iPhone X support? (Yes, skin now out in 9.1.2!)

• SI Staff

We need to create a new set of graphical assets for this and write code to position them correctly on all screens. It's not a simple task at all I'm afraid, we do appreciate the patience while we work on it.

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, Lokytouch said:

I buy for samsung s8 plus and see black bars to !!! I put refund because dont like this, if put full screen i buy the game ... not is ok black bars ...

As mentioned in your original thread post - if you look in preferences on Android devices there should be an option to stretch the display full-screen if we don't have a native skin available for your device currently (Android has a LOT of different resolutions available so its impossible to cover them all).

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, jammywd said:

Do you guys have a timescale for this yet?

If I'm honest it would be a total guess at the moment, there's quite a lot of assets that need recreating etc - sorry not to be able to be any more clear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
4 hours ago, starstar said:

I wonder why some small developers can get their apps updated for iphone x so quickly, unlike a famous and well known developer like SI/Sega cannot even get it sorted out. 

Reason for this is that our game is entirely in C++ with a small platform layer, while most smaller apps are written using native tools for iOS - the layouts are possible to tweak much more easily with these and a lot of the support is inbuilt, but it's a lot less powerful and flexible for what we need to be doing.

I agree six + weeks is a disappointing length of time to wait for such an expensive app from a major studio to support a major new phone that has been in the works for months.... BUT I do think the amount of bugs in the game is way more important to sort than the X update, I can still play it fine on my X and would rather the bug fixes came quicker. 

I know you guys are working hard on bugs and fixing other issues but could we get an update of how far along you are on the new graphics for the IPhone X i have read that it needed to be done again from scratch as some parts where too small 

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, dunadela said:

I know you guys are working hard on bugs and fixing other issues but could we get an update of how far along you are on the new graphics for the IPhone X i have read that it needed to be done again from scratch as some parts where too small 

We've got a prototype working in-house - but it needs full QA and probably a few revisions before its ready for the wild, we'll get it out to you chaps as soon as is feasible .. but obviously its better to do it sensibly than risk breaking the game for you.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, starstar said:

it will be release when they release FMM 19

It will be before then - as always we will attempt to support our product to the best of my ability (he says as he posts support for the game while watching a TV show with his family on Christmas day).

• SI Staff
On 12/30/2017 at 16:44, Sil915 said:

Any updates on this?

SI won't return to the office until a few days time - a few of us have worked from home over the break, but I've been concentrating mainly on bugs, tuning and tech support ... graphical stuff isn't really my forte so you'll have to wait for Jamie's return for an update.

I would expect considering the complexity and amount of screens in a new skin however that it won't be released for a while yet, most likely with the January data update.

PS - And I have had some time off, my eldest son was home from University and we spent some time geeking out gaming - XBox One Wolfenstein and board games mainly ..

11 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

SI won't return to the office until a few days time - a few of us have worked from home over the break, but I've been concentrating mainly on bugs, tuning and tech support ... graphical stuff isn't really my forte so you'll have to wait for Jamie's return for an update.

I would expect considering the complexity and amount of screens in a new skin however that it won't be released for a while yet, most likely with the January data update.

PS - And I have had some time off, my eldest son was home from University and we spent some time geeking out gaming - XBox One Wolfenstein and board games mainly ..

Your not seriously suggesting that the iPhone X won’t be supported until the end of March? Nearly six months for a major games developer to support the latest major handset? A small independent App / Developer ok but not Sega / SI that’s really poor if it turns out to be true.... 

that is why i wont be buying my next FMM on 1st day release... What a waste of money. Paying nearly £15 for a game that looks sucks on iphone x. Really unplayable on iphone x with a strain to the eyes on such small font.

Other small developers managed to get the support for iphone x before christmas. 

With this rate of slow progress, we wont be seeing the support for iphone x until FMM 19. 

I wish i could get a refund on it.

21 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Does this mean it should be out by the end of January 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, dunadela said:

Does this mean it should be out by the end of January 

We will indicate a release date for it once we have got further towards the end of its creation cycle.

As always I'm loathe to give an exact date for releases before we're in a situation to guarantee them. I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed that the X support isn't in yet, but we are working upon it and we will endeavor to ensure its available as soon as is feasible - thank you for your patience in this regard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, Razza said:

Still nothing on getting the X sorted Marc? 

Please be patient. As Marc said we will indicate a release date when we can.

Understand you guys are working hard on this, however we’ve all been waiting patiently for a long time now with still no commitment to a date for the iPhone X update. 

I love football manager and bought this on release day but haven’t been able to play it once. How do I get a refund? 

I played FM Touch for almost 2months and FMH haven’t resolve the iphoneX problem. Lol kind of regret buying FMH seriously. Hate to say it is a fail product of the year -.- Hahahah Nov17 someone say soon or later for the update... 2months later, still saying the same things.. I didn’t know they need 3months to complete this?? Laughs other developers can resolve within a month.. Yet SI can take forever. Such slacking developers employees??? Sad game

I don’t care if the developers rage me or whatever, I have been supporting Footballmanager series since 2007 I think. I bought all FM versions, PC, Ipad and Iphone every year. Yet this year is bad, Guess I gonna stuck at PC and Touch version for another few months. SAD

• Administrators

Other developers do it "quicker" because they use different toolsets than we do. For example, those using native Apple support will be able to make it iPhone X compatible much faster than other developers using their own toolkits (see Alari's post above). We have an entire skin to consider and QA testing and so-forth. Unfortunately it does take time and it won't be rushed.

That's the way it is I'm afraid - this thread isn't for slating the developers, so I'm only going to ask once that you refrain from doing that. 

We know you're very eager to play this on iPhone X - so are we. But it won't come any faster coming in here with sarcastic remarks - the thread will be closed if that continues.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

My apologies if I being too blunt, I have been a quiet players for years already. And you can see my last post of asking iPhone X update.. 2months+ ago? Thank god Fm and touch version is a great success. But sometime I still feel frustrated when I can’t play FMH from my phone while I’m working at office. 

• SI Staff
29 minutes ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Wow, the iPhone X Skin looks amazing. Well worth the wait, the good looks so good 😎. Thank You for all the hard work you guys put into it. 

Glad to hear you like it!! Let us know if you see any issues, there are so many screens in game now I'm sure we'll have missed something by mistake.

The new skin is amazing i really like it however something that is not a deal breaker while in a match the outside of the stadium area could be filled with more trees or something instead of blurred cover photo i think it would give more of an immersive feelD635784D-D116-4E87-97EC-2C288F7D3AC4.thumb.png.e5c66c2ae46d4c7edb336ac4f151d23e.png

Archived