Inseparable - A golden generation's foray into management

hasdgfas

For those of you who followed my previous thread, you'll remember my ludicrous initial youth intake, containing 4 absolute stars of my future team, in Tom Laskowski, Seidu Mumuni, Jordan Sutton, and Ho Tuan Anh. Even though I wasn't feeling that save anymore, I felt it would be interesting to create them as managers and follow their stories, hopefully with some narrative flair as well.

So here's how this is going to go. I've had bad experiences with multiple managers on one save before(it's a bit too hard for me to follow), but I want some variety so that hopefully it can stay fresh for me. So the main structure of the save is going to be 4 different saves, one for each manager, each starting in a separate country. So the timelines may be a bit weird since the saves will progress at different speeds, and it may be a bit hard to follow, but it should still be fun for me to try to weave a narrative together from different saves and have it make sense :D 

Current Status

Tom Laskowski.

• Managing: None
  • League: Unemployed

Seidu Mumuni.

• Managing: SG Sonnenhof Großaspach.
  • League: 3. Fußball-Liga

Jordan Sutton.

• Managing: Extremadura.
  • League: Segunda Division B4

Ho Tuan Anh.

• Managing: Reggina Calcion.
  • League: Lega Pro Girone C

Tom Laskowski - starts at Blackpool(England)

4bae5d28d5.jpg

His goal is to bring Blackpool back up to where they were just a few short seasons ago, the Premier League. Or, failing that, find a different club who has hit hard times lately and bring them back to where they were through discipline and defending well.

Seidu Mumuni - Starts at SG Sonnenhof Großaspach(Germany)

b62b15c0ed.jpg

A more tactical manager than his defensive buddy Laskowski, he focuses more on tactics and technical mastery overall than just the backline.

Jordan Sutton - Starts at Extremadura(Spain)

ddc8db8091.jpg

He has a bit lower of a starting point, but focuses on Fitness and Technical Mastery over everything else. If you can run and pass, you're probably good enough.

Ho Tuan Anh - Starts at Reggina Calcio(Italy)

398d692495.jpg

As a goalkeeper, he knows goalkeepers. He also spent time when not playing simply researching, so he knows players and youngsters very well, as he just has a very intelligent brain for the sport.

We open on a London Pub. Tom Laskowski, Seidu Mumuni, Jordan Sutton, and Ho Tuan Anh all sitting around chatting.

TL: Boy, our 15 minutes of fame petered out quickly, eh?

SM: Here today, gone tomorrow, I guess. What can we do?

JS: Well, I've always been interested in management.

everyone else sits thinking for a while.

HTA: I've considered it as well.

SM & TL: Same here

JS: Well, you know what we could do? We could make a game of it of sorts. Each of us picks a country and starts managing. We check in after every season to see our progress. Winner gets...

SM: Bragging rights? A car?

HTA: Definitely bragging rights. That's all we fought over on the training ground, right?

TL: Sure, but we also were fighting for money and playing time.

JS: How about a trophy? That's what everyone in the sport cares about, right? We manage for a while, we commission a trophy for the winner, and we see what else happens. Maybe we find the next us?

We lead with Laskowski, just having taken the job at Blackpool.

-----

The squad is...reasonable?

6aa2131a7f.png

The problem is too many strikers and too few defenders. Why do we have 7 strikers? Why do we only have 7 people capable of playing as a defender? No wonder they've fallen to League 2 from the Premier League in just 6 years. A good defensive backbone is the key to a thriving club. We'll have to strengthen up the backline and cull a couple strikers who aren't versatile enough. Guess we'll have to use the scouting team to... wait, what's that?

bf022494b0.png

We don't have any scouts? Hoo boy, this may be more difficult than I anticipated...

-----

3521af961d.jpg

Playoffs? I guess that's reasonable as we were a League 1 team last year. But I'll need to get the players on my side and performing after two straight relegations. The cups? Fair enough expectations, I guess.

-----

Finances?

70424558af.png

I was expecting worse, I guess.

-----

Overall, there's a solid base here, and expectations are reasonable. We'll see if the necessary changes are made. I could find myself liking it here.

RIP Bas Douglas, Seidu Mumuni, Jordan Sutton. :(

No! They live after all! Except for Bas - has he gone for an alternative career? Gardener? Fisherman? Professional wrestler?

To be honest, I see this as hugely ambitious and demanding. The only time I ever tried to do multi-managers I got bored after like 1 month because it took me so, so long to play. But others have done it successfully. I remember @bestbrother had an immensely interesting save going on with both Nacional and Peñarol.

Good luck!

I wondered why I had a notification :D

Yeah good luck with this, its tough running multiple managers... I play the game quicker than most, so it probably didnt impact me as much as others who watch the games in 3d etc. But its fun and hopefully you will enjoy a good run here :thup:

This is 4 separate games, Means you can concentrate on one team/career at a time but still a lot of work and might be a bit confusing keeping track in the update but then 4 managers in one save would be even harder (to play anyway imo). I have often thought about having a 2 manager save but never set it up.

Anyway good luck.

8 hours ago, noikeee said:

No! They live after all! Except for Bas - has he gone for an alternative career? Gardener? Fisherman? Professional wrestler?

To be honest, I see this as hugely ambitious and demanding. The only time I ever tried to do multi-managers I got bored after like 1 month because it took me so, so long to play. But others have done it successfully. I remember @bestbrother had an immensely interesting save going on with both Nacional and Peñarol.

Good luck!

8 hours ago, bestbrother said:

I wondered why I had a notification :D

Yeah good luck with this, its tough running multiple managers... I play the game quicker than most, so it probably didnt impact me as much as others who watch the games in 3d etc. But its fun and hopefully you will enjoy a good run here :thup:

3 hours ago, Maw74 said:

This is 4 separate games, Means you can concentrate on one team/career at a time but still a lot of work and might be a bit confusing keeping track in the update but then 4 managers in one save would be even harder (to play anyway imo). I have often thought about having a 2 manager save but never set it up.

Anyway good luck.

Yeah, I don't like multi-manager in the same game because it takes too long, but the plan here is 4 separate saves so I can make progress in one if I get too frustrated at another. It's mostly because I can't handle only having one save, and I want to keep the thread updating :) 

Preseason 2016 - Laskowski(Blackpool)

What a strange preseason.

iJGON14.png

Very solid results apart from the preseason finale, including a win against Chelsea at Bloomfield Road!

2f44a2c751.jpg

Very quiet transfer window, just bringing in some young backup, and letting our 7th choice striker go to a division rival. However, our preseason results show we have a strong team, as long as we perform as know we can.

Just remember the Chelsea match, lads. Play like that and we should fight for promotion at the very least.

Headline.PNG.5338e9a18427743352fca9b4e352b0eb.PNG

c021ce2440.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a rough start to life here. Our defense is leaking goals and we can't score consistently enough to make up for it. And now I'm going to have that bloody reporter Mayfork poking his nose everywhere around the club. Management looked so easy while I was a player, but I guess I don't have me playing for me. If only I could get out on the pitch and show them all how it's supposed to be done. We need to turn it around soon.

e06f8fdc83.png

Headline.PNG.961e7ddc32f6ca1cd958bfc6296fe114.PNG

c1e72b3e61.jpg

-------------------------

I was sure I had him this time. But Mayfork continues to elude us. We'll get him on trespassing one of these days. I know it's him. Who else would climb the fence and talk to my players while wearing a giant cartoon flowerpot on his head, thinking it'd camouflage him? But maybe I should stop paying attention to him. There's no chance his silly stories are actually interesting to anyone, right? I have more important things to worry about right now.

-----

7f0c0b0ebb.png

At least we stopped losing, but we need to start winning.

Headline.PNG.9d617cf6db22953e5a19acd4418a4625.PNG

e7634f29a6.jpg

---------------------

Well, that went south quickly.

4000198349.png

7249d6685d.jpg

We just could not buy a win by the end there. 7 wins, 9 draws, and 8 losses is not playoff-contending form. The players looked like they stopped caring. It's just as well, though. They never really found the defensive structure I was hoping they would, and that prevented them from finding the success I wanted in the way I wanted. I wish them all the success in the world, they deserve it. At least I'm away from Mayfork. It's probably his fault the players were so poor. They were distracted on the training ground every day by the ridiculous attempted disguises he'd infiltrate with.

At least I get to read about my mates' management successes. They had to do better than I did. At least, relative to expectations. Now where did I put that stack of news about them....

(We jump over to Germany...)

150px-Sg_sonnenhof_grossaspach.png

Germany is a strange new place for me. Reserve teams playing in the lower leagues with first teams? This sure isn't England. I have to say though, the fact that we play somewhere called the "Mechatronik Arena" is a huge plus. It feels like we're a team of Transformers. Speaking of the squad...

479882fa8b.png

It seems very solid for this level. Nobody who's clearly going to lead us to another level, but I don't need that right now. I just want a solid foundation. Tom would be jealous at all this defensive talent I have. Let's hope I can make good use of it and get him jealous of how we play as well. 

I didn't want to make too many changes to start with, particularly with the solid foundation we have right now.

d64428fb34.png

Let's get off to a good start in the league and see what we can do.

20578a36f0.jpg

The board expects a solid performance but nothing outstanding, so let's get going.

11 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

Starting to feel a sense of deja vu here, with a decent start, but now we're in a run of bad morale and cannot get out and are below expectations again :( 

For a bunch of former Arsenal lads...

Jose-Mourinho-Applause.gif

:rolleyes:

Uh-oh. Not great so far for Laskowski or Mumuni. Were they paying enough attention when they took their UEFA coaching badges, or partying their arses off and bribing the teachers for grades?

Archived