[FM18] You Need to Be Selfoss To Win Trophies

tastaiwan

Things Are Getting Too Close For Comfort

Welcome to the final games of the season! This year is especially exciting, so I'll be covering the final three games individually and updating the league table afterwards. Here is where we stand now!

oyrsWJZ.jpg

We haven't been at the best of form, and it's taking a lot of motivating team talks to keep morale afloat. It's teetering, but our goalscorers are on a bit of a break. Nonetheless, the table right now is insanely tight.

uU4eUvr.jpg

FH has an outstretched hand on one handle of the trophy, but we, along with Leiknir, could make a move to usurp last year's champions. At worst, FH will have me by five points. However, I am being given a chance to influence my fate and bring the first ever Urvalsdeild title to UMF Selfoss by the following fixtures.

OpdR3ov.jpg

It's silly season here in Iceland; if there's ever a time to perform, it's now.

JkVAdxp.jpg

P6sRD9I.jpg

Bloody hell. It was a close game, but we haven't done ourselves any favors. We performed well, but it didn't come together up top.

OJ6JY62.jpg

However, the point we did get is better than the points lost by both FH and Leiknir. Open doors...

UI3fCn0.jpguJ1kYer.jpg

We can't be drawing these games this close to the title. The final game is against Leiknir. A win will most likely give us second place. Anything else and we will be third or fourth. The title looks like it belongs to FH already. Not sure what I'm going to do here.

ZvDKEMx.jpg

0vEzXw7.jpg

This one is gonna sting for a while. It's a close game, and FH threw their game away. Had we won, we'd be sitting on 41 points, Leiknir on 40...we'd have won the league.

Need to bring in players that are better than anything we have and push off the five or six players at the bottom. Gradual improvement, that's what we're going for.

10 hours ago, mark1985 said:

So close but yet so far! FM in a nutshell

10 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Great work mate, R. Sociedad was an unbeatable opponent even the fact you scored 3 times was amazing.. :thup:

Thanks! Some revenge is in due order this year.

2022 Preseason

txAtA9X.jpg

Everything is good so far in the friendlies, but we stumbled a little bit at the end there.

fW7ykfQ.jpg

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Welcome to FH 2.0.

T3MILfe.jpg

Goalkeepers

Sigurjonsson

Eythorsson

Strom

Defenders

Gunnarsson

Gudlaugsson

Thrastarson

Jonsson

Magnusson

Arnason

Midfielders

Heimisson

Magnusson 2

Palmason

Johannsson

Marteinsson

Benediktsson

Gudmundsson

Winger

Vignisson

Hilmarsson

Reykjalin

Striker

Jonsson (AMC, really)

Gunnarsson

Olafs

sdhbqNp.jpg

We're starting to edge back towards the black, but it'll be a while.

akZb3Yg.jpg

We're rocking the 4-2-3-1 this year to make use of Jonsson.

ZcsqpZn.jpg

Still not predicted to do well. Shocker.

I want to win the league. I've messed up a signing in Reykjalin, he never should have joined the team, but at this point I might as well use the depth he gives us. We have strong, young players in Olafs, Gudmundsson, and Strom, along with some great loan signings. We have the quality. Do we have the cojones?

B2QJk58.jpg

We bow out of the League Cup A once again, this time against FH. Despite being my least favourite team in Iceland (I really wish I could have a say on rivalries), I'm glad it was them. They're a great team, and it's respectable to lose on penalties. I won't be speaking that kindly of them again.

Mid-Season 2020

N5mos9X.jpg

There's a lot of green in the latter half of the fixtures! I'm pretty happy with what we've done, we haven't fallen into disarray after a series of bad results. We've finally made it into the Icelandic Cup final and will be facing IA. It's a shame about Dundalk, but we can focus on the league.

RbwbSmW.jpg

It's another race against Leiknir. Breidablik has fallen upon sore times, but KR has regained composure after a poor finish last year and has rejoined the club.

