[FM17] Rangers are coming.

WeegieFM

Youth Development

auchenhowie_aerial_1.jpg

I thought I would document the progress of some of our youth players as they progress throughout the save. I will try and keep this updated with the newgen players rather than real life prospects (unless people would like that also!). 

Current Youth Prospects 

2017/2018 Season

Nathan Ferguson - Scottish

Barry Jordan - Scottish - Home Grown at Club

Stevie McPherson - Scottish - Home Grown at Club

Euan McLean - Scottish

Will Maxwell - Welsh

Liban Elmi - English

Joe Brock - English

Victor Sanz - Spanish

Belal Benali - German

Pedro Joao - Portuguese

Former Youth Players

Kenneth Franken - Dutch - Sold to Arsenal for 4.5m + 20% future fee

Shaun Wallace - Scottish - Sold to Manchester United for 5.5m + 50% of profit from next transfer

Very much a British project I'm trying to develop with the occasional European thrown in! As the seasons pass I shall update year by year to show the players development and where they have went if they do leave us!

August 2017

Europa League

tctsm5D.png

We manage a surprise 2-0 victory over a far better Leicester side at Ibrox. 

After the Leicester game we had a tough away fixture against Aberdeen who always turn into Real Madrid whenever they play Rangers. We emerged 3-2 winners at Pittodrie though which led us nicely into the return leg. 

We battered down the hatchets moving to more defensive formation. Ideally I wanted to sneak a goal early doors and then shut up shop.

zdlcJDk.png

We did exactly that! Julian Green sneaking a goal in the 13th minute allowed us to all get back on the bus and park it in front of our goal. Leicester didn't go down without a fight though and it was definitely squeaky bum time in those final few moments.

That result moves us through to the Europa League Group Stages. I'm delighted to make it this far especially with two very tough teams put in front of us in the form of Zenit and Leicester. Celtic annoyingly didn't make the Champions League Group Stages after losing 2-1 on agg to Kobenhaven. It's not normal to have a Rangers fan actively hoping Celtic do well in Europe but its far better for our coefficient for a Scottish team to reach the group stage. Hopefully that will be us next season but until then we will continue on our Europa League run!

FZqKKCa.png

A few extra pennies in the bank!

097coNC.png

Our group sees us take on AFC Ajax of Holland, Viktoria Plzen of the Czech Republic and US Sassuolo of Italy. A tough group but I think we could sneak the odd win or two. Not got high hopes of qualifying to the next stage but you never know.

In terms of the SPFL our fixtures and the League table so far look like this:

HpEFOYi.png kdQA7bV.png

3 wins and 1 draw. The draw coming against Celtic in the first old firm of the season. They've already dropped points away to Inverness and hopefully will drop a few more along the way!

November 2017

League Table & Fixtures

m46lNcV.pngPxhtz81.png

15 Games in and a three point lead over Celtic. Our two draws came against Celtic with defeats against Hearts and Motherwell randomly. We face Kilmarnock in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup but the really disappointing part of our season thus far was our inability to defend our League Cup! We were shockingly beaten by Aberdeen in a convincing 3-0 pumping at Hampden. It didn't help that John McGinn was sent off by the 14th minute right enough! The final will be contested between Aberdeen and Partick Thistle.

Europa League

21qTMZi.png 

9joIJnR.png

Some how we've actually managed to qualify from this group! We began with a 2-1 away victory over Sassuolo and followed that up with a 3-1 win at home against Viktoria. Next came Ajax away and I fully expected us to drop points. To my surprise we came away 2-1 winners after a OG from their goalkeeper in the 80th minute. Ajax then arrived at Ibrox where we drew 2-2 before reality struck and Sassuolo handed us our first defeat of the group. 

14 minutes ago, WeegieFM said:

November 2017

League Table & Fixtures

m46lNcV.pngPxhtz81.png

15 Games in and a three point lead over Celtic. Our two draws came against Celtic with defeats against Hearts and Motherwell randomly. We face Kilmarnock in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup but the really disappointing part of our season thus far was our inability to defend our League Cup! We were shockingly beaten by Aberdeen in a convincing 3-0 pumping at Hampden. It didn't help that John McGinn was sent off by the 14th minute right enough! The final will be contested between Aberdeen and Partick Thistle.

