FM18: Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit

gandrasch

I now play a fairly standard vertical Tiki-Taka with Torreira as Regista, Ramsey as Mezalla and Elneny as B2B which works great because of their mobility. Özil is on the right flank as Raumdeuter/Winger.

Made two big signings in CB with de Ligt (again, but for only 25 now and 40 mil with clauses this time) and Upamecano from RB Leipzig for about 40mil (60 with all clauses) who looks like a total beast in my save. 

Only other transfer is Myron Boadu from AZ, a 17-year old promising striker/winger.

My biggest concern is Reiss Nelson which isn't utilized by Hoffenheim unlike IRL.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cloista said:

For FMT19 I've settled on a 442DM Gegenpress with some tweaks to make it more similar to how the Invincibles played. Ozil or Iwobi as a Wide Playmaker at ML, Mkhitaryan (later, Nelson) as an Inverted Winger at MR, Lacazette (Nketiah) as a DLF in right ST (the Bergkamp role) and Auba as an AF at left ST with Stay Wider PI (Henry role). AMN/Guendouzi have been sharing the Vieira role (SV at DMLC) with Torreira in the Gilberto role (DMd). Xhaka is this squad's Edu for me. Both full backs bomb on and I score a lot of cutbacks and low crosses.

Had a poor first 3 games whilst tweaking the system but have gone on a winning run the last 7 games, including beating both Spurs and Liverpool 5-0.

Really like the sound of that one - it just doesn't leave any space for Ramsey?A personal fav of mine

Rambo could potentially either play as the Secundo Volante (he's actually pretty ideal for the role) or off the right, he just needs a little retraining to become Accomplished in either position. He wouldn't sign a contract for me, so I've planned on his departure and am using him sparingly while he's still here (hoping to offload him in Jan, he wouldn't go pre-season).

45 minutes ago, Cloista said:

Rambo could potentially either play as the Secundo Volante (he's actually pretty ideal for the role) or off the right, he just needs a little retraining to become Accomplished in either position. He wouldn't sign a contract for me, so I've planned on his departure and am using him sparingly while he's still here (hoping to offload him in Jan, he wouldn't go pre-season).

Really? At the start of the season he settled for something like 140k p/w (which is only 20k more than on his old one) twice for me. 

• 3 months later...

Archived