R.W.S Bruxelles

argento

We couldn't overcome the first leg defeat and after conceding in the 3rd minute was an uphill battle, we levelled almost immediately but couldn't get the ball in the back of the net again we definitely missed Gonzalez.  PSG smashed Man United 5-0 on aggregate and will go for 4 in a row against Arsenal at Old Trafford

5KDqwc.png

Champions again but it was a hell of a lot closer than I wanted it to be, when we beat Genk 2-0 I thought we had the title sewn up with a 4 point gap only to labour to a draw with Gent.  Meant it went down to a Brussels derby for any final day drama. It was definitely very satisfying beating them to win the title and to do it in style with a big 4-0 win.  We were boosted by a few own goal admittedly but with Banza-Lusamba scoring the 4th against his old club (and in my head celebrating wildly to wind up the away fans)

AIsqHD.png

6YsXRR.png

Onto the next season now, we lost one of our Champions League group slots so Genk will have to qualify this year.  Quite a few players are being courted but I have already tied Gonzalez down on a new 4 year deal which will take him up to mid thirties, Banza-Lasambu has agreed to stay on another year (based on us qualifying for Champions League, which is straight forward).  Dendoncker still hasn't agreed to a new deal yet he has dropped his wage demands down to £82,000 a week but it is still a bit too much so I'll give it till early June and try again.  Bexfield, Baggerman and El Sayed are who the big guns are after so it I will be hard pushed to hold onto all of them

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ggJicO.png

So we go out to the eventual winners and it won't be 4 in a row for PSG, good to see White Star alumni Rolon Martinez scoring, he was a one season wonder for us but I remember him fondly.  We also got another £1.3M off a clause off a transfer from 9 years ago, had forgot all about this.

5 players in first 11 and a few more on the bench.  After being named on the bench I offered Dendoncker a new one year deal and convinced him to half his wages to £50,000 a week although his agent did insist on a contract extension if he plays 20 games so I will need to keep on eye on that season to see if it will be worthwhile

9IVUpA.png

Gonazalez not fans player of the year for the first time in a fair few years, Radosavljevic has been an assist machine as an attacking full back and is one of the best full backs in the world right now.  He nearly played for Belgium but after being overlooked eventually settled on his native Serbia.

gZjkny.png

Gauthier was the first player from academy to break into the first team squad and this guy from this years intake looks to be the next, a little short for a centre back so thinking I might retrain as a DMC.  Any thoughts guys?

VW4VoV.png

Summer transfer window

8vIIZu.png

Only kid i signed was another South African youngster, he has gone out on loan straight away and rather than sign any new players I decide to promote within.  With Christensen and Dendoncker both signed on for this season I decided to let Valencia, Pelletier and Stromberg out on loan, Stromberg has huge potential and has gone out on loan to Villarreal, he's already 21 so I will need to bring him into the fold soon or sell him on.

Diego Sganzerla has never actually played for us I sent him back to Boca on loan as part of the deal that brought him here, they took him for another one before having loan spells with Genk and spent last season with Juventus, Boca got 50% of the profit on the fee but still a healthy profit on a player who never played for us.

Salvador Gonzalo was signed from Levante many years ago to be the future number 1 for us but then Baggerman was signed from Feyenoord.  He spent half a season with us before going onto loan spells with Galatasaray, Monaco, Napoli, Real Madrid and Porto.  His loan spells netted us £10M which nearly paid off his £14.5M fee and this transfer definitely pays it all off.  The league games and International cap clauses should be hit so that will be another £18.25M in the bank

66jpaI.png

With Van Stappershoef departing to Lyon in search of regular football and back to just one recognised left back in the first team I decided to promote from within so this is the 3rd youth talent from the academy after Gauthier and N'Diaye who I showed you guys in the last post.  This guy spent last season on loan in the third tier with Tubize and should be able to step in if and when required

zSbkcu.png

In other news Genk got past Galatasaray and then IFK Goteborg so we still have 2 teams in the group stage.

On 18-4-2017 at 22:08, ManUtd1 said:

Willy De Witte is one of my favorite regen names in ages...assuming the "e" in "Witte" is pronounced (as it is for an old friend and former teammate of mine).  

Yes the "e" is pronounced. It means "The white one"

Deadline day drama

6TnTR9.png

Gutted to lose one of our home grown talents but he has been angling for a move for a while, I was in the process of offering him a new bumper deal to extend his stay with us but his agent insisted on a £33.5M release fee so I pulled out and he demanded a transfer I offered him out for £80M and when Arsenal offered this I decided to let him go.  He has been a fantastic player for us and I am sad to see him go but at least we wont lose him for nothing.  You can see just how good he has been from below, grabbing loads of assists and look at that average rating. 

WuQwmv.png]

I signed Shane Farrell for £16.5M 18 months ago from Nottingham Forest and I loaned him back to them till the end of the season, he then joined Norwich City on loan last year for the season netting us £2.5M in the process.  I nearly let him go back out on loan but I decided against it and I am glad now as he will be needed, Egyptian CB El Sayed can also play RB and Christensen has played there on odd occasion.  