InkBNn6.jpg

End of Season 2022

evuKhLJ.jpg

What a fantastic way to finish the season. IA gave us quite a bit of trouble both times around, but we recovered and won the last two games in good fashion.

mrutvvC.jpg

We were even with Leiknir on the final day and behind one goal on goal difference, but they choked and drew their final game, bringing the Urvalsdeild to UMF Selfoss. Finally! After three years of feeling like Arsenal, we managed to pull off consistent performances. A key figure this year was definitely Viktor Helgi Benediktsson. You can see his average rating above at 7.52. He came in as a backup to Marteinsson and was going to play as more of a rotation option, but he got himself a starting position and gave us a solid rock of consistency when other players were faltering.

ArvjNFd.jpg

Our wage budget has more than doubled...I don't know what I'm going to do with that money, I don't think I'll even hit $1 million. I'll just put more money into the transfer budget.

adyBXYV.jpg

Benediktsson was so good, in fact, that his relatively low 16 appearances brought him the player of the year award. Your loss, FH.

im0CePx.jpg

Our defense truly shined this year. Our fullback positions were weak at the start of the season and still are, so they've been pulling performances out of their collective asses to keep us in good shape.

C0sg8Lj.jpg

NisQfWU.jpg

I'll figure out what I want to improve after contracts run out and I can take a fresh look at the squad. What a wonderful finish to the year, though. We've got Strom coming in from his loan spell, and it's getting about time that he takes over from the aging Sigurjonsson. Gudmundsson wasn't particularly impressive this year, but he has loads of time to develop. I'm severely questioning whether Alti Fannar Jonsson will stay with us or not. If he lowers his wage demands I might take a stab at it. Gudlaugsson, an old guard at 31 years old, can still do a great job for us. I'll be making moves to keep Gunnarsson and Magnusson on loan, hopefully we can see those out. Olafs is developing well, I look forward to how he does next year.

dn4csaT.jpg

I just had a look back at the World Cup because I realized I missed it. My word...imagine the scenes when the semi-final came around, I bet a lot of gamblers were quite angry. Africa had a sensational year, four countries is quite unusual.

Pre-Season 2023

l2A27Pe.jpg

Everything's going great for now. We still can't afford to bring in foreign teams.

0xQcSAM.jpg

They've given me cash to splash, and I haven't hesitated. We brought in players in key positions, primarily fullbacks and a left winger. I also nabbed a defensive mid in Helgason at the last moment. His stats look like he's bordering 35, but he'll be progressing instead of regressing. We've made some killer deals, but I absolutely need it to pay off in the CL so I can still make a profit.

5g2wBCo.jpg

Goalkeepers:

Sigurjonsson

Eythorsson

Strom

Defenders:

Gunnarsson

Gudlaugsson

Jonsson

Magnusson

Hallsson

Gunnarsson 2.0

Valsson

Midfielders:

Palmason

Johannson

Marteinsson

Benediktsson

Helgason

Gudmundsson

Wingers:

Vignisson

Hilmarsson

Agnarsson

Thorsteinsson

Strikers:

Gunnarsson 3.0...

Olafs

Olafsson YP18A (on loan somewhere else)

D6saffk.jpg

We need to beat 6th...we can do this. Nobody in the dream team yet.

We're gonna win the league. No other option is okay.

q1sgsVn.jpg

I wasn't very happy with the scheduling job of the organizers, so I tossed in a lot of friendlies. FH have ceased to cause us many problems, but the game I don't look forward to is IA. This year, they defeated us in the final and we only barely won the Champions Cup in what was essentially just a tie. Last year, they knocked us out in the Icelandic Cup final. Something about that team is just annoying. They don't even perform very well in the league.

The board didn't care much about either competition, so I'm just moving on to the Urvalsdeild.

Just read all of this today. Really entertaining save you've got going here, and despite the cup disappointments you are progressing very well. I've been to Iceland and seen a match there before, so I'll definitely be following in memory of that. Keep up the good work!

Unbelievable. I came home and found myself logged out of Steam and FM18 uninstalled. Except it wasn't really uninstalled, it went through the installation process but immediately finished when it realized I already had all the files. I went in, found my save file, and...it won't load. This is the first time it's happened to me, and I just can't believe it. I was looking forward to this save developing, longer saves usually dim for me but I could tell this one was different. What a bummer. I'll be making a new save, but I can't see myself restarting this one from scratch. We'll see what I come up with.

Archived