[FM17] UEFA Revival 3.3 (Now Featuring the AFC Competitions) *Fixes Inside* 15/07/2017

11 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Does the coefficient system work with this so nations can gain/lose European places?

The coefficient system isn't working right now, but I'm working on getting it fixed for the next update.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carlito85 said:

The coefficient system isn't working right now, but I'm working on getting it fixed for the next update.

So it's possible? Sweet!

Looking forward to the next update then! Can't really play FM at the moment anyways (my laptop sucks :P), so I'm fine with waiting for it :)

4 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

So it's possible? Sweet!

Looking forward to the next update then! Can't really play FM at the moment anyways (my laptop sucks :P), so I'm fine with waiting for it :)

Lol yeah I'm having problems with mine right now as well. Bad times!

As far as I'm aware it should be possible to get the coefficients up and running with custom files. If it turns out to not be possible though, it may have to be something that is addressed in the next game.

3.2 update is now available for download. I wasn't able to get the coefficients working unfortunately but everything else is pretty much final at this point.

I've now provided the graphics to go with these competitions in the download link with credit given where due.

Enjoy.

56 minutes ago, goblinshark said:

Hi I'm interested in the AFC cup. Currently for the AFC champions league, once you are out from group stage there's nothing left. Maybe edit it so that they can drop to the AFC cup when they are knockout, such as the UEFA format

Yea I was thinking of porting either the UEFA Cup or Europa League format over to the AFC version, then adding the Super Cup back.

Hello Carlito85 This Is Me
I Was In Talk With DesertWolf 1205 About Champions League And Europa League And Intertoto Cup Real Fixtures And All Rounds Byway 
11 Winners Going To UEFA Cup
The Winner Of UEFA Cup Going To Champions League Group Stage
So Carlito85 Can You Make Real Fixtures About UEFA Cup Europa League Champions League And Intertoto Cup So Byway

Can You Remove Second Group Stage For Champions League And Add First Knockout Round

And Can You Put Third Rounds For Intertoto Cup And 11 Winners Going To UEFA Cup

4 hours ago, LazgoNNO2000 said:

Hello Carlito85 This Is Me
I Was In Talk With DesertWolf 1205 About Champions League And Europa League And Intertoto Cup Real Fixtures And All Rounds Byway 
11 Winners Going To UEFA Cup
The Winner Of UEFA Cup Going To Champions League Group Stage
So Carlito85 Can You Make Real Fixtures About UEFA Cup Europa League Champions League And Intertoto Cup So Byway

Can You Remove Second Group Stage For Champions League And Add First Knockout Round

And Can You Put Third Rounds For Intertoto Cup And 11 Winners Going To UEFA Cup

Adding 11 Intertoto winners was something I originally wanted to do but it caused problems with the UEFA Cup/Europa League so I went with 1 and prefer it that way now. I'll add an extra file with the 2nd group stage removed in Champions League further down the line, along with the possibility of competition winners automatically going into Champions League the following season. Other than that, everything else is final.

5 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Adding 11 Intertoto winners was something I originally wanted to do but it caused problems with the UEFA Cup/Europa League so I went with 1 and prefer it that way now. I'll add an extra file with the 2nd group stage removed in Champions League further down the line, along with the possibility of competition winners automatically going into Champions League the following season. Other than that, everything else is final.

So Where The Release Date Of 3.3 Version Is Fourth Week Of July Right

4 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

I've just released 3.2. Not sure when a version 3.3 will be coming along.

So Can You Make Portuguese Divisions
Here Is

Primeira Liga
20 Clubs

3 Clubs To Be Relegated

Ledmen LigaPro
24 Clubs

2 Groups 
Zona Norte
Zona Sul
10 Teams To Promotion Stage
18 Teams To Relegation Stage
2 Teams To Be Promoted
1 Team By Win The Play-Off
4 Teams To Do A Play-Off

CNS
Still The Same
And All Divisions Can You Do This For Me 
PLEASE

7 hours ago, goblinshark said:

And also for AFC, the competition teams are group by region. So u have to get through a certain stage before facing off with teams in another region

I'll take that into account. I was thinking of just running with the UEFA Cup format but I can make sure to add that as one of the rules if you'd all prefer it that way.

9 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

I'll take that into account. I was thinking of just running with the UEFA Cup format but I can make sure to add that as one of the rules if you'd all prefer it that way.

nono. I was hoping u remove that 'region' rules to make it more diverse and exciting

38 minutes ago, goblinshark said:

nono. I was hoping u remove that 'region' rules to make it more diverse and exciting

Oh, ok. Yea, no worries I can do that.

