Insanely high potential player

MrNumNums

I don't know if this belongs in this forum, but I need help. I recently acquired a regen with 197 PA. It's a 17 year old Colombian midfielder. I honestly don't know what to do, since he's got good physicals already and has 15 dribbling, 15 first touch, 12 finishing. I was wondering whether I can train him to become a forward (currently not within his positions). What would you guys do with him?

Could you upload some screenshots? Like his attributes, his positions and i guess you checked his PA with genie scout? If yes, could you also upload a screenshot with his potential attributes?
In order to train him as a striker, there are more attributes that need to be taken into account besides finishing, dribbling and first touch.

Here, I decided to buy the ingame editor solely to check player's PA once I bought them (to see if I got it right), because scouting doesnt' tell you everything from youngster in lesser known leagues/clubs. His Off the ball needs work, but composure and finish are very good, specially for a 17 year old, and I feel like if he can grow to have good attacking stats, it'd be a waste to leave him as a midfielder.

screenshot.png

He will make a great Poacher/Complete Forward but an even greater Advanced Playmaker.
He lacks a little bit on Heading, Long Shots, Off The Ball, Jumping Reach but it's not that bad so to stop you from training him as a striker.
With a 197 PA, i guess the following attributes will reach at least:
Dribbling:19-20   Finishing:16-17   First Touch:19-20  Technique:18-19
Heading:9-10   Long Shots:13-14
Composure:16-17  Off The Ball:13-14
Acceleration:20   Agility:19   Pace:17-18
Balance:14-15   Jumping Reach:13-14   Strength:14-15

Further attributes to consider for the Complete Forward role:
Passing:17
Anticipation:14-15   Composure:16-17   Concentration:14-15   Decisions:19
Teamwork:12-13   Vision:19-20   Work Rate:14-15

So, if i were to make an estimation about this regen's potential rating for the striker role (let's say Poacher), i would give him an 85%-90%. If i were to do the same for the Advanced Playmaker role, i would give him a 90%.
For example, Messi is 95%-99% proficient at his role.

These are just my estimates. I give myself 90% chances i got them right.
Don't forget to tutor him so to increase his Determination and decrease his Controversy.
And train him to stop "Tries Long Range Passes" cause this ppm isn't even suitable for Advanced Playmakers (99% of cases).

Good luck with your super-duper-wow regen.
The choice is yours :).

EDIT1: Btw, what's up with that orange/red-eyed reptilian new world order $h1t? :lol:
EDIT2: You could also use genie scout (it's free), which is more of a scouting tool with lots of ratings&info (even a potential attribute estimate).

7 hours ago, MrNumNums said:

Here, I decided to buy the ingame editor solely to check player's PA once I bought them (to see if I got it right), because scouting doesnt' tell you everything from youngster in lesser known leagues/clubs. His Off the ball needs work, but composure and finish are very good, specially for a 17 year old, and I feel like if he can grow to have good attacking stats, it'd be a waste to leave him as a midfielder.

screenshot.png

What skin is that

28 minutes ago, MrNumNums said:

I know, I'm looking for a cleaner one, care to recommend one?

K._Fortounis-_Attributes_edited.png
Download any skin you like.
1. Check if that skin has a button over there.
2. If it has a button and you click it, it's gonna open that small window and you will be able to change to whatever image you like, but, in order to add your desired images, you have to do the following:
-Use Football Manager Resource Archiver (it's free via Steam) and extract the files from the skin you desire.
-Locate the files. They are usually here: C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\'skin name here'\graphics\backgrounds
-In the folder "background" it will usually have one-or more-images named "1","2" etc. Replace them with an image you like (make sure the dimensions are right).
-Done
-Don't forget to backup the specific skin folder you are about to edit, in case you make a mistake.
3. You may also want to change the skin's player profile attributes. Go to FM->Preferences->Interface->Skin Colours->Done.

Archived