FFP English Premiership

My team is due to fail the FFP on the yearly wage expenditure in the Premiership and will face a fine or a 5 point deduction the following season.

The allowed FFP is £131M and I am projected to spend £144M - my wage budget is £147M and I am currently spending £138M so am well in the wage budget limit.

When I took over the club there were some players I needed to buy and some players who were signed by the previous manager on high wages who are no good. I have tried to get rid of them in 2 transder windows but am failing miserably as no-one wants them.

When I noticed the FFP was high I did some research on this site and other forum users suggested that the FFP will vary and the allowed FFP could change - I am now 6months into the season and no change has happened - apart from selling these players on high wages -  is there another way I can attempt to change the allowed FFP - is it to do with the clubs turnover or something like that?

If you fail the wage FFP then you should just get a fine, its failing the other bits that will result in a points deduction (or you not being entered into europe).

The wage limit should be linked to your clubs turnover (or increase in turnover - the full rules should be listed in the rules tab of the league screen or on the FFP page on the finance screen), from what I remember from previous versions the FFP calculation is updated towards the end of the season, so at the end of the season you might find everything is okay after you have been awarded your prize money.

The FFP predictions vary wildly, I've submitted a bug report because on one date in May it predicted me to be failing FFP as i was going to be paying out DOUBLE My wage budget, then 2 days later, i was predicted to pass FFP.  You will only get a fine i think if its just the wage rise bit you fail, but im not 100% on that. 

If i were you, I'd just play it by ear, and not worry too much about it, as it will probably change again in a few days! 

As Arsenal manager, I'm usually in the "red" with wages (FFP) all season, but come the end of the season, I pass easily. There is something odd about the game and the way it's projected earnings, wages and FFP compliance - at least it's very confusing the way it is now. I don't know how I am supposed to deal with the "red" FFP warning. But as I said, I pass FFP at the end of the season each and every season. I'm sticking to my board's wage and transfer limits, of course.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/03/2017 at 20:04, rinso said:

The FFP predictions vary wildly, I've submitted a bug report because on one date in May it predicted me to be failing FFP as i was going to be paying out DOUBLE My wage budget, then 2 days later, i was predicted to pass FFP.  You will only get a fine i think if its just the wage rise bit you fail, but im not 100% on that. 

If i were you, I'd just play it by ear, and not worry too much about it, as it will probably change again in a few days! 

I've been noticing this a lot this season. I've been playing as Preston and my wage budget % increase has drastically lagged behind the success I've been having (thus player wages are increasing a lot but I cant pay them). This season I've gone over mainly to bring in a couple big players and pay my players the wages they expect so they don't run off to Man City etc.

One day it says I'll fail by £5m the next its £1.9m then its £2.5m then its £4.5m...

It wildly changes and this is not the only FM this has happened. IIRC the FFP was in FM 2016 and it also wildly changed from day to day and week to week. I just wish it wouldn't. I know its 'projected' so it isn't set in stone, but is SI telling me that my accountants are sitting there every day changing their mind from yesterday, then changing it again the next day?

Edit - Really It seems less of a bug and just badly done by design.

I've got a bug report in at the moment because my wages FFP is beyond me. I've lost £1m in wage allowance after a successful season and I'm fuming.

On topic, one thing I've noticed in the wild fluctuation is I think contract bonuses have an effect. To explain - Sturridge has huge goal bonuses in his starting contract at Liverpool. I don't really play him but threw him in for a game and he bagged two goals. After the match my wages FFP projection had increased by £10m! He gets 40k per goal and I think the game then projects he'll do this every week all year and changes your FFP figures. It's broken for sure though, just check the bugs forum (or don't if you don't want to immediately lose confidence in the game).

FMT does not have FFP so that's your option if you want a game with fewer financial restrictions & as Article 50 has been triggered to start the process of the UK's exiting from the EU there's no longer a reason for it to be optional in future versions.

Archived