Critique this tactic.

First thing I would do is switch the full backs to full backs - they will be more focused on defending than the WBS. FB-S behind AML/R on attack can work well.

Try and 'separate' the MCs as well. both on same role/duty - without knowing their attributes I can't  really advise further.

You have 'Work Ball Into box' as a TI  and yet your front three are all going to attack the box, without close support from midfield - look at one of the IFs going on Support duty and/or one of the MCs on a more aggressive duty to get forward in support, this may create more passing options in the final third.

Also, being on 'Fluid' means you are compressing the space vertically, so your 'Play Out of Defense' instruction doesn't give the defenders too may options other than the MCs.

Without seeing other deeper details of the tactic it's hard to offer further thoughts, try those things out, one at a time and see how it goes.

As stated by Snorks, switch the wingbacks to full back on support, or attack if you intend on them to overlap. I'd switch the DM to a Ball winning midfielder as well, change his PI to the shortest passing available too.. this should make him pass the ball short to other players rather than lose possession and give your opponent more chances to attack. Probably change a CM to box to box too, then atleast one of your CM's will be tracking back.

There's so many things to consider.  Having higher ball retention and possession means you will give the opponent less of the ball to attack. Playing higher up with an offside trap and sweeper keeper means you will give the opponent less time on the ball and stop a lot of attacks from offsides BUT the chances they do get will be more clear cut. Using stick to positions and more disciplined will mean your players keep a better shape and take less risks BUT it may invite pressure, decrease the amount of key passes and chances you create - leading to draws or conceding a lot of possession.

I would always advise though, go balls out and play a certain way  and stick to it. Don't play deep and attacking etc. Dont play high up and stand off etc. Either play structured, deep and stand off, make it hard for the opposition to break you down or play high up, high closing down and high tempo and put it on the cpu. just make sure you have the players to play the way you are trying to.

19 minutes ago, MagicHat said:

........ just make sure you have the players to play the way you are trying to.

That right htere is probably the single most important piece of advice you can get.

You have your defenders defending, midfielders+FBs supporting and forwards attacking.  There's no variety or between line movement.  Really if you want the different parts of the team to focus on there area consider using a Structured team shape rather than doing it through duties.  If you do want your forwards to be attacking quickly you need to get them the ball quickly, if you patiently move the ball forward (Play Out Of Defence) plus patient roles+duties (DM-D, CM-S, CM-S) that lack a deep distributor (direct+risky passes) then defences can drop deep and the makes it harder for those high runners.

Why did you add more closing down to the fullbacks and IF's?  Your team is already Closing Down More?  If you want those forwards running in behind opponents, how is pressing more going to help that?

This is very similar to your last topic with very little information, just seemingly throwing random tactics around.  What is it your trying to create?  Meaning how do you expect to defend and create goals plus how do those two things combine?

3 hours ago, summatsupeer said:

You have your defenders defending, midfielders+FBs supporting and forwards attacking.  There's no variety or between line movement.  Really if you want the different parts of the team to focus on there area consider using a Structured team shape rather than doing it through duties.  If you do want your forwards to be attacking quickly you need to get them the ball quickly, if you patiently move the ball forward (Play Out Of Defence) plus patient roles+duties (DM-D, CM-S, CM-S) that lack a deep distributor (direct+risky passes) then defences can drop deep and the makes it harder for those high runners.

Why did you add more closing down to the fullbacks and IF's?  Your team is already Closing Down More?  If you want those forwards running in behind opponents, how is pressing more going to help that?

This is very similar to your last topic with very little information, just seemingly throwing random tactics around.  What is it your trying to create?  Meaning how do you expect to defend and create goals plus how do those two things combine?

The idea is that by having the wingers press the opposition fullbacks they won't be able to get forward as much then I can change my fullbacks to attack to create 2 v 1s  and while TI says press more PI says sometimes. I took away the high line based on feedback from the other tactic but the opposition fullbacks still get forward. 

42 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

The idea is that by having the wingers press the opposition fullbacks they won't be able to get forward as much then I can change my fullbacks to attack to create 2 v 1s  and while TI says press more PI says sometimes. I took away the high line based on feedback from the other tactic but the opposition fullbacks still get forward. 

Closing down won't stop the opposition FBs making off the ball runs to get forward, really you can't do much to stop them whilst the opposition has the ball since holding is a foul :herman:.  And i'm even more puzzled why that would be linked to making your fbs attack more?  If you want to press high and pin in your opposition that could stop them, but you won't be able to attack with runs in behind as often since the space will be limited so will require patience and smart play from the players plus a tactical rethink or likely to just end up with lots of long shots as your front 3 stand up against the d-line who are sitting near/in there box.

41 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Adding to the previous post, what's working? What isn't working? What would you like advice on?

How can I protect the flanks, with a high line the goals were 50/50 long balls and crosses but now the AI still has the overlap but doesn't use it as much and it's goals come from wide players drifting inside and playing through balls, or just a set piece situation, also doesn't help that my players and goalkeeper despite being told to play out from the back constantly punt the ball away when we could counter. 

Archived