Farrell is still young and seems very well rounded and has already won a fair few caps for Ireland.

5JXKkU.png

WKGcXi.png

Not the worst draw we could of had but all of the other sides in our group are capable of pulling an upset over us so we will still have to be at our best to ensure qualification.

We Won the Belgian Super Cup but I forgot to take a screenshot.  

i5SJbL.png

International duty is killing me with injuries.  Only just got Christensen back.  Speaking of whom after a very distinguished career and a heap of caps has retired from international duty, it has been quite a career as he Captained the side to the World Cup in 2026 eclipsing the success of the 1992 side.  I figured it was a strange time to retire unless they hadn't qualified and they hadn't so the reigning champions wont have the option to defend their trophy.

4w3j44.png

Denmark finished 2nd in their groups but there wasn't any play offs which I found was strange, I looked into it and it seems only the best 3 2nd placed teams qualify for the World Cup so England miss out as well.  Spain host the World Cup just 2 years after having the the Euros which seems incredibly strange.  Here is the World Cup qualifiers for Spain 30

vy32Ps.png

y31g7n.png

End Of year Update, 2029

Jupiler League

We started off in defeat which wasn't ideal but I hoped it would be the start of an interesting season and after they opened a 4 point lead on me after only 3 games I reeled them in and open up a decent gap.  Anderlecht had a shocking start but are starting to recover and should still quality in the top 6 and Standard Liege back after a one season exile wont be facing the drop and apart from getting pumped 8-0 by us haven't fared too badly.

kAh2Rf.png

ECpY2P.png

Croky Cup

StWBzl.png

Played mostly a second string side in the cup but I did still give Gonzalez a start as we were playing Genk and he carried us into the semi finals.  Should be straight forward since Eupen are rock bottom of the league.  A final place would await against Lierse or Club Brugge

AcSFe0.png

Champions League

wfZzxu.png

I was a little bit worried about this group as there was a few potential banana skins but with 5 wins out of 6 we were able to navigate out of it as group winners.  Was a little disappointed to lose at home but at least we go into the draw seeded.  Genk managed to topple Benfica and for the first time in the game qualify to the last 16 and a big tie against Real Madrid.  Happy with our draw we should overcome Ajax.  Monaco v Chelsea, PSG v Barcelona and Bayern v Atletico are some interesting ties and could take some big names out early

stVGfQ.png

The injuries keep on coming....

U2dooN.png

Mhmtjt.png

He definitely deserved this.  Thought he deserved it last year when he won golden boot at the Euros to but at least it is another achievement he can chalk off, he has been with us for 10 years now with 2 of them being on loan and here's hoping a few more still to come.

Couple of youngsters snapped up

N9pkHu.png

Grabbed on a freebie may well stick around to be on the fringes of our first team or I might let him go out on loan for the rest of the season.  My 2nd Ecuadorian youngster on the books now.

diTioD.png

An African player not from South Africa, cost around £650,000 as after his agent offered him to us our scouts thought he had immense potential.  Worst case scenario he spends a few years out on loan and sold on for a bit of profit.

Things were going so well, but then disaster struck

dA5gch.png

5vJoxi.png

To lose one CM is bad enough to lose two in the same window is a disaster.  I lost over £22M of the cash due to sell on fees but we still made a lot of money.  But both these players are very young and planned to be main stays of the team, I tried to convince both to stay Ates was having none of it and Skornyakov did entertain the idea but turned down £180,000 a week to join Bayern.  

I now need at least one CM and one who has ideally not played in Europe this season so he can play in the latter stages of the Champions League.  Pienaar has been in the reserves last few weeks after a row with me I am going to have to restate him in the line up alongside an equally unhappy Bolt.  Morale is at a all time low

Managed to get one player in the middle of the park and it was a record fee as I spent £51M on him and grabbed him on a 4.5 year deal

3gTV5r.png

Vega is a classy operator, I tried to sign him ages ago when he left Banfield in 2025 when he chose Everton over me for £8M when he chose them for me, he won the Europa League with them back in 2027 so he has played a fair bit of European football.  He has been registered by us for the latter stages of the Champions League and I am glad to have signed a world class player.

658_zpsl30p7i64.png

We finished the regular season well clear of the chasing pack losing just once on the opening day of the season to Genk.  Gonzalez leading the way in goals but no one really settled as his partner yet.  Young Japanese striker Kano had a great start with us netting 5 times in 2 games but has struggled since, Konate has done okay and Bexfield is probably the best of the chasing pack to star alongside Gonzalez we have had a fair few injuries this year but we have so far coped, we see our lead cut to 5 points for the Championship round.

652_zps6wiaykqb.png

653_zps1ry8gseb.png

Croky Cup

649_zps9rimxkyh.png

648_zpsymy6jwqg.png

Champions League

650_zps4rrr44h4.png

Confident performances in both legs see us through to the quarter finals without much trouble. All good sides left in at this stage now, Atletico would of been my pick if I could of chosen.  Played City a few times now and we have knocked each other out before, hopefully we will have the edge this time

651_zpstd28pzxd.png

654_zpsqb9lmoso.png

Another Croky Cup secured although I did need to bring a few of the big dogs on for the 2nd half to seal it

655_zpsujliuuhr.png

Thankfully a big home win was enough to see us through.  So we make the final four again, the biggest shock was PSG not making it through.  They have been in the final the last 4 years in a row.  I meet Mourinho for the first time in my career, surprised we haven't played United before now.  Here's hoping we have a better result in Manchester this time

657_zps6evdg1vx.png

End of Season Update

Apart from a loss to Club Brugge away from home we cruised through the Championsip round with relative ease and we got revenge on them with a 6-1 demolition although the title had already been decided.

668_zpseyqguesc.png

667_zpsuw8uqihk.png

Mourinho's boys outclassed us over 2 legs, when we went 2-0 up at half time I thought one more and we are in but we got destroyed in the second half in a shocking display.  We lost a few big names this season and lost 2 key CM's in January which didn't help.  We will the Champions League at somepoint!

659_zpsgzapflzh.png

You're starting to look like Arsenal and the dreaded curse of the Round of 16, except you peak at semi-finals instead. Other than that year you got smashed by PSG in the final.

I'm a little surprised you managed to make the semi-finals actually, with the sheer amount of talent leaving the club and you being weirdly quiet on new signings. Is it becoming harder and harder to find players that can improve your side?

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

You're starting to look like Arsenal and the dreaded curse of the Round of 16, except you peak at semi-finals instead. Other than that year you got smashed by PSG in the final.

I'm a little surprised you managed to make the semi-finals actually, with the sheer amount of talent leaving the club and you being weirdly quiet on new signings. Is it becoming harder and harder to find players that can improve your side?

It seems the clubs reputation has peaked as I can't seem to attract the same calibre of players and the players my scouts are finding we are getting beaten to the punch.

This season belongs to Irish superstar Shane Farrell who had a fantastic debut season with us

662_zpsaoehoynm.png

Our first academy player to really make it

Nearly all WS players in the team of the year

Gonzalez takes the Euro Golden Boot after a fantastic season

Plenty of our mob going to the World Cup

The best of all news, new stadium has finally been approved at the 3rd time of asking

World Cup

Argentina win their 3rd world cup beating Konate's Portugal in the final, England failed to qualify for the tournament and Spain the hosts had an abysmal tournament failing to get out the group and Belgium also bottled it as well

Summer Transfer Window 2030/2031

The list of departures looks really long but a lot of loans out of some of our younger talent only a few big names left.  Marcel Bolt only had a year left on his deal and refused a new deal so he left for PSG, Loppert was a good player but the money represented a good deal.  Big Willie Konate heads out again after his 2nd spell here joining Liverpool, with the emergence of Japanese prospect Kano he was likely to be mainly a back up player so I let him leave.  Freitas signed from San Lorenzo a few years ago but never really made it with us, he is a good player but I just don't have room for him

Of the players brought in, here is some screenshots of the ones who will feature in our first team squad this year

£51M is a lot of money but he is a fantastic young player who has been on loan last 2 seasons in Italy with Juventus and Roma and is more than up for the task, direct replacement for Bolt.

With El Sayed only competent at right back I wanted a proper back up, so this guy comes in from PSG reserves, talented player and a heap of caps already. Could easily be our number 1 full back once Farrell ultimately moves onto bigger and better things

Belgian legend at this point, got him on a 1 year deal after his deal with Man City expired.  Back up at this point of his career but capable of a performance when required.  Will hopefully retire him and other veteran Dendoncker onto the staff end of the season

Spending £53M on any player is risky let alone a 19 year old.  AMC who I am also training to drop deeper as a CM.  Looks a class act already, excited to watch his progress.

Finally the Champions League draw, looks quite straight forward.  Leverkusen are a decent sides but I can't foresee any problems

Had a great run so far in all competitions and despite Nuno Costa's injury we have been pretty much injury free.  In the Cup this year I have dropped a fair few players to bed in some of the younger players with Ox, N'Diaye, Kano, Cubero and Crespo all starting.  

Gonzalez has been incredible so far and has bagged 37 goals in all competitions this season, remarkably he is still only rated as a club icon I really don't know what else he has to do to become a legend. 558 appearances in all competitions with 516 goals.  He is our record appearance and goal scorer and he is in his 11th season with us, I can't see any player taking either record off him.

Genk are trying to keep pace, they have finished in the top 3 every year for the past 15 years.  Anderlecht are starting to finally make a comeback after some lean years, Standard still on a slow recovery from their relegation a few years back.  I have been looking closer to home for future signings to stimulate the domestic economy however nabbing the best talent they have might also be detrimental.

The group shouldn't of troubled us and it didn't, the draw for the knockout round was quite interesting as all the big sides were kept away from each other so the quarter finals should be quite tasty.  Southampton have become a decent side they've had a few top 4 finishes and a Europa League win but I expect a win.

with the transfer window descending upon us, El Sayed has been unhappy a long while now and the Egyptian centre half wanted out.  Was hoping for £20M plus but we still made decent profit on him.  I have a fair few options at CB so wasn't too worried and if it means more game time for academy prospect N'Diaye then I am happy with that

33517175564_d1132b2d20_o_d.png

So I was happy with the balance of the squad but then disaster struck,  The young Mexican CB was on the transfer list at Chelsea after failing to make their first team but just 2 years here and the Premier League came calling as he joined Mourinho's boys for his minimum release.  Looks like I will get y wish for N'Diaye to get more playing time and I still have Andreas Christensen till the end of the year and at 34 who is still good enough for this level.  I hopefully have a CB on his way and it would be quite a coup but the deal probably wouldn't be made till the summer.

34200900452_e917d72154_o_d.png

More money coming in from Man United this takes the total received including add ons for the keeper at over £67M.  Despite this activity we are still in the red for the season.  Our income is so menial we are forced to sell players to keep ourselves afloat.  Hopefully when the new stadium arrives we will nearly double our attendances which will hopefully help us bring in more revenue.  We have also had a fairly big tax bill as we made a huge profit last season as we got raided in January and made a lot of cash.  I guess this season we have the cost of building the new stadium so we shall see.  I might put a cap on the wages to prevent any serious decline in fortunes.

33517175634_20ec5ed03b_o_d.png

Now a few youth prospects have joined

34359938895_2707284eef_o_d.png

£120,000 a decent young centre half, gone on loan to feeder club Antwerp.  Definitely good enough to be a good player in our league, very small outlay so should see some profit on him at least

34359938565_123cd4f8b8_o_d.png

He has been playing in the Egyptian youth set up along our young striker and looked like he had potential and he had a man bun so he made a break from our bald warriors.  Cost £525,000 sent him to our most recent feeder team Eintracht Frankfurt and I can foresee him spending the next 18 months there, they have good facilities and he will play regularly.

34201552702_55679b34a2_o_d.png

Cost just £250,000 and with his high determination I hope he will become a top player, he will be getting tutored by Christensen so I can utilise the veteran before he goes.  Will keep him here so he becomes a fully fledged home grown player for us rather than loan him out.  We have excellent facilities now s that will only help with his progress.

34201553212_2ac8695177_o_d.png

For now I don't play with wingers but he was a bargain at £3.2M and as the squad is ever changing because of the vultures raiding our team I will have to adapt for now he will go out on loan.  We are getting £250k off Porto for him till the end of the season which will help off set his fee.  He started his career at Partizan but moved to Legia Warsaw at just 16 and spent 2 years there which saw him improve a fair bit.  Barcelona and PSG were lurking after him so if they are chasinghim it could well be a sound investment.

I don't predict much more activity this window unless we get raided again

Massive players joining and leaving for astronomical numbers.

Surely it'll have to be your time to win the Champions League now! 

And did I read the part about Christensen and Denmark right. Did they win the World Cup?! 

35 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

What is your current bank balance?

Very healthy at £200M but we have lost £66M this year, 3 years of that and we are in trouble....

20 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Massive players joining and leaving for astronomical numbers.

Surely it'll have to be your time to win the Champions League now! 

And did I read the part about Christensen and Denmark right. Did they win the World Cup?! 

Yeah they did!  Failed to qualify in their bid to defend their crown.

Speaking of Danes I have just signed this youngster, he will spend the next 12 months back at Kobenhavn to hone his craft, could well be the long term successor to Gonzalez

33519040174_802bab93a0_o_d.png

20 for determination so if my scouts are right about his potential could be a great signing.  I met his minimum release of £2.9m and he will be there till end of 2032, hopefully once his 18 month stint is done he will be ready for the first team.  

34361007345_eafb7bfcb8_o_d.png

Elsewhere money coming back in, I signed Thompson years ago and my scouts raved about the young American various loan stints did little to prove them right and I eventually sold him to Dortmund for a bit of profit but I stuck in this sell on clause.  Gutted to be proved wrong., the one that got away it seems

33519040414_d0879a944d_o_d.png

Another feeder club as we keep trying to establish a global brand.  We have Vancouver Whitecaps from the MLS as well as Frankfurt and Antwerp to loan players too.  I want to keep establish links around the world and maybe get some more shirts sold!

That is insane. Did really not expect Denmark to could perform that well. If I may ask, have they gotten some world beater regens or what happened there?

Kim looks solid. Glad you're (soon enough) taking him off the hands of FCK! 

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

That is insane. Did really not expect Denmark to could perform that well. If I may ask, have they gotten some world beater regens or what happened there?

Kim looks solid. Glad you're (soon enough) taking him off the hands of FCK! 

We are now 4.5 years after their win but the squad had no out and out world beaters but a good solid squad.  Andreas Christensen anchored the back four and our old keeper Hennig Larsen is a quality player.  Here is a few screenshots of their best players at the moment.

33552433423_5b066b8de4_o_d.png

34362972475_7c61193970_o_d.png

33520882784_e8bc185f32_o_d.png

33520882634_77e3156e21_o_d.png

I haven't really reported much on academy players in this save and since we have worked hard to improve facilities I am going to start highlighting that talent.  Firstly with who are in the first team, some academy prospects from last few seasons and a few from this years crop

33980613030_aff54e05a2_o_d.png

We have Gauthier who is now both ours and Belgium starting left back and he is starting to attract interest from loads of clubs thankfully we have him tied down till 2035 with no release fee so be he will be here for the foreseeable future unless I get a ridiculous bid.  The best player we have produced and may well produce, an assist machine despite not strong crossing or dribbling, a physical beast.  

33980612750_f686db24ea_o_d.png

Was promoted as I needed back up for Gauthier.  Again very good physical stats and has played well when required.  Mainly deputising only when required but he starts all Croky Cup games when available.  He had been playing for Belgium U'21's but recently switched allegiances to Turkey.

734206725792_84a10386bf_o_d.png

Talented young player who like Ox starts in all Croky Cup games, with El Sayed and Ciseneros gone he has made a few appearances off the bench in the league, have also begun retraining him as a DM as I think he could be a good fit there.

The next few players have come through the last 2 years 

34206725402_c3aca9fda3_o_d.png

Last years top prospect, will be tutored by Gonzalez, has been showing phenomenal signs in training will probably start him in Cup games next season

33980612420_f97417bff7_o_d.png

From last years intake, a solid player who will apparently become a quality player.  I have a few options at AMC already and Vanneste will proabably tutor him.

34206725152_d37d140e89_o_d.png

Another prospect from last season, will probably send him to Antwerp next season for regular football

34234202581_75c2f2ae72_o_d.png

Didn't seem much to him last season when he appeared but I signed all recommended players and he has been showing  great progress in training, will probably send him to Antwerp next season.

34364975005_b04777b6db_o_d.png

Been here a few years now and was runner up for young player of the year last season when he helped Virton get promoted back to the Jupiler League, he joined struggling Oostende this season to see how he does at this level, will probably send him out on loan again next year if a decent club comes in otherwise I will get him tutored by one of our more established players to see whether he has a future with us.  He seems a good player but I don'r want to stunt any Belgian players development so may well let him go to establish himself.

Onto this years crop

33980613560_ea332b7ea2_o_d.png

Good determination and coaches like him, he is their pick of the crop.

33980613320_95338f84f9_o_d.png

Another decent CB from the crop and with 20 for determination we shall see how he does.

34206726692_47e60a1d09_o_d.png

I don't play with wingers but may convert him to a FW or AMC,  Low determination but apparently the potential is there.

In other news a rampant Gonzalez's season is curtailed by injury meaning he will miss the upcoming Champions League games and the end of season run in, the league isn't a concern but the quarter finals could be a challenge!

33980613840_f71167d4d2_o_d.png

We are still awaiting the quarter final draw but a win on the South Coast of England saw us through to the final 8

33980613650_a238bd7dd1_o_d.png

Also the kids will get their chance to shine as we reach the final of the Croky Cup, would of preferred a bigger side in the final but it will be a good day out for them

34206727152_299ab13e8a_o_d.png

March Update

33982478600_1300da0360_o_d.png

We finish the league strongly and lost just once in the regular season to our noisy neighbours Anderlecht.  We have a comfortable 9 point lead over Genk heading into the next round.  I might give N'Diaye and few others some starts as I feel it is a big enough lead to take a few risks.  Speaking of Genk they moved into a new stadium last year over 50,000 so they should hopefully see their finances improve and maybe close the gap a bit to make things interesting and make them more competitive in Europe. They dropped into the Europa League but were knocked out in first knockout round against Atletico Madrid 3-2 on aggregate which is impressive in itself and Anderlecht made the 2nd knockout round before crashing out to Lyon.  Good to see other Belgian sides making progress.

33524877564_d157a37fb5_o_d.png

33982478980_cb840a8cd5_o_d.png

33982478870_84d1a60505_o_d.png

Some big games in the quarters, all the big boys still there.  Strong showing from the English team, we get reigning Champions Chelsea in a tough draw but if we are ever going to win this we will need to beat the best so bring it on.  Potential all English semi finals here.

33524877484_b13fe9d35d_o_d.png

Ox got himself suspended for the final so I drafted in Christensen, I have Gauthier fit but I wanted to keep faith with the players that got us to the final.  There are still regulars in the side like Farrell, Vanneste and Banza.  Dendoncker and Tielemans are in their final months so I gave the veterans a start.

