[suggestion] Less media attention for minnow teams

krashd

I started a game unemployed with minimal coaching badges and experience just for fun and the only team to accept me was Helsingborgs IF Akademie, a 4th tier training affiliate of a Pro Swedish team and we regularly draw crowds of as many as 270 people (probably all relatives of the 17 year olds that make up my first team).   So far I've had the media interview welcoming me to such a prestigious backwoods irrelevant club and then several others congratulating me for bringing a slew of 16-year olds to the team on zero wage part time contracts and grilling me about what impact they might make on the team and whether it might upset any of the other spotty little bastards.  I've now gained a reputation for storming out of interviews as the questions were just hilarious.

Can the whole media thing not be tapered?  With the lower the league the less media attention?   I mean, if you're a Sunday-league manager the local Gazette won't give a toss if you've just poached Steve Felcher, full-time fireman, from Bradford Bumbles Athletic U21.

Indeed that's true. I started out as my local club hardly any media attention, now I have got to league 2 there is more media attention on the club. And as for transfer activity IRL there is still interest in new signings, Maybe half a page on the back of my local 

• 1 month later...

Archived