Europa League

21qTMZi.png 

9joIJnR.png

Some how we've actually managed to qualify from this group! We began with a 2-1 away victory over Sassuolo and followed that up with a 3-1 win at home against Viktoria. Next came Ajax away and I fully expected us to drop points. To my surprise we came away 2-1 winners after a OG from their goalkeeper in the 80th minute. Ajax then arrived at Ibrox where we drew 2-2 before reality struck and Sassuolo handed us our first defeat of the group. 

On 16/01/2017 at 14:13, ChrisGers said:

Handed a really tough group there, Sassuolo especially if they've managed to hang on to the likes of Defrel, Politano and Berardi. Obviously I'm rooting for you.

Well, what do I know?  

13 hours ago, WeegieFM said:

I was pleasantly surprised with how the group went! Will no doubt be fired out in the next round but all wins help the coefficient!

So far, so good. Hope you maintain the level!

Cheers,
Bitner 

Europa Group

A2oQEGE.png

Tiny update today, as you can see we topped the Europa Group. For the last game against Viktoria I played my youngsters and we were fairly unlucky to lose 2-1.

The Rangers Network

At2ArAi.png

The Rangers network has grown again with BK Haken joining our list of affiliates. They again shall send youths for experience with us and could assist with us having some Swedish youths come through the ranks at Auchenhowie.

February 2018

January Transfers

Not a lot happened in January, we allowed some of our youngsters to go out on developmental loans to get them some first team football. The players heading out on loan were:-

Stevie McPherson - Dundee

Barry Jordan - Inverness

Joe Dodoo - Hamilton

Harry Forrester - Dundee

Myles Beerman - Livingston

Matthew Knox - Livingston

Carlos Badal - Vejle BK

We made two signings, one of which had been tee'd up for months.

Dusan Vlahovic - £500k Transfer Fee

1y5dgC5.png

Vlahovic joins us from FK Partizan, yet another Serbian added to our ranks. At only 18 he has awesome stats and I hope he can become a very good player for us!

Carlos Barbosa - £300k Compensation

3s6RxK2.png

The terrifying looking Claudio Barbosa becomes the second Portugese player at the club. He joins us from Royal Antwerp of all teams for 300k compensation. Really good stats for a 17 year old and with plenty of time to grow, I hope he's one for the future.

League Table

OwIRtLA.png

After 28 games we sit a 9 points ahead of Celtic. We've played well this season with our summer signings settling very quickly. The most important game that helped create the gap was the 2-0 victory over Celtic in the January Old Firm.

yqFUALh.pngDy7zVe2.jpg

Celtic down to 10 men by the 39th minute put us in the drivers seat and we delivered a comfortable 2-0 victory.

Europa League

713px-Europa_League.svg.png

The first knockout round of the tournament saw us drawn againt Hamburg SV of Germany. Both teams are fond of each other in real life with Hamburg having previously given Celtic a 'warm' welcome to the Volksparkstadion.

ozus9wl.jpg

I knew we were in for a game. They have Aaron Hunt and Lewis Holtby in their midfield who are considerably better than our current midfield partnership. I went into the games playing our usual 4-2-3-1 formation under the illusion that if we are going out we may aswell go out swinging!

First Leg - Volksparkstadion, Hamburg

XWczgcy.png

To my surprise we took an early 2 goal lead and everything was looking rosey up until the 41st minute when Kostic brought Hamburg back into the game. The momentum had shifted and when their second went in I was hardly surprised. Schieber made it three in the second half leaving me very frustrated at how we threw away such a good lead! The game finished 3-2 and we head back to Glasgow knowing that with two away goals we weren't out the competition just yet.

Second Leg - Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow

hxqRvFX.png

giphy.gif

Yes. 5-0. We came into this game struggling to score against bloody Inverness Caley Thistle and we do THIS to Hamburg!?!? I have no idea how we managed to do it! We were sensational. Easily the best I've seen us play. The lowest rating in our team was a 7.2 and that was Ben Garratt (goalkeeper)! Iglesias has been in absolutely sensational form for us all season and is easily my favourite player in this team! 5-0!!! The Rangers march on!!!

The next round sees us take on much tougher opposition in the form of Italian Side Napoli! I think this may be the end of the road!!!

19rShPA.png

Regen Day

aXmiMyW.jpg

A really promising intake! Our investment in our youth facilities and having Phil Cannon as our HoYD may finally be paying off?!? After looking at all the prospects I've decided to sign the following...

Paul Barr - Left Back

0WfsGQg.jpg

Physical stats are quite disappointing but hopefully we can develop them in time! We've been gifted a left back who will take his place on the subs bench next season as I begin to phase out Lee Wallace and introduce Greg Taylor as our starting left back.

