Filling the SC role.

I am currently in the process of creating a tactic (as Liverpool if that makes any difference) but I am unsure as to what role to play in my SC role.

I am currently playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation and, at present, the only attacking roles are my 2 wing backs.

I line up with the following:

SK-d

WB-a 

BPD-d

BPD-d

WB-a

Regista 

CM-s

CM-s

IF-s

IF-s

F9

The cm roles will be modified after a few matches if needed but, right now, I am struggling with the SC role. 

How do you want to play?

whats your team shape and mentality?

How will the striker balance with the other roles?

Does your system provide penetration and mobility?

Very fluid and standard. Playing a short passing game and, for the best part, we control the game. I get the desired overlapping from both wing backs but I'm just lacking in front of goal. 

I am aware that I only have 2 attacking roles which is why I'm toying with the idea of another attacking role in the SC position as the F9 is not really an out and out scorer. 

I'd change the F9 to a CF-S and would take a look at your midfield. Do you feel the regista will give you enough defensively, especially with two attacking wing-backs bombing forward?

Regardless of the role, with a support duty "striker" the idea for them is to provide a link with midfield and create space by pulling defenders out of position for somebody else in your team to take advantage of.

Who in your team is going to take advantage?

Archived