[FMT17] Football Manager Touch Attribute Colours + Threshold

BoxToBox

Last few years all I'd have to do to recolour them is edit these lines in the settings.xml.

<colour name="unknown attribute background" red="80" green="80" blue="80"/>    
    <colour name="low attribute background" red="54" green="67" blue="88"/>
    <colour name="normal attribute background" red="18" green="78" blue="103"/>
    <colour name="good attribute background" red="0" green="114" blue="102" />
    <colour name="excellent attribute background" red="0" green="138" blue="71" />

This year though, it's not working at all, anyone know what's changed and/or what I should be doing?

Edited by michaeltmurrayuk
updated thread title

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'd like to bump this thread. I really like how Touch allows me to play a faster version of FM without removing the most fun parts (tactics, transfers, player development) ... but I really want to set the attribute colours and, preferably, thresholds.

I tried editing settings.xml myself yesterday, but the changes didn't show ingame. Why aren't the new colours showing up? Are they hardcoded - in that case, why make them editable in the settings.xml file? Is there a skin cache I'm forgetting to empty?

At the moment I don't know as Steam is down so it won't let me run Football Manager Touch.

If you have both versions of the game what you can try is to load up the full version of FM, goto Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours and set your thresholds there.

Then browse to C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\Preferences\version 3\ and locate the three files called 'good_attribute_boundary' 'average_attribute_boundary' and 'excellent_attribute_boundary' that should have been created when changing the values.

Now copy those files into this location: C:\Users\>YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2017\Preferences\version 3\

(Once you have copies the files over you can delete them from the full mode to get the default values back if you want).

Load up FM touch and hopefully the changes will show in Touch mode. (You might need to turn off the skin cache and reload your skin), also the above folders might be hidden by default so you'll need to enable hidden folders in windows.

If that works and you want to change the thresholds further just open those files in notepad and change the value to the value you want and save the file, though you might need to do this whilst FM isn't running.

If that doesn't work then I don't think you can as the setting isn't in the attribute panel files any longer and is changed from the skin colours page in the full mode (and that screen doesn't appear to exist in touch mode), and it might be worth putting a suggestion in the feature requests forum.

As steam is back up and I can now access Touch mode, I've found a slightly more user friendly method, as it looks like you can add the Skin Colours panel from the full mode into Touch Mode.

This will only work if you are using a custom skin (the above method will work on the default skins), download this file; fmt17_colourchooser.zip

Extract it and place the game folder into the panels folder for the skin you are using, then reload the skin and goto the Preferences -> Interface screen and you should now have a Skin Colours Tab, select that and you should be able to set the attribute threshold from there like in the full mode, though you cannot change the attribute colours from there that will have to be done the old way.

• 2 years later...
En 25/12/2016 a las 14:13, michaeltmurrayuk dijo:

As steam is back up and I can now access Touch mode, I've found a slightly more user friendly method, as it looks like you can add the Skin Colours panel from the full mode into Touch Mode.

This will only work if you are using a custom skin (the above method will work on the default skins), download this file; fmt17_colourchooser.zip

Extract it and place the game folder into the panels folder for the skin you are using, then reload the skin and goto the Preferences -> Interface screen and you should now have a Skin Colours Tab, select that and you should be able to set the attribute threshold from there like in the full mode, though you cannot change the attribute colours from there that will have to be done the old way.

Thanks Michael! :applause::applause::applause:

• 7 months later...
On 25/12/2016 at 14:13, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I would like to change attribute thresholds and colors in FM2019. Does this file also exist for the 2019 version?

Thanks in advance.

On 23/12/2016 at 17:09, michaeltmurrayuk said:

At the moment I don't know as Steam is down so it won't let me run Football Manager Touch.

If you have both versions of the game what you can try is to load up the full version of FM, goto Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours and set your thresholds there.

Then browse to C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\Preferences\version 3\ and locate the three files called 'good_attribute_boundary' 'average_attribute_boundary' and 'excellent_attribute_boundary' that should have been created when changing the values.

Now copy those files into this location: C:\Users\>YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2017\Preferences\version 3\

(Once you have copies the files over you can delete them from the full mode to get the default values back if you want).

Load up FM touch and hopefully the changes will show in Touch mode. (You might need to turn off the skin cache and reload your skin), also the above folders might be hidden by default so you'll need to enable hidden folders in windows.

If that works and you want to change the thresholds further just open those files in notepad and change the value to the value you want and save the file, though you might need to do this whilst FM isn't running.

If that doesn't work then I don't think you can as the setting isn't in the attribute panel files any longer and is changed from the skin colours page in the full mode (and that screen doesn't appear to exist in touch mode), and it might be worth putting a suggestion in the feature requests forum.

I also tried this with the full FM 2019 version but sadly I am not able to find these files. Does anybody have some advice? Am I missing another topic?

• 1 year later...
On 23/12/2016 at 17:09, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Bit late to the party, but this has worked for me like a charm in the FMT 21. Immensely helpful, thank you sir!

• 11 months later...
В 04.12.2020 в 00:29, Melquiaves сказал:

Bit late to the party, but this has worked for me like a charm in the FMT 21. Immensely helpful, thank you sir!

there is another late guest at the party 🤣

can you share your preferences files from the full version FM 21? Iwant to see how it will work on android.

thanks