I was actually beginning to think to myself that I'm not sure how I'd be able to incorporate the region thing in any of the stages anyway, due to the amount of teams per nation being uneven.

3 hours ago, goblinshark said:

Any estimation on the release. Holding off to start a new game

I'll try and get this out tomorrow night, if not it'll be some time on Saturday. It's just a case of doing a copy/paste then adjusting dates and testing.

14 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Version 3.3 now added. Enjoy.

I found some errors. For eg teams being in both afc cup and champions league, teams wining a stage but not being included in next stage.

Losing teams in champion leagues qualifiers, group stages doesn't participate in the Afc cup either

20170715190525_1.jpg

20170715190535_1.jpg

10 hours ago, goblinshark said:

I found some errors. For eg teams being in both afc cup and champions league, teams wining a stage but not being included in next stage.

20170715190525_1.jpg

20170715190535_1.jpg

I'll have a look into this. Cheers for the heads up.

EDIT: Found the problem. I overlooked the name of the round that I'd set in the fate for the second qual. round in the AFC Cup.

3 hours ago, goblinshark said:

Do team qualify base on league position, or winner of domestic cup as well

For the AFC competitions they qualify based on league position, yeah. For all of the UEFA ones it's league position as well, with the exception of the Cup Winners' Cup (domestic cup).

1 hour ago, goblinshark said:

So I just remove the last one?

25 Apr?

20170720012609_1.jpg

I would keep the first and last dates and just remove one in between such as the 11th. That way you don't have to readjust the round start/end dates.

12 hours ago, goblinshark said:

How do I add a nation without screwing things up. This nation is the lowest reputation out of all

You can't because of how the seeding is set up. You'd have to either replace a nation, or add one and reconfigure the whole seeding structure.

5 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Hi @Carlito85 did you ever fix the N Ireland issue (or the Dutch one) ? I've had about 4 months away from FM so completely unaware of any success you've had with this. 

Hey, long time no speak. The Dutch league thankfully runs without any issues (that's always a nation I like to have running), however I never found a Northern Ireland file to run and I just left the nation unchecked with a new save.

7 hours ago, hoangtan1998 said:

Is there any way that I can get Intertoto with the winners qualifying for Europa League and Winners Cup, not tampering Europa League & Champions League rules and co-efficient table displaying?

You'd have to play around with the fates in the Intertoto Cup final, and you'd then have to reconfigure the Cup Winners' Cup seeding so that only 31 teams are called from winning their own domestic cup, and leave one space for Intertoto winner.

I wasn't able to get the co-efficients working unfortunately unless I changed the competitions to Override Rules In Code. This caused a ton of problems and errors though. Hopefully for FM18 they add the co-efficients for Edited Rules.

4 hours ago, ronblalai said:

HELLO

can you add to the patch with 2 europa league groupe stages + cup winners cup

opition to Cup holder winners cup go to CL GS?

I'll be adding cup winners to the Champions League Group Stage further down the line, as well as options for 1 group stage in the Champions League.

On 23/07/2017 at 16:21, Carlito85 said:

Hey, long time no speak. The Dutch league thankfully runs without any issues (that's always a nation I like to have running), however I never found a Northern Ireland file to run and I just left the nation unchecked with a new save.

Do you think the problems with the N Ireland league are hard coded? I was unable to get this country working for FM's 16 or 17. Or is it a case that to get it working means a whole re-working of your file?

1 hour ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Do you think the problems with the N Ireland league are hard coded? I was unable to get this country working for FM's 16 or 17. Or is it a case that to get it working means a whole re-working of your file?

Actually I've just started a new save using the following file and it seems to have fixed the issue! It's just a clash of fixtures I think that was causing the problem. As long as the playoffs end before June 10 I think everything should be fine.

I'm gonna double check this by simming through a separate file to make sure the playoffs and everything are in order, and are actually played so I'll keep you posted.

On 7/25/2017 at 18:49, Carlito85 said:

I wasn't able to get the co-efficients working unfortunately unless I changed the competitions to Override Rules In Code. This caused a ton of problems and errors though. Hopefully for FM18 they add the co-efficients for Edited Rules.

I managed to change everything with working coefficients so maybe i can help. Problem is this: only CL and EL are linked to coefficients so teams in CWC and IC will not be ranked.

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I managed to change everything with working coefficients so maybe i can help. Problem is this: only CL and EL are linked to coefficients so teams in CWC and IC will not be ranked.

