Is it impossible to do a player search for everyone in your database?

I'm new to FM18 so am curious to know. On previous FM's if you go to player search and untick realistic transfers you can literally see 1000s and 1000s of players. On FM18 this isn't the case.

I searched all English players and only about 40 came up, i have England down to league 2. So factually there's more than these players.

Reason i need this is because i used to use this on previous FMs for international management to see if there's anyone who's 'partially' a nationality so you can see if you can call them up.

FYI i manage Balzers FC in Swiss 4th Tier.

I just figured it out, its your scouting package . i started a new league, selected Bayern to manage. looked at player search, showed 30k.  went in changed both to world package and 53 782. the total of my database per the add leagues screen is appox. 59k. I imagine your scouting package is crap due to your low league so I'm guessing that's why.

That's what it is, i have a save with a welsh team, shows 100 players searchable. i edited my money in it, upped my packages to max and can see all of the players now.

This is a bit silly, I was having a look at the Macedonia national team whilst I`m also managing Dynamo Dresden, just promoted to the 2. Bundesliga, 2022-23 season. As I said, I have a look at their national team, all good, full 23-player squad and the Under 21 team the same, full squad, some decent players playing for the likes of Lokomotiv Moscow, some Serie A and Serie B teams, and of course a few for Vardar Skopje. Since the national team is playable and their manager is on the verge of getting sacked, I enter the player search screen and look for all the Macedonian nationality players. It comes up with 8 results, all playing in Germany, Austria and the neighboring countries. Now I get it that my scouting package doesn`t cover much, but surely someone playing in the Serie A or for the Russian champions should show up, because that has got nothing to do with how good my scouting is, but rather with common football knowledge. Am I missing something? I know in previous FMs you could see the top players in the game world or players of certain nationality, even if there was no chance they`d ever join your team. 

47 minutes ago, Marius_R said:

This is a bit silly, I was having a look at the Macedonia national team whilst I`m also managing Dynamo Dresden, just promoted to the 2. Bundesliga, 2022-23 season. As I said, I have a look at their national team, all good, full 23-player squad and the Under 21 team the same, full squad, some decent players playing for the likes of Lokomotiv Moscow, some Serie A and Serie B teams, and of course a few for Vardar Skopje. Since the national team is playable and their manager is on the verge of getting sacked, I enter the player search screen and look for all the Macedonian nationality players. It comes up with 8 results, all playing in Germany, Austria and the neighboring countries. Now I get it that my scouting package doesn`t cover much, but surely someone playing in the Serie A or for the Russian champions should show up, because that has got nothing to do with how good my scouting is, but rather with common football knowledge. Am I missing something? I know in previous FMs you could see the top players in the game world or players of certain nationality, even if there was no chance they`d ever join your team. 

You do not have the correct scouting package to see them, it really is that simple. You are getting players in Germany because you probably have a German-only package. This does not prevent you scouting players who are not on the list (you can scout any member of the Macedonian national team, it will just cost you money).

In fact, you do have access to all players in every single league. Otherwise, in your example, teams in the Serie A would appear to have no players at all. Like I said, you can scout them if you want, for a fee. If you know a player's name, the search bar will find all players in the database. The simple answer to this question is that if you want all players to appear in the scouting menu, pay for the appropriate scouting package.

I get it I don`t have  the right scouting package, fair enough, I don`t expect David playing for PUB F.C.  to instantly show on the player search (or scouting) screen, but it`s a bit silly to search for players of a specific nationality, say English, like the OP has, and come up with 40 players, and I bet they weren`t the top English players, but players closest to where he is managing.

I`m a journeyman type of player and do both club and international management, so naturally when I`m approached by a national team I like to look at players of that nationality to see what are the options. I don`t want to scout all 3500 English players or all the 85 (random number) Colombian players that are in my game, I want to know the relative size of the national pool and if there are other players besides the ones in the national teams, both senior and Under 21s/19s/17s. Player filter should show at least the well known Colombian players, not the only Colombian playing in the German and Austrian lower divisions because my scouts can`t go further than Poland or Belarus.

On 19/02/2018 at 06:32, Marius_R said:

This. Also if you can see the whole Macedonia squad by looking at their national team, why would none of the players show up in the player search screen.

It even comes to the point where i'm searching for English players and premier league English players aren't showing up with exception of Kane, Alli and about 20 others. Ridiculous

Archived