Chris Clark - Striker

I7WIktP.jpg

We've been blessed with another striker. Chris Clark has decent finishing and Composure stats but he's slower than a week in the jail. At 6'4 and with 13 heading, he could become a target man striker for us.

Iain McPhee - Box to Box Midfielder

PdgJvej.jpg

Decent stats and good physicals led me to sign this boy, his mentals leave alot to be desired however.

Stuart Holt - Goalkeeper

114lIZ7.jpg

A potential 3.5 star player for us. Doesn't look great but hopefully we can develop him into...something.

Overall a decent intake and glad to see four Scottish players come into the fold that could potentially feature for the first team in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

2017/2018 Season Review

SPFL

AuRMCi3.png

A very strong campaign from us this year which ultimately led to us preventing Celtic achieving 7 in a row! The last Old Firm of the season actually saw us lose 4-0 away to Celtic. This years FM I have found Celtic a much bigger challenge than in any previous FM. They are consistently a thorn in my backside, I wish they would do better in Europe though! Brendan Rodgers left Celtic for Stoke with Celtic replacing him with Malky MacKay.  It's good to see a strong Celtic side to keep the league competitive...just not too strong!!!

Europa League

In one of my previous posts I mentioned we had been drawn against Napoli of Italy in the 2nd Knockout Round. I thought the game was up and we would stand no chance against their fair superior side. What happened next seemed to become a trend of our Europa Run. We lose away but win at home by a greater margin. That's exactly what happened here!

h8phBI1.png mhMsBWZ.png

2-1 aggregate win!

The first game I attempted to try and counter Napoli and hopefully hold on for a 0-0 and to be honest all that led to was wave after wave of attack from them. I'm amazed I escaped from their place only 1-0 down. Back at Ibrox I returned to the 4-2-3-1 formation and just went for it really. Christie with 2 goals in the space of 5 minutes helped but the injuries to Maksimovic and Ricci certainly didn't!

Next Up...

Arsenal.

A Battle of Britain was upon us as we draw Arsenal at the Quarter Final Stage. Arsenal were drawn first so we headed on down to the Emirates.

ZMQH88C.png mkPCRLu.png

3-2 aggregate win!

We advance through to the semi finals! I was all for taking a 1-1 away from the Emirates when Chamberlain sent a rocket into the top bin from about 25 yards out. I again just went for it in the home leg and Borja Iglesias (my hero) scored a double to put us into the Semi Finals.

Next Up...

Sporting Lisbon

Rangers have previously met Sporting in this Competition when they last made the final...could history repeat itself?!?

17GtjU3.pngpDUjGvH.png

5-5 - Penalty Win!

We go through on Penalties! It's an almost romantic run to the final as in our 2008 UEFA Cup run we made the final by going through on penalties.

Now...

This was it.

Our Opponents.

AC Milan.

Europa League Final

The 16th of May 2018

Wembley Stadium

Rangers are coming.

Now in 2008 I watched with tears in my eyes as Rangers lost the UEFA Cup final to Zenit St Petersburg. We attempted to set up defensively like we had in the previous rounds and it hadn't worked. We were comfortably beaten by Zenit and I couldn't bare to see us lose ANOTHER final. We had to do this. We had to.

Formations & Line Up

UpGqxFd.jpg

As a result of that I lined up with our 4-2-3-1 formation. I was ready to take the game to what is a very very good Milan side. My only worry was with Ricci out injured Sanz was stepping in with Christie moving out to the right side. Sanz has came on leaps and bounds this season but still I'd much rather my best 11 on the pitch in a final!!!

Kickoff.

12 minutes in.

GOAL.

ATrRZE3.jpg

Rangers take the lead at Wembley! Iglesias makes it 1-0 to Rangers with a fantastic finish!!!

18th minute.

GOAL.

iE3XxGs.jpg

It's 1-1. Carlos Bacca with an almost immediate reply for Milan.

Milan begin to batter us, Ben Garratt in the Rangers goal makes save after save with the Milan fans questioning how their team aren't 5-1 up.

38th Minute.

GOAL.

OSXUWPV.jpg

It's 2-1 Rangers!!! Julian Green scores a left footed volley from the edge of the six yard box to make it 2-1!!!

We make it to half time. I tell the boys we have one hand on the trophy. Again we come under increasing pressure from Milan. Attack after attack. John McGinn, our midfield engine, suffers a horrific broken leg. Maksimovic takes his place. When it happens.

