MLS Player Values

nick1408

Not sure how viable this one is but I got the idea after listening to AFL commentators talk about player values.

As we know for a transfer to happen between MLS clubs a trade is involved.  Currently, the player value is shown in a $ value (or whatever currency you are using).  For MLS however, this may not (or maybe it is?) be the most useful information.  As you would be aware you can check a draft pick's value on the league transfer screen.  I feel it would be very useful if on the player screen the value was shown as something like:

jwLO3TL.png

jwLO3TL.png?1

My example has used a Tottenham player (and colour so it stands out, White would be fine here) but this would only be valid for players that you must trade for.  Simple sentences such as "2 first round picks", "1 Second Round Pick + $50k TAM" etc to give an idea on player value.  As the player value is not what the club's asking price at the moment I feel that giving a player value in draft picks would work much the same way.

Probably one for @Aljarov @Jason the Yank or @SeoulYank to really give the tick of approval to before pushing forward.

I'm not sure how you would arrive at that valuation though.

The NFL of course has a "trade value chart" for draft picks, but AFAIK there's no similar thing in MLS. Plus, IRL the draft has lessened in importance as academies have come on line and begun churning out players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived