Why does FM17 stop so damn much?

Recently I decided to make the transition from 15 to 17 and my biggest problem with the game so far (apart from the poorly made regens) is the amount of times the game decides to stop when I press continue. It pretty much stops at least three times each day. I ticked the option "have fewer stops in play by increasing the duration of each proccesing game" but the game still stops every single day. Is there a way to "fix" this annoying problem? When I pressed continue in FM15 it never stopped EVERY SINGLE DAY.

i have notice that as well. On 15 it stop one day and skip over some days, and you get to your next game pretty quick. But 17 you are right. You press continue two or three times a day, and it could take a while to get to your next game. I went back on 15 just recently, and it plays so quick compared to 17

It does stop a fair amount, but I've also noticed the benefits of this. It stops on news headlines, for example, and I notice that Real Madrid declared a major interest in a great regen who plays for Monaco. I wasn't even aware of this player (I'm still at a team just below the elite teams) so it was a way of starting to track these guys.

It also keeps me in the loop with regards to any news-worthy sackings.

I prefer it stopping more often.  More news, better chance of picking up on something important, you otherwise might have missed. I know some of us like to have quicker games, but thats what FMT is for right?

I prefer to have the option to tailor how often the game stops, before FM17 this was controlled by my subscriptions but now that doesn't matter and the game stops processing at least twice a day even if there is no new items based on my news feed subscriptions and is one of the key reasons why I have so few hours of play on FM17.

I know you have  FMT, buts thats a slim down version. With 15 you had the full game and sped through the days, i never needed to play the slim version on 15, because the full game was so quick.

I agree,. stops far too often even with that option ticked for less stops.

Often takes me an age to get between matches.  I started holidaying 1-2 days a a time once but got bitten hard as I signed a new contract during one of those holiday days (was hoping to leave end of season). 

If you go into preference > Interface > Screen Flow > and uncheck Visit News Screens Automatically - I found this cuts all that nonsense out. And it will then advance days, even up to a full week without stopping.

4 hours ago, oulzac said:

If you go into preference > Interface > Screen Flow > and uncheck Visit News Screens Automatically - I found this cuts all that nonsense out. And it will then advance days, even up to a full week without stopping.

Yes! I remember looking at that option and thinking if it would make a diference but I forgot where it was. This is a great solution and now the game doesn't stop like crazy (Granted, I'm not up to date with news anymore). I got used to go on holiday one game before a match and now this is going to help during pre-season and tranfer windows (Don't recommend going on holiday during either).

Archived