Goal - Honda - 2-2 - 71 Minutes Played.

(Sorry forgot to screenshot)

Honda makes it 2-2 and its back to Squeeky bum time. 

90 Minutes are up. Extra Time.

Every stage of this competition has been a complete surprise. We were never expected to be here and on paper really shouldn't be. But we are here. It's 2-2. It's the Final.

Extra time commences when tragedy strikes.

Penalty.

Ryan Christie brings Bacca down in the box. It's a penalty to Milan. My head is in my hands. I'm begging Garrett to save it.

3-2 - Dani Parejo - 99 Minutes Played

It's time to go for it boys. I throw caution to the wind and move to Overload. We have nothing to lose. Some would say Rangers didn't try hard enough in 2008. They won't be saying that about us.

107 Minutes Played.

GOAL.

mC60vvA.jpg

Ryan Christie makes up from his earlier mistake by scoring a rebound that Donnarumma spilled out. I was too busy jumping up and down to remember to screenshot the scorer's name!

More controversy follows in this epic final as Honda receives his marching orders for a second yellow card in the 114th minute!

TG3RqvY.jpg

This is it. They are down to 10. We have them on the backfoot...and lets face it we are horrific at penalties. Lets make that extra man count!

120 minutes played.

1 minute of added time.

Substitute Benali looks forward, he plays a quick pass to Iglesias.

Who plays the first time ball through to Maksimovic...

orAYzUQ.jpg

N0BybHM.jpg

g3j7flf.jpg

8ZY37ru.jpg

ICbAWQf.jpgWAFPMmJ.jpg

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

nKB4Hbf.jpgimage23.gif

IT'S 4-3!!! THEY DON'T HAVE TIME!!! 

8PYQTGx.jpg

WE'VE WON THE EUROPA LEAGUE!!!

OTMml6a.png

Easily my favourite match in any FM Save ever. The straight up emotion of scoring that last minute winner. It felt real. As if Rangers had just lifted the cup. What a match.

Scottish Cup

Days after our European Success we had to turn our heads back to domestic competition as we faced defending Scottish Cup Champions Aberdeen.

6vtFiZm.png

We complete a very special treble!!! 

11 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Amazing achievement! No better way to do it either.

9 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Holy crap, what a finish!!!

6 hours ago, mjaferrie said:

Mental.  As much as it pains me to say it, that's some achievement! :applause:

Thanks for the kind words lads! Absolutely delighted with this seasons performance. Next season shall be interesting, looking to make the Champions League Group Stages and hopefully be competitive. 

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

With success, comes attention. My squad is being targeted by Europe's big teams. I've been linked with Real Madrid, and now Juventus. When I stated this save my manager already had a Continental License and former International rep. The young prospects I do have are becoming unhappy that I've rejected offers from teams in better leagues. I'm at a cross roads. On one hand I've won the Europa League with my boyhood club and would like a crack at the Champions League. On the other hand, I found myself contemplating a journeyman style save.  

The options are:-

- Continue as Rangers, sell my now long list of unhappy players and attempt to rebuild.

or

- See what jobs become available and potentially move on, leading this into becoming a 'Posh Journeyman' style save.

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

In my save I stuck it out with Celtic for 10 years with the same problem, I lost Dembele to West Ham, Tierney to Man Utd and it went on.  I'd say stay at Rangers for a bit longer, replace what you lose with better quality and younger players - if you are winning the Europa and Celtic qualify for the CL regularly  the coefficient is going to shoot up, and with that your reputation will as well and players will eventually want to stick around.

8 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

In my save I stuck it out with Celtic for 10 years with the same problem, I lost Dembele to West Ham, Tierney to Man Utd and it went on.  I'd say stay at Rangers for a bit longer, replace what you lose with better quality and younger players - if you are winning the Europa and Celtic qualify for the CL regularly  the coefficient is going to shoot up, and with that your reputation will as well and players will eventually want to stick around.

I've followed your epic save and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far! I've thought about it and decided to remain at Rangers for the time being! 

5 minutes ago, WeegieFM said:

I've followed your epic save and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far! I've thought about it and decided to remain at Rangers for the time being! 

Nice one mate! Definitely negotiate up though, I more than doubled the initial bid, at least for Tierney. 

