Improvement to Contract Promises

maccataq

I think this is a nice idea but the majority of the time I just remove them all and the player/agent are happy to proceed which appears to defeat the object. There are promises which I keep that I feel confident of fulfilling but it's the position one which is a bit too pedantic for my liking, i.e. the playing a specific role as well as position. I have just inadvertently broken a promise to play a player as a Left Full Back even though I played him most of the season at Left Back but as a Wing Back. It's just not realistic; the only time I have ever heard issues of this kind of real life is with defenders playing at full back wanting to play centre back or forwards playing on the wings. Also, the feedback from players on promises should be better, i.e. players should come to you expressing concern that you aren't fulfilling a promise as opposed to just being seemingly happy until the point the promise is broken. This would allow you to mitigate the issue sooner or at least explain to them the role they are required to play.

47 minutes ago, maccataq said:

I think this is a nice idea but the majority of the time I just remove them all and the player/agent are happy to proceed which appears to defeat the object. There are promises which I keep that I feel confident of fulfilling but it's the position one which is a bit too pedantic for my liking, i.e. the playing a specific role as well as position. I have just inadvertently broken a promise to play a player as a Left Full Back even though I played him most of the season at Left Back but as a Wing Back. It's just not realistic; the only time I have ever heard issues of this kind of real life is with defenders playing at full back wanting to play centre back or forwards playing on the wings. Also, the feedback from players on promises should be better, i.e. players should come to you expressing concern that you aren't fulfilling a promise as opposed to just being seemingly happy until the point the promise is broken. This would allow you to mitigate the issue sooner or at least explain to them the role they are required to play.

Yes feedback could be better in regards to promises. Maybe better feedback from your Assistant Manager and the option to talk to the player at these times, instead of even just waiting for the player to come and talk to us. Perhaps even have it so your team comes to you also with an option then to talk to the player in question.

Also I find it frustrating to see players being unhappy with the current squad and asking a manager to strengthen if the current squad is performing against targets set by the club. I have Lukaku as a striker and Dembele as my backup striker and 2 young Regens as my third/fourth option, this is apparently not enough. I only play a single striker in my formations so therefore any more I bring in is just not going to play! I need to be able to explain that but cant!

On 13/04/2017 at 13:46, tomzo_2 said:

Also I find it frustrating to see players being unhappy with the current squad and asking a manager to strengthen if the current squad is performing against targets set by the club. I have Lukaku as a striker and Dembele as my backup striker and 2 young Regens as my third/fourth option, this is apparently not enough. I only play a single striker in my formations so therefore any more I bring in is just not going to play! I need to be able to explain that but cant!

I constantly am warned by my staff that players are unhappy with squad strength in a certain position. Like you I have a one striker system which my main striker plays most games. I think they need to understand that I can't have another top player sat on the bench every week, especially when you only really have one game a week. I think being able to explain that would be good.

Furthermore, when I'm signing a player, they want me to strengthen the very position I'm signing them to strengthen!

Once a promise of playing in a position and role is made I don't think there's a way to see what that was. It's usually pretty obvious from preferences but it would be good to have reminder somewheree of what that was other than "promise not being fulfilled". Tbh- doesn't say much for my attention span when offering contracts ...

On 26/04/2017 at 23:04, Bigmonkey79 said:

Once a promise of playing in a position and role is made I don't think there's a way to see what that was. It's usually pretty obvious from preferences but it would be good to have reminder somewheree of what that was other than "promise not being fulfilled". Tbh- doesn't say much for my attention span when offering contracts ...

If you go to the promises screen, hover over the promise and it will come up.

• 7 months later...

Archived