Scouts not finding players

I have a good collection of scouts that all have 16 or over when it comes to judging player potential and ability, however, the assignments I send them on aren't yielding any results. They're all reasonably standard assignments as well, either mainstream competitions or established regions but they seem to find about 4 players maximum (sometimes players I previously knew and had scouted anyway) and that's it. I have tried both putting no criteria on the assignment at all and choosing to only scout players up to a certain age but that doesn't make a difference either. 

I'm in my third season now and fellow Premier League teams are all buying the exciting new regens and I'm effectively blind as to who they are as scouts won't find any. 

Any advice? 

@FulhamFc14

I have been having scouting issues with lack of players being found, but this is at the LLM end of the scale, rather than the top end. If you have any saves of when you started the assignment and the end of the assignment with the lack of players, I suggest that you create a bug report thread in the scouting section of the FM18 bug reports forum and upload the saves to SI's public FTP site. There is more detailed advice in the bugs forum.

Edited by The Enforcer

S.I. Have intentionally made it harder to scout, and have tried to get people to focus on the scouting centre more. Your reports are still being generated, they are just put to you via a scout meeting now, so you have to do 400 million clicks to see the players you have scouted, rather than the 3 it used to take.

6 hours ago, chestermike said:

S.I. Have intentionally made it harder to scout, and have tried to get people to focus on the scouting centre more. Your reports are still being generated, they are just put to you via a scout meeting now, so you have to do 400 million clicks to see the players you have scouted, rather than the 3 it used to take.

You don't actually know that this is the issue, and using someone's query to grind your axe isn't entirely useful.

7 hours ago, FulhamFc14 said:

I have a good collection of scouts that all have 16 or over when it comes to judging player potential and ability, however, the assignments I send them on aren't yielding any results. They're all reasonably standard assignments as well, either mainstream competitions or established regions but they seem to find about 4 players maximum (sometimes players I previously knew and had scouted anyway) and that's it. I have tried both putting no criteria on the assignment at all and choosing to only scout players up to a certain age but that doesn't make a difference either. 

I'm in my third season now and fellow Premier League teams are all buying the exciting new regens and I'm effectively blind as to who they are as scouts won't find any. 

Any advice? 

Could you show a screenshot of your assignments, and the preferences on the scouting inbox (in case it is making reports, but just not sending them to the main inbox very often)?

14 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

You don't actually know that this is the issue, and using someone's query to grind your axe isn't entirely useful.

Could you show a screenshot of your assignments, and the preferences on the scouting inbox (in case it is making reports, but just not sending them to the main inbox very often)?

I do know this is the issue. I had a message off S.I. Admin saying that there are less players found on assignments nowadays to encourage people to use the scout meeting function. .

2 hours ago, chestermike said:

I do know this is the issue. I had a message off S.I. Admin saying that there are less players found on assignments nowadays to encourage people to use the scout meeting function. .

But the scouting meeting is mostly generated by reports compiled by scouts during the course of their assignments.

I just found the best workaround for the amount of clicks ever!!! In the scouting centre, click on players, then scouted. On the drop down menu in the top left you can click on 'players in scouting centre', and have the 100 players in a list so you don't have to individually click dismiss or acknowledge for every person, saving around 200 clicks per month!!!! Excellent.

2 hours ago, The Enforcer said:

But the scouting meeting is mostly generated by reports compiled by scouts during the course of their assignments.

Yes but it doesn't show in the assignments tab any more. Each scout will only generate a maximum of about 10 reports in there.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, menu14 said:

My scouts can only find players in England and no where else. Did anyone get the solution to this? 

What is their Scouting Knowledge like? As far as I know, it affects how long it will take them and how many players they will find in that nation (and Adaptability dictating how fast they will gain new Scouting Knowledge). This is why I always try to strike a balance, it's no use having 20 JCA/JPA Scouts if all of them only know England.

19 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

What is their Scouting Knowledge like? As far as I know, it affects how long it will take them and how many players they will find in that nation (and Adaptability dictating how fast they will gain new Scouting Knowledge). This is why I always try to strike a balance, it's no use having 20 JCA/JPA Scouts if all of them only know England.

Even when their knowledge of the country is full they don’t find any players at all.