Amazing accomplishment, I'm Rangers atm, first season and having the same struggles you had first season, can't get rid of deadwood and trying to nurture youth. Hansen said you can't win anything with kids and looks like he's right on this occasion.

i missed out of mcginn, but bought Scott Martin from Hibs in midfield, young lad and cheap.

i got machida on a free, pre season he was on fire, and I think he's got what it takes, he just high maintence always wanted a cuddle.

i can't find this Iglesias geezer you bought on my fm17. Is he a regen or do you have to enable something at the start of the game?

looking forward to your progress

Start of Season 2018/2019

Transfers Out

We had quite a few departures this summer. A mixture of players wanting to leave for (what they think) are bigger clubs and finally being able to clear some deadwood. Our hero at Wembley Nemanja Maksimovic decided Saint Etienne were a better option than to remain with us and when they activated his release clause there was not much that I could do. Other big name departures were Julian Green to Newcastle for 13.5M and Nikola Milenkovic for 11M potentially rising to 18.75M with clauses. I was sad to see these three players as they were a key part of my side over the past season. However when you consider I've made potentially 35.9M from players that cost me a total of 925k, you can't really complain. 

Other players that left us were Joe Dodoo, Josh Windass , Harry Forrester and Joe Garner. All Rangers players in real life but far under the standard held at the club now. Several other youth players left on frees including Ryan Hardie. Ryan Hardie is a player I've seen people fall in love with on previous FM saves but he just wasn't for me.  He spent last season out on loan to Ross County and bagged 17 goals in 34 games for them, he's currently still a free agent however St Johnstone look likely to secure his signature.

bJu1nrS.png

Total: £29,060,000 (potentially £36,810,000 with clauses)

Transfers In

Tyrone Mings - £975K Transfer Fee

aEe0vyf.jpg

Tyrone Mings comes in from Bournemouth to become our starting left back. I was originally going to start Greg Taylor however he hasn't really developed as much as I would have liked. Mings comes in already very capable of doing a job and good stats in the positions I want them. I enjoy pacey wing backs that can get a decent cross in and Mings fits the bill.

Jordan Pickford - £925k Transfer Fee

YpMVkYG.jpg

I was delighted to see Mr Pickford's name on the transfer list and at that price I couldn't NOT sign him. Looking at his history it appears he wasn't considered first choice for Sunderland and was sent out on Loan to Preston for a season before returning to Sunderland (who remain a Premier League Team) and twiddling his thumbs. Their loss is my gain and I present our new number 1 keeper!

Ryan Gauld - £550k Transfer Fee

V8ResUb.jpg

Ryan Gauld joins us for 550k a year after Sporting wanted 92M for him! It's funny how things change in this game and an unhappy Ryan Gauld finds himself returning to Scotland! Glad to bring Ryan in as he's one of Scotland's brightest talents and matches my aim of having a very much Scottish Core. With Christie, Gauld and McGinn I'd say we have the best and brightest Scottish midfielders at the club!

Ismael Diaz - £550k Compensation

0bQXaVH.jpg

This was a strange one. With Julian Green leaving us for Newcastle I knew I needed to fill the inside forward role on the left. After some searching using the player search feature I stumbled across Diaz. Diaz was playing for Tauro in his native Panama after a real life spell on loan at Porto. The best part? He was out of contract! 550k comp and Diaz joins us at Ibrox! 

Neven Subotic - Free Transfer

YQy6IdD.jpg

Now this signing goes against my policy of signing youngsters but come on. Subotic on a free?!? It would be mad not to! He originally wanted far too much money but I managed to talk him down to the 24k a week he's on now. An excellent player on previous FMs for me and I'm delighted to get him in, especially for nothing!!!

Roman Macek - Free Transfer

GUhIeCh.jpg

Last but not least, Roman Macek joins us on a free from Juventus. He's been out on loan here there and everywhere for Juventus and after bringing him in I decided to do likewise! He's currently out at AGF Aarhus in Denmark and I'll re-evaluate his position at the club when he returns.

ccZK6GA.png

Overall Spend: £3,000,000

Total Money Received: £29,060,000

Total Money Spent: £3,000,000

Gain/Loss: +£26,060,000

Finances

As a result of our prudent spending and money generated from transfers our finances currently look like this:

DAr7hlv.jpg

30 Million in the black. Can't complain at this stage!

UEFA Super Cup

The UEFA Super Cup seen us drawn against Champions League Winners Inter Milan. Wow. What a squad they have! We travelled to Estonia bizarrely to play in front of a packed... 9,692 people. I didn't think we had a chance however when we took the lead in the 20th minute I thought we might see another surprise result. Sadly  it wasn't to be and Inter left 2-1 victors in a match they thoroughly deserved to win.

gS53Mgo.png

For me it showed the gulf in class between the two sides and how far away we are from Champions League success. We carry on though and will now try and assert ourselves again as the dominant team in Scotland whilst hopefully managing to remain competitive in the Champions League. Our victory in the Europa League last season means we automatically qualify for the Group Stages of the Champions League which is excellent news as it meant our original Champions League Spot transferred to Celtic. They've made it to the Playoff round so far where they face BATE of Belarus. Hopefully they manage to qualify as its best for our coefficient! 

