Fabinho - The impossible transfer

Gladoo

So, its the 6th of June 2018 and having completed my first season as Liverpool boss after coming 3rd in the league and reaching the semi-finals of the champions league its safe to say we're heading in the right direction. My first signing was Nabil Fekir from Lyon for £38million, followed by Allisson Becker from Roma for £33Million then Jean Michael Seri joined in January for £23Million all of which i am very happy with and had fitted in rather nicely.

I am still failing in my attempt to lure Monaco's Fabinho to Anfield after i wasn't sure if i wanted to pay the £95million they was asking in January 2017. Now a year later and i am still trying to secure his signature but of course his price has gone up after a promising campaign with Monaco. His stats for the season were as follows.452260402_ScreenShot2018-06-09at13_13_22.thumb.png.23850a9d22748f11d0bb0c86eeb1cf65.png

I have assigned my Director Of Football to constantly scout Fabinho, also i myself have watched him on many occasions, but he seems very happy at Monaco and nothing seems to unsettle him. I have thought of a few ideas, like signing one of his friends from Monaco first to see if that does anything, or maybe targeting a highly influencing player hoping he gets unsettled therefor leading to Fabinho wanting to leave to. I have also Asked Bobby Firmino to go to the press as he's native Brazilian but again no impact. I'm running out of options here!! HELP...!!

This is as high as i am willing to go for Fabinho, as lets be honest.. he isnt a world beater but he's a player i very much want and feel he's become an incredible player. Can anyone piece together an offer maybe or future payments, or some sort of bonus's i wont need to pay for a season or so. Just any help to try get this player, ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated.

2072149094_ScreenShot2018-06-09at13_23_44.thumb.png.50f84bfba529fd5f6efe106479400502.png

19 minutes ago, TheBigBoss said:

Managed to sign him on my Arsenal saved think it was 90mil up front and another 20mi through instalments him and Dybala are the hardest to prize away from their clubs  

I offered £112million, they just say the offer is unacceptable.. 

44 minutes ago, Gladoo said:

So, its the 6th of June 2018 and having completed my first season as Liverpool boss after coming 3rd in the league and reaching the semi-finals of the champions league its safe to say we're heading in the right direction. My first signing was Nabil Fekir from Lyon for £38million, followed by Allisson Becker from Roma for £33Million then Jean Michael Seri joined in January for £23Million all of which i am very happy with and had fitted in rather nicely.

Are you Jurgen Klopp?

24 minutes ago, theonets said:

Are you Jurgen Klopp?

Haha, i am trying to make a realistic save so im hoping to sign players who are potentially being signed :)

This may be a stupid question but have you actually made offers, or just used "Suggest Terms" then pulled out when they wanted too much? Because If you never actually do one where you click "Make Offer" and have to wait for them to come back, I've found its highly unlikely the player will become unsettled.

With a bid, I tend to first add then "Remove and Exclude" percentage of next sale / percentage of profit on next sale, but given the only way up from you is Barca / Real Madrid, I'd perhaps only exclude the former. 

Its annoying to do, but try lowering the initial fee and then going slightly above their asking price through as many add-ons as possible i.e. fee after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 apps, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 goals and international caps, £5mil odd if you win the league / CL (given how much money you get in the PL could also add it for the FA Cup and League Cup but they don't give as much prize money as the former two). You may end up with a deal that can come to a bit over their initial asking price once all clauses are triggered, but you'd be so deep into the save by the time 50 international appearances is triggered, for example, that I doubt you'd care at that point. 

In my Liverpool save, end of 1st season Emre Can engineered a move to Real, so I  went for Fabinho as his replacement, I paid 95mill rising to 113mill with add ons (international appearances and monthly installments). It took ALOT of negotionating from there original asking price of 150odd million. Also a fair bit of tryna unsettle him, and declaring interest, but in the end it is worth it. Quality player so far.

1 hour ago, theonets said:

Wow, I'm starting to feel like Wenger reading all this. Don't think I've ever spent more than 50-60 million at Arsenal on a single player. 

Hard not to spend big at Arsenal they have so much money haha but I did try to bring through youngsters whilst making one massive signing a year

Have you got a player that is already friends with him? Plays in the same national team? You could get them to talk to him.

Otherwise, just keep banging firm offers in and hope he becomes unsettled - talk him up  in the media, scout him,  make an offer,, then repeat.

It can take up to a year to turn his head.

• 2 weeks later...

I have same issue with Theo Hernandez at Real. He's been on loan at my club for 2 and a half seasons. Clearly isn't going to play for Real, but they keep asking well over £100m for him. despite me being his preferred personnel, and Newcastle now in favourite clubs, nothing seems to turn his head. Even a CL semi final and CL Final app isn't enough to unsettle him! I've offered up to £74m and they reject immediately. Unfortunately not willing to pay more, and they've just renewed his contract until 2025 :( 

Archived