[FM2017] Mod for stadiums - especially for lower leagues

KUBI

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/11/2016 at 03:18, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For someone who asked futher up as you are editing the actual game files then there is a chance they could be reverted when the game is patched and they will be wiped if you verify the game files through steam, so when you are happy with your changes you might want to backup the edited files elsewhere aswell.

Ah, glad this thread still exists. An update wiped my alterations, so thankfully the instructions are still here :thup:

I will try to delete all folders and left only "0-10000/a". also i will delete all linex except 0-10000/a in JSON file. Will load save with 200 stadium and i will see whats gonna be.

EDIT: this is what i get with only this 1 folder and changed JSON file.

b3kFUKY.jpg

I also managed to disable ads. I have cones instead :D

How can i remove that stand roof?

I still cant figure out how game generate stands...

Just now, phnompenhandy said:

^ I've got something very similar. However behind the goals I have ugly garbage bins and truck containers. I'd like to get rid of them.

I managed to get this because i deleted all other folders-when i get those folders back again probably this will be changed. 

I tried to change JSON capacity and stadium capacity but everything is same. I just cant figure out this...

About your truck containers-you can replace them with cones like i did with ads

No i wanted to delete those ads. If you wanna change those truck containers with f.e. cones just go to mesh/cones/ and copy file "cones_50cm.sia to mesh/shipping_container.    delete shipping_container.sia file and rename new cones file as original - shipping_container.sia

when you start game all shipping containers will be replaced by cones

Can you upload your stadium/0-10000 folder and JSON file?

I want to see how you did it?

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Remove all roof files for the top and corner.

yeah i managed to set this. still i cant set small stand for small stadium. when i delete everything-it works but when i get all folders back i get large stand for stadium of 200 capacity.

How can i add ads to some specific league/nation?

Just now, krlenjushka said:

How can i add ads to some specific league/nation?

That's not possible unfortunately. The only work-around is to make different default ads folder and change it, when you want to watch a match in a different country. In theory it's possible, because there are special folders for countries, but without the config file I don't think it will work.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

That's not possible unfortunately. The only work-around is to make different default ads folder and change it, when you want to watch a match in a different country. In theory it's possible, because there are special folders for countries, but without the config file I don't think it will work.

i guess config file is in ads.fmf. its called fm.xml

fm.xml

29 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I really like the ads, because they are so easy to customize. This is my Swiss version.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-09 um 01.49.01.jpg

Yup, those containers!  Cheers krlenjushka, I'll try that right now :thup:

Pity there isn't a file of trees. How about those big bins? Do I just replace the big bins sia with cones? How about the _no, _sp and 'map' files?

Edited by phnompenhandy

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yup, those containers!  Cheers krlenjushka, I'll try that right now :thup:

Pity there isn't a file of trees.

when you catch some time upload your 0-10000 folder and JSON file. I want to see how you did it

when you catch some time upload your 0-10000 folder and JSON file. I want to see how you did it

Can you tell me how to do that? I don't have dropbox or anything.

I just made stabs in the dark really, but the north european outside stadium look fits nicely with my league of Scottish Highland amateur clubs. As the attendances at most games are in single figures, the stadium-free bare grass and concrete looks right.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Can you tell me how to do that? I don't have dropbox or anything.

I just made stabs in the dark really, but the north european outside stadium look fits nicely with my league of Scottish Highland amateur clubs. As the attendances at most games are in single figures, the stadium-free bare grass and concrete looks right.

i just wanna get single stand look for all stadiums between 100-500 capacity. for capacity 0 game use no_stand stadium and that ok.

my settings from above will be ideal for lower capacity stadiums but i dont know how to set that with all other data.

14 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I'd have to load up each file one by one :(

Easier to list - I haven't oped up or altered any files, just deleted select ones.

In a I just have 'right'_xrefs folder with crowd and medium exit steps sias, and right.sia.