Updates have been a lot slower than I would like however that's life at this stage! Between work and family life FM has taken a backseat. I shall update as and when I actually manage to play further into the save! 

On 03/02/2017 at 08:22, Gordy84 said:

Amazing accomplishment, I'm Rangers atm, first season and having the same struggles you had first season, can't get rid of deadwood and trying to nurture youth. Hansen said you can't win anything with kids and looks like he's right on this occasion.

i missed out of mcginn, but bought Scott Martin from Hibs in midfield, young lad and cheap.

i got machida on a free, pre season he was on fire, and I think he's got what it takes, he just high maintence always wanted a cuddle.

i can't find this Iglesias geezer you bought on my fm17. Is he a regen or do you have to enable something at the start of the game?

looking forward to your progress

Borja Iglesias plays for Celta Vigo and is on loan at Brondy in Denmark when the game starts. Shame you missed out on McGinn but hopefully Scott Martin does a job for you! Good Luck!!!

Champions League Groups

As we won the Europa League last year that gave us straight entry into the Champions League Group Stage. Great for us as it means no pesky qualifers but also good news for Scottish Football as Celtic have taken our original spot in the qualifiers and have managed to make it to the group stages after a 4-1 aggregate victory over BATE.

eV2fB1p.png

GdcUKaX.png

We face Monaco of France, Bayern of Germany and we meet Arsenal of England again. Celtic on the other hand face Real Madrid of Spain, Manchester United of England and Olympiakos of Greece. Both teams have very tough groups and I'd say we just edge it in terms of toughness as I'd deem Monaco a much bigger threat than Olympiakos. 

2 hours ago, WeegieFM said:

Time to rid ourselves of the snakes.

xlkYUrx.png

Mark Bowen comes in to replace the disgraced Davie Weir.

xZ34r7r.png

Hahaha, classic ;)

Some nice transfer dealings man, hopefully yourselves and Celtic will do well in the groups or at least both drop into the Europa league!

15 hours ago, mjaferrie said:

Hahaha, classic ;)

Some nice transfer dealings man, hopefully yourselves and Celtic will do well in the groups or at least both drop into the Europa league!

Only men that put Rangers First allowed at Ibrox. Both in game and in real life!!! It's strange to actually WANT Celtic to do well in Europe. Now they've reached the group stage I'm not too fussed right enough! 

October 2018

League Table

0RePNN6.png

Currently neck and neck with Celtic at the top, the first old firm of the season ended in a 1 all draw. This year I've found Celtic much more of a challenge to overcome as in previous FM's they usually fall apart and can end up struggling to finish in the top 3. Leigh Griffiths is an absolute goal machine for them, praying someone comes in for him in January!

Champions League Group

EKWOyzx.png

Our Champions League form has been poor to say the least. Bayern, Arsenal and Monaco are just far better teams than us at this stage.

Future Signings

Signed a few youngsters for the future who will all be joining us in the January Window.

F53ny2r.jpg

Yovko Nenov -Bulgarian - 1.3M Transfer Fee

Nenov joins us from Bulgarian side Lokomotiv Plovdiv. After a favourable scout report I decided to take a chance on him, his dribbling and physical stats leave a lot to be desired but at only 17 I hope he can come on and be a cracking player for us.

6c9ALvW.jpg

Tomasz Baranowski - Polish - 2.5M Transfer Fee

Tomasz joins us from Jagiellonia Bialystok of Poland, at 17 he has come cracking stats already and with those mental stats I'm eyeing him up as a potential future captain.

1p86O9G.jpg

Andrew McCarter - Northern Irish - 130K comp

In efforts to keep the 'British' feel to the squad I had a look round to see if there were any decent prospects in Wales and N Ireland. McCarter is the only player that really jumped out at me as having a bit about him and so he joins us in January. Not any real risk with this one and hopefully he will develop nicely.

Archived