Stormberg conceded a penalty at the end of the first half which Antunes slotted in, he also picked up a knock so I reluctantly drafted in Gauthier with Christensen returning to CB.  Despite having numerous chances the side fell short.  Not too disappointing and I am sure the youngsters will bounce back.

33982478750_d76c3a8ccb_o_d.png

34367815405_2b80905ab7_o_d.png

that did not go to plan.  Nuno Costa getting sent off 6 minutes into the game hardly helped matters, we got an away goal at the end so now it is time to pray for a miracle.  We missed Gonzalez's killer instinct in front of goal

34237166081_14d1737f5e_o_d.png

So close.  Bexfield gave us the perfect start and when Kano made it 2-0 I firmly believed we could pull it off then moments later we lost Farrell. we still dominated the game but just couldn't put them away.  Absolutely gutted.  It is beginning to feel like mission impossible winning this Champions League

34369257185_f368cc6534_o_d.png

N'Diaye and Ox played most of the games in the Championship rounds and despite dropping a few points we picked up the title again with a few games to spare.  Kano and Bexfield deputised well and Kano I feel is the natural successor to Gonzalez.  He has been on the fringes the last two years coming in and out the side but I feel this is his year, he was away for a while at the Asian Nations Cup but came back and began to establish himself, he has quite the International record already with 47 goals in 70 caps at just 21.  Marseille and Southampton are chasing him and it won't be long till the bigger sides begin to turn his head

33558607963_fb52cc34f6_o_d.png

The Champions League went back to England for the 3rd year in a row as Man City were crowned Champions in Russia

33985258320_6f76cd5c4b_o_d.png

I didn't even have to ask this time the board just improving facilities off their own back.  This will also be our last season in this stadium, next June the Argento Arena will be ready!

34369776455_a13b195e08_o_d.png

34220205272_14ec9bcc7a_o_d.png

He has been on the fringes as back up for Gauthier but hasn't had much chance to shine, I have been turning down plenty of loan moves for him but this one seemed like a sensible move.  He will plat regularly in Ligue One so at a decent level and we are getting a bit of income off it as well, hopefully he will return a better player.

I decided to give Andreas Christensen a new one year deal as he done well when called upon, Tielemans and Dendoncker both said they were retiring but then Tielemans backed out and wanted another year.  I decided to let him go as he barely featured last year and his physical stats are nosediving.  Still we thank Belgian legend for his time and Dendoncker  was club Captain for his final game and he has now hung up his boots after a glittering career.  Npw I need a new Captain

33536605224_5931f84fff_o_d.png

Also as of next season we get an extra Champions League spot with 2 in the groups, hopefully the other sides can build off this

33536605524_ffcae6b32b_o_d.png

Summer Transfer Window 2031

34252074461_051d1a63e1_o_d.png

Jorge Salazar is a decent player and was our back up to Farrell and I wanted to keep him but the money they were offering was too good to turn down considering he cost only £6.5M a year ago.  Pelletier was a Belgian centre back I signed from Anderlecht years ago and has spent various loan spells to other Jupiler League clubs and last year in Serie A with Roma, Anderlecht insisted on a 40% sell on and receive another £6.5M which will only help them.  The rest of the players sold were fringe/back ups and a lot of youngster out on loan again

Cubero is a fantastic young player but Arsenal were chucking out silly money they had been hassling me all summer and I finally relented I have decent depth in the middle of the park so I am not too worried. @noikeee bet you wish you had this sell on clause when you were managing them!

34341712616_83757ba715_o_d.png

Don't expect to get all the add ons but the International one is a gimme.

34341712546_d21d7fcb7b_o_d.png

Now who is joining us this season?

34341712466_a192882e7a_o_d.png

Picked up for £9.25M from Juventus, for some reason they were willing to let him go relatively cheaply and with Cubero going on deadline day he will have an even more important role this season.

34252074201_83e6e59f0f_o_d.png

Rogerio joins from Flamengo for £5M. With Matlak and Crespo leaving I needed a new keeper to warm the bench and with Baggerman always in demand I have a ready made replacement.  Worst case scenario we make a profit on him.

34341712316_94049867fe_o_d.png

£1M signing tried to send him to Frankfurt on loan but it fell through for some reason, will try and send him somewhere in January

33572759013_b251db6293_o_d.png

Short term solution, a free transfer.  Needed a back up for Gauthier while Ox continues to develop on loan, will hopefully net some decent profit on this one.

34341712106_09a2f84e81_o_d.png

Another decent prospect and promptly loaned to newest feeder club Willem II, will be keeping an eye on his development

33572758673_77f780cccb_o_d.png

South Africa seem to have a conveyor belt of talent and he was signed for £625,000, we have a few options here and he has gone to Frankfurt to continue his development.  Could be the eventual successor to Farrell.

