Why, why, why?

I've played a fair few hours on this game now and quite frankly getting sick of the same old thing... wonderful start, then BANG - game over. The AI just masters your tactic and your game has gone to complete mush...

Has anyone got any ideas? I've played this game for so many years, but must admit this version has me scratching my head - I've no hair left to pull!

Nottingham Forest_  Senior Fixtures-3.png

Nottingham Forest_  Overview-2.png

Nottingham Forest_  Overview.png

1 minute ago, JPChenet said:

It's really annoying me now. I have multiple saves with different tactics and it seems they've all gone to pot. Think it's time to leave the game until another update and play Motorsport Manager instead.

I'm considering that myself or just never play another fm ever as if its not that the I'm dominating teams and playing them off the park and cant score for crap

1 minute ago, JPChenet said:

At least I'm not the only one thinking that.

I'm all for a tougher game but within reason this just isn't realistic its near impossible specially with lower league teams no tacs I make work at all so much so iv smashed my monitor and had to replace it

Ok guys this is what the AI is doing in every match you play- it changed mentality when it goes a goal down. If there is a good chance it can beat ya, mentality becomes a gear shift, and it cycles through it.

jpchenet, you may as well make your WBs attacking, given that you have 2 defensive roles centrally, because I'd imagine getting as much width as you can will help you.

I'd probably shy away from using the tighter marking TI because the whole point of a narrow shape is to minimize the amount space you give up centrally. Have your players still close to opposition players might get them moving too much and that can negatively impact the integrity of your defensive shape.

Otherwise,how are you conceding goals? What kind of chances, poor or otherwise, have you been creating? Is there a pattern to where and when your players are losing possession?

The AI doesn't master your tactic.

If anyone wants to start a thread where you post in a more constructive and useful manner, feel free to do so.  This is just complaining.

In the meantime take on board rashidi's post and what that implies. 

Archived