In b I have in right_xrefs folder crowd, medium exits and single sloped roof sias, top_xrefs folder just has crowd_partition.sia, plus right and top sias.

c just has the right_xrefs folder but in it are crowd, flat roof, medium steps, sinle sloped roof, single sloped roof speakers, stand end flat and stand end single sloped sias. Outside the folder is the right.sia file.

e just has the top_xrefs folder with nothing removed plus the top-sia file.

f is untouched - nothing removed.

The no_stand folder is empty!

I haven't touched any json files.

My intention is to have incrementally more facilities as capacities increase - currently I have seen most of the alterations yet - I'll need a few promotions first.

Swapping ad hoardings for cones as @krlenjushka did (and credit where it's due for the idea, and for sparking my curiosity again), renaming the "walls" directory in "mesh" to "walls-OLD" so it'd get missed and the brick wall on blank sides of the pitch wouldn't generate, copy/pasting/renaming the spectator_blue mesh into "shipping_container" as a replacement for shipping_container.sia to get rid of the shipping containers in exchange for people wandering outside the stadium rather than dotting the place with cones, and finally deleting "corner.sia" and "corner_xrefs" from the "/stadiums/0-10000/no_stand/" directory  to get rid of corner walls, we have:

nowalls.jpeg

(click to embiggen)

I'm not sure about the hoardings, whether it's better with or without (and it will affect all grounds not big enough for animated hoardings), but losing the brick wall and corners is a definite improvement and those spectators don't look wholly out of place milling around in the car park like that...

Edited by cregan

Only downside is, losing the corners bunches the stadiums together unexpectedly, or seems to (EDIT: I know why; I should have kept corner.sia and just emptied the corner_xrefs directory in /0-10000/no_stand/), leading to overlapping barriers where there's no stands, and stands sitting on the running track/partition. I'm not sure if it's a terrible thing or not, but it's definitely an oddity (see top-left at BW-90's 800-cap ground here, and note where the main stand overlaps the colourised brown pitch border).

nocornerswat.jpeg

Edited by cregan

On 12/2/2016 at 02:35, ThiagoNH1984 said:

Can someone upload those stadium mods with various capacities on one place so everyone can download it? :) This stadium "tweaks" I've seen, look pretty amazing.

In my Croatian database, many lower league clubs have only one stand and capacity is 500 max... So I'd like to see stadiums like in real life...Thank you in advance!

27 minutes ago, cregan said:

copy/pasting/renaming the spectator_blue mesh into "shipping_container" as a replacement for shipping_container.sia to get rid of the shipping containers in exchange for people wandering outside the stadium rather than dotting the place with cones,

Ooh, just did that - very nice! It feels correct that there are more people wandering off to do some shopping than attending my matches (average home games 30, average away games less than 10).

What do the green orange and red spectators do?

16 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ooh, just did that - very nice! It feels correct that there are more people wandering off to do some shopping than attending my matches (average home games 30, average away games less than 10).

Yeah, same here. Given the kind of football my tiny crowds in my Norwegian lower reaches save have to endure, I don't think I'd stick around either! :D

16 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

What do the green orange and red spectators do?

As far as I can tell, they're effectively the same, just a different colour of jacket/top.

Just now, cregan said:

Yeah, same here. Given the kind of football my tiny crowds in my Norwegian lower reaches save have to endure, I don't think I'd stick around either! :D

As far as I can tell, they're effectively the same, just a different colour of jacket/top.

Okay, so as my strip is blue, i'll keep those guys and imagine they're leaving the ground early!

I still have some thought about "c" folder. it seems its related to main stand behind reserve players. im not sure but it seems so. i tried yesterday to delete all other folders and leave only 0-10000/a and i dont have that main stand. when i copy "c" folder back again i have main stand on pitch again.

so confusing

Maybe the game's inclined to pull the main stand from the higher-cap directories? There's nothing in "c", which still carries options for corner/top/right, or the textures the individual .sia files call that makes it any different to "a" or "b". The only thing that changes is the capacity set in the JSON. I think you've got a stadium with an option "c" main stand, rather than "c" being a main stand directory.