Oh nice! So format and everything are unaffected? It doesn't matter about IC or CWC so much as long as the main 2 competitions work. Intertoto is just a one-way path to Europa/UEFA Cup and features all nations anyway.

Any idea why it won't work with CWC?

Just now, Carlito85 said:

Oh nice! So format and everything are unaffected? It doesn't matter about IC or CWC so much as long as the main 2 competitions work. Intertoto is just a one-way path to Europa/UEFA Cup anyway.

Any idea why it won't work with CWC?

Because SI linked only 2 competitions with coefficients. I tried but no luck. You can change format of CL and EL and everything works -or i think it works :D

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Because SI linked only 2 competitions with coefficients. I tried but no luck. You can change format of CL and EL and everything works -or i think it works :D

Ah ok, no worries. So for example, the format I'm using for the Champions League and Europa League competitions will be compatible with the coefficients? If so that's brilliant.

Format is not problem- qualification places panel is problem-if you change format it will show wrong data. Also im not sure what will be on domestic top division rules panel. Probably data from qualification places panel and thats second problem then.

For example-in rules panel you will read this "3rd placed qualify for europa league" but you will qualify for some other cup or wrong stage. Not sure about this.

10 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Format is not problem- qualification places panel is problem-if you change format it will show wrong data. Also im not sure what will be on domestic top division rules panel. Probably data from qualification places panel and thats second problem then.

For example-in rules panel you will read this "3rd placed qualify for europa league" but you will qualify for some other cup or wrong stage. Not sure about this.

Oh right, so I imagine I'd have to set my qualification process up like the real nation coefficients then. For example Germany, Spain and England get 4 CL spots and Italy get 3, and so on?

You dont have to do like this and coefficients will work whatever you set (i will explain how points are calculated) but if you change number of spots for top countries and everything else, your system will be different and qualification places panel will shows wrong data. Less experienced players can be confused by this.

For example-i just tested this on my project. I deleted all coefficients and its shows 1 CL group stage, 1 best placed CL, 3 europa league for croatia because its on 11tzh place now(sorted from A-Z).

continental qualification information on domestic top division rules page are wrong and qualification places panel is wrong also.

1 possible solution is to make picture with new qualification places for your system and players can take a look at that picture instead of qualification places panel in game. Not ideal but can work and help 100%

Maybe you can add that picture to qualification panel instead of default. We can ask someone on graphics forum :D

35 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You dont have to do like this and coefficients will work whatever you set (i will explain how points are calculated) but if you change number of spots for top countries and everything else, your system will be different and qualification places panel will shows wrong data. Less experienced players can be confused by this.

For example-i just tested this on my project. I deleted all coefficients and its shows 1 CL group stage, 1 best placed CL, 3 europa league for croatia because its on 11tzh place now(sorted from A-Z).

continental qualification information on domestic top division rules page are wrong and qualification places panel is wrong also.

1 possible solution is to make picture with new qualification places for your system and players can take a look at that picture instead of qualification places panel in game. Not ideal but can work and help 100%

Maybe you can add that picture to qualification panel instead of default. We can ask someone on graphics forum :D

Ok, I think I'm on track now lol. It'll run as it should in terms of format and teams called in from each nation, however the rules will state otherwise on paper. I'd be ok with that as long as everything works as intended.

It works as a temporary solution until (hopefully) they fix coefficients to work with Edited Rules in 2018.

9 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Ok, I think I'm on track now lol. It'll run as it should in terms of format and teams called in from each nation, however the rules will state otherwise on paper. I'd be ok with that as long as everything works as intended.

It works as a temporary solution until (hopefully) they fix coefficients to work with Edited Rules in 2018.

Only rules on domestic comps will be wrong-rules for CL and EL will be correct on rules page.

I dont think they will fix that because qualification system for europe is hardcoded. We need access to that if we want to change everything.

Im trying now to link CWC to coefficients-some workaround.

On 26/07/2017 at 21:42, Carlito85 said:

Actually I've just started a new save using the following file and it seems to have fixed the issue! It's just a clash of fixtures I think that was causing the problem. As long as the playoffs end before June 10 I think everything should be fine.

I'm gonna double check this by simming through a separate file to make sure the playoffs and everything are in order, and are actually played so I'll keep you posted.

A big 👍 if you manage to fix Northern Ireland league 

9 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

A big 👍 if you manage to fix Northern Ireland league 

Tested up to August 2022 and it's worked fine every single year. I'd recommend downloading that file by Radz and running with it bud.

Archived