34341711936_27c651fcd9_o_d.png

An old face rejoins, Samaniego was signed from Genk years ago and then joined Spurs for £37.5M and with his contract expiring I managed to convince him to come back after 5 trophy less years.  I am delighted to have him back and he also counts as home grown after spending his early years in Belgium with Genk and then us.

Elsewhere this summer one of our players made a splash in the U'21 Euros, I spent £53M on him last year and he is going to be a huge player for us  for the future

34223544882_50371acd83_o_d.png

Our first trophy for us and the last one for Cubero in a WS shirt

34251135141_126a09ec24_o_d.png

Should qualify but winning the group might prove difficult as Mourinho battered us twice last time, hopefully we can get some revenge.  Groups E and G look particularly tough

34341712816_873490a014_o_d.png

Mid Season Report

34232265032_c08332248d_o_d.png

Been a great campaign in the league so far, we have just the one loss and due to the other sides all taking points off each other we have been able to build up a huge lead already.  Gonzalez has been in top form again averaging a goal a game in the league and both Bexfield and Kano have upped their game.  Anderlecht have been struggling again and after losing to us in the quarter finals of the Croky Cup they sacked their gaffer which was quite nice for us!  They have began to recover under their interim manager winning twice, Gent continue to struggle while Standard Liege look like they are finally recovering after years of struggling.  2nd place gets an automatic Champions League spot next season, be interesting to see who joins e there.

34349316566_254558fdfa_o_d.png

34232265382_8d291dc6e8_o_d.png

United beat us twice and quite comfortably but we were able to win our other games and qualify with ease.  We went into the knockout round unseeded but thankfully avoided a few of the bigger sides.  I know Real Madrid are a huge side but they haven't performed that well at this stage for a while now  so as long as I avoided the English sides or PSG I was happy.  Some big games there, hopeful of making the last 8.

34232265202_859403260a_o_d.png

34349316746_2787127bff_o_d.png

Our 2nd academy player to have been called up by Belgium, the young defender is featuring a lot more this season and with him having Congolese dual nationality and being a quality defender he has been fast tracked into the first team.

34232265702_8510fbe8e5_o_d.png

I always try and keep old players around and into staff roles, he had no interest in being a coach and I never use a director of football but if it means keeping this legend around then I'll happily keep him around.  Probably just have him doing press conferences which I hate anyway and maybe a few other roles to fill his time.

Now it is time to keep hold of the squad through the transfer window

On 2017-5-1 at 15:18, argento said:

Cubero is a fantastic young player but Arsenal were chucking out silly money they had been hassling me all summer and I finally relented I have decent depth in the middle of the park so I am not too worried. @noikeee bet you wish you had this sell on clause when you were managing them!

34341712616_83757ba715_o_d.png

Mental. Why the hell did you agree to that in the first place???

Good luck kicking the hell out of Real Madrid. The European title for Bruxelles is coming, we just don't know when...

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

Mental. Why the hell did you agree to that in the first place???

Good luck kicking the hell out of Real Madrid. The European title for Bruxelles is coming, we just don't know when...

They insisted and I never expected to sell him for that much cash, I am keeping an eye on Nacional every year now and trying to find the next gem off the conveyor belt.

Also ask and you shall be rewarded, smashed them twice.  Unbelievable scenes at the Bernabeu

33610577594_0ec098c723_o_d.png

34453485365_029f8cd881_o_d.png

Undefeated in 2032 so far and conceding only 5 goals and this is also with Baggerman injured for most of this time.  The results in particular against Real Madrid were a highlight, I was delighted with the home win giving us a four goal lead so I was confident of going through but never did I expect to beat them 8-1 in Spain.  The league has been a walk in the park this season we have a 16 point lead even after the 50% points conversion, we have benefited from the other sides beating each other, Genk have recovered from a rocky start and finish 2nd and closer to that guaranteed group stage spot, Anderlecht fail to qualify again and Gent also struggle as they finish 10th and sacking Shevchenko in the process as well.

34453485495_5a0a240c82_o_d.png

34412067056_2754ba2335_o_d.png

The kids pulled through as we reclaim the Croky Cup after losing in the final last year, was a very even game and I was delighted with the late goal that saw us lift the trophy.

34412066066_a0e4898a58_o_d.png

We are drawn out alongside Monaco for the quarter finals, not the worst draw and we beat them in the semi finals back in 2028 on our way to our first Champions League final.  Hopefully we can get past them again this year.  Atletico pulled off a remarkable comback after losing the first leg against Man City 4-0 by winning the return 5-0. That sees the reigning Champions out.  

34068948280_753a3a3b36_o_d.png

34324036731_4bbfba5a56_o_d.png

What can I say but the run continues with two displays of goal scoring prowess. Two comfortable victories puts us into the last 4 and a rematch with our old foes PSG who have failed ot make the final last 2 years and will want to return to winning ways.  Chelsea won it year before last and Bayern have had a resurgence this year but I would definitely rather face them than Chelsea.  Need to get past PSG first!

