Does wide Advanced Playmaker affect team play?

I'm playing a with a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with 2 wide attacking midfielders and have a question about one of the wide attackers. If I switch the left IF to play as an Advanced Playermaker, will this mean the team will try get the ball to him more often and the play would be mostly on the left, or does this just give him more instructions, freedom etc.? Would this affect in any way how my team plays?

Yes the team will try and get the ball to him and play will generally show that. Your heat map and key pass combos will also reflect that. Naturally the ball needs to get to him first :-)

I'd imagine he'd also be more likely to look for the assist as he cuts in than an IF who'll be looking for a shot just as much as a pass.

I can't say for FM17, but back in 15, the AP(s) in an AM R/L slot used to drop and defend a lot deeper than an IF did. Though in more recent releases it's been easier to get the IF to defend  a bit deeper anyway.

Thanks for your replies guys! :) 

I have one guy in my team who I would want to make an AP in that positon. But thinking if he's injured or not playing, if I change the person to who's in that position to an IF, will it afffect much also? Pretty much, I have Counthino I want to play as the AP but when he's not playing I will want whoevers in his position to be an IF... would that mess up my tactics or anything?

I have widely used two. AP(S) will usually be in the middle of field like a CM(left) and will make passes from there. AP(A) will also start from middle but will run with ball into defenders before making a pass. make sure your have free outlets apart from a runner for this to work.

IF(S) will find him behind the opp full back and will look to run and cross, shoot pass whatever he likes.

Unlike AP. inside forward will struggle when playing against two banks for 4 because he will hardly be able to recieve the ball. but then with AP you will loose a goalscoring threat

I have noticed they play extremely narrow when in possession, even without sits narrower ticked. More so than the IF in my opinion. Works quite nicely if you have good roles and duties around him. Not the question you asked, but I thought it was worth a mention. 

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I have used it so successfully with a 4141 and 41221, it felt like a cheat tbh, combine it with a IWB and its almost unbeatable with the right set of players

Out of curiosity in the 4-1-2-2-1 where did the AP play, trying to implement one in my AMR slot. but seems a little lack luster. 

Archived