Toto-Super-Lig_-Overview-Profilebbc

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Such a shame you got sacked :(  Hope you start new team soon :thup: 

Haha. I probably will, cant keep away from FM to much, and I already have two saves in offline (not stories).

13 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

That sucks man! I enjoyed seeing your rise, a shame Europe seemed to arrive too early. FMTouch gives more transfer budget etc. to speed things up right, perhaps boards are also more impatient? 

It is a fun team to play with and a nice philosophy. I suggest you start with them too and prove me where I was wrong :p

47 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

It is a fun team to play with and a nice philosophy. I suggest you start with them too and prove me where I was wrong :p

I'm on the fence between them, trying the 30 mile radius challenge with Bayern, or doing another one with Manchester United. Are there many differences between Touch and normal FM? I've never played Touch except to test out a tactic one time, where I didn't have the patience so decided to go back to normal FM and play through. 

Archived