33612338504_f7350e77ea_o_d.png

34324036611_ab965a073b_o_d.png

Another feeder club and we will also get players from their youth set up, I have negotiated with all my feeder clubs to get this feature to try and bring different players through our set up.  We have picked up a few feeder clubs now here is the full list

34294817552_b1d90887f3_o_d.png

33645141853_8df86c4329_o_d.png

Could that missed penalty be the difference maker?  Glad to have gotten the win but with just one goal ahead and PSG having three away goals we are going to need to be careful in Paris to make sure we get over the line. Couldn't believe we were 2-0 up after just 5 minutes and was hoping for another big win, when it was 3-0 in the first 20 minutes I thought it was wrapped up but they pulled themselves back into it.  Interestingly enough the other semi final against Bayern Munich and Chelsea ended as 4-3 as well with Bayern taking the lead at home. Both return legs with all to play for.  Lets go WS lets go to Wembley in the final.

34325084761_db9828a44d_o_d.png

The happiest I have ever been to get a 0-0 draw.  I wanted to keep it tight and we managed to hang on, they bombarded our goal but we held firm, Samaniego getting man of the match, a rock at the back.  Signing of the season after rejoining us on a free transfer in the summer.  So we make it to Wembley as we reach our 2nd ever Champions League final, and it is virtually a home match then for Chelsea.  

We have played Chelsea 5 times before, we met them in the quarter finals back in 2022 winning on aggregate 5-3, lost to them in the European Super Cup in 2025 and last year getting smashed in both games losing 6-1 on aggregate in the quarters.  We have one win in five and have lost our last three games against them.

Will it be a 4th Champions League for Chelsea or can the mighty RWS Bruxelles finally win the crown? I have 4 league games before the final.  So will have to wait till tomorrow now.

33645576953_03bc8769b1_o_d.png

8-1 win at the Bernabéu. :lol: It's like a Brazil-Germany moment. Absolute scenes!

I'm confident this is your year, your team looks unstoppable at the moment. Just one more match to go now.

33628800044_c23d4fb208_o_d.png

We absolutely dominated the Championship group winning all ten games it is the first time we have managed to do that, we only dropped 4 points all season.  Genk climbed up to 2nd and guarantee themselves a slot in the group stage of the Champions League and a rejuvenated Club Brugge come in at the third round of qualifying.  Di Matteo who has been the closest I have had to a rival in recent years has left Genk after 4 years of trying his best to dethrone me he has managed to get the Juventus job, it will be interesting to see who they bring in

33628799604_096197f479_o_d.png

Ruthless in front of goal

33628799374_ae82598473_o_d.png

It's time

34431134736_eb7e962889_o_d.png

Normally I play 3 CMs but because Chelsea possess a big attacking threat I have brought Gobbi in who is a natural DMC.  On the bench I have included Christensen who retires at the end of the season, can I give him the dream send off?

34087064310_7085dd8ca7_o_d.png

Maybe we can!  With the stuff that dreams are made of, Gargano plays a brilliant one two with Bexfield and from 12 yards out makes no mistake, first blood to the boys in orange

34430864516_5e95f231c7_o_d.png

Absolute scenes as despite my poor ability to take a screenshot Gargano turns provider as he whips the ball back into the box as he setts up Bexfield for a simple finish and the Nigerian International finishes the job.  2-0!  Gonzalez did take a knock in the build up and looks like he may have to come off but I am leaving him in there for now.

HT 0-2

34087064080_7740a30abe_o_d.png

They've had more possession but they don't know what to do with it!  Both Gauthier and Farrell have picked up bookings so need to be careful, Gonzalez is going to try and shake it off, no changes and more of the same please.  Can we do it?

34430864126_bc977defd4_o_d.png

Chelsea have started brighter and deservedly pull one back, our old player Muriel knocking it down for Argentine left winger Llama who effortlessly knocks it past Baggerman.  2-1 and all to play for with Gonzalez still struggling I bite the bullet and bring on Banza-Lusamba to replace him, sorry Christensen but this isn't a testimonial on the bench you remain.

Don't bottle it boys

to 34087064010_c584f1ee43_o_d.png

Gargano again 3-1!  We break down the right as Bexfield beats his man he delivers a tame low cross into the mixer which Galic attempts to punt clear but he smashes it directly into the incoming Gargano and it cannons off him and past the keeper.  Comedy of errors. Yes, Undeserved probably, do I care? No

With a 2 goal cushion and sentiment on my side I bring on Christensen for Samaniego and he takes the armband off Baggerman to rapturous applause (ok I am imagining this) as the 36 year old looks to add a Champions League medal to go alongside his World Cup winners one.  Also on is Pienaar as the ineffectual Nuno Costa comes off.

Praying this doesn't come back to haunt us!

34430863766_f1d43bc035_o_d.png

Too little too late? Or do we have another Bayern v Man Utd in the Nou Camp situation? With time running out Baggerman increases his eccentricity to 20 and goes walk about 3-2, dig deep boys we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Archived