1 minute ago, cregan said:

Maybe the game's inclined to pull the main stand from the higher-cap directories? There's nothing in "c", which still carries options for corner/top/right, or the textures the individual .sia files call that makes it any different to "a" or "b". The only thing that changes is the capacity set in the JSON. I think you've got a stadium with an option "c" main stand, rather than "c" being a main stand directory.

i tried to change stadium capacity from 200 to 600 and everything is same

Finally the smalles stand shows up. Thanx krlenjushka! Did you just bring the capacity down to <200?  Wonder if the in-game editor allows for the stadiums to change when I alter capacity. 

@ cregan: Möron got promoted under my reign in FM15! :)

4 minutes ago, ommerson said:

Finally the smalles stand shows up. Thanx krlenjushka! Did you just bring the capacity down to <200?  Wonder if the in-game editor allows for the stadiums to change when I alter capacity. 

@ cregan: Möron got promoted under my reign in FM15! :)

i get this only when i delete all other folders and leave 0-10000/a folder with some changes. also i deleted all lines in JSON-just 0-10000/a lines are here but with changes for corner and right (i set "null" for steps).

Side note: I've figured out how tiering works. Looking further down at the bigger grounds, in 30-40000 you have entries like this:

{
          capacity : 3480,
          hash_key : 1286829980,
          name : "SHORT_EXITS_STEPS_PLAYER_TUNNEL",
          section : [
            {
              capacity : 1288
            },
            {
              capacity : 2192
            },
            {
              capacity : 0
            },
            {
              capacity : 0
            }
          ],
          tunnel : true
        },

Two capacities, for two tiers. The first capacity is probably tier one (without a tunnel, the first one is higher). The second capacity is tier two. The "capacity: 3480" is the total capacity for that section of the ground.

If you go down into 40-50000, you start seeing three capacities, for three tiers.

Those entries with multiple steps must just be multiple options for the same section. Those bigger ground entries, which I hadn't looked at much before, also seem to have quite clear style differences between a, b, c, e, and f. 30-40000/d/ is two-tier all the way , whereas 30-40000/e/ is single larger tiers.

Maybe capacity differences are largely incidental within a given size band (0-10k, 10-20k etc.); grounds are built from a set of style options ranging from your basic "a" stepped concrete, through "b"'s three-stage scaffolds, through "c"s whatever...?

The easiest way to remove graphics you don't like (shipping containers for example)

sigfx --> mesh

folder shipping container

remove the file shipping_container.sia

Re-load your saved game and the containers are gone.

Should also work with ad-boards etc.

41 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

i tried to change stadium capacity from 200 to 600 and everything is same

I've deleted "c" temporarily to test and reloaded. Here's a 1k-cap ground that obviously had a c-option main stand that's now gone:

c-stand.jpeg

I've deleted "c" temporarily to test and reloaded. Here's a 1k-cap ground that obviously had a c-option main stand that's now gone:

c-stand.jpeg

"c" from 0-10000?  yeah but this will probably have some effect on larger stadiums...

And here's another ground (2k this time) that obviously used "c" for both main stands: 

no-c.jpeg

The individual a/b/c/e/f directories are definitely just differing styles/sizes of each module, and different stadiums are built from different parts, pulling from each different directory (including those added by the user - "aa" etc.).

Edited by cregan

And here's another ground (2k this time) that obviously used "c" for both main stands: 

no-c.jpeg

i still dont get this- you want to say that different stadiums use different settings? not related to capacity?

2 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

"c" from 0-10000?  yeah but this will probably have some effect on larger stadiums...

Yes, deleting directories isn't a viable way to get no-stand grounds for small clubs and still get stands for clubs with larger stadiums. It'll have to be done via JSON (maybe create an "a_tiny" directory with empty xrefs subdirectories for top/corner/right?).

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

i still dont get this- you want to say that different stadiums use different settings? not related to capacity?

Yes. In these pics you've got three different stadiums, all with no "right" stands behind the goal, but with varying "top" stands:

#1 is b+c at 1k capacity.

#2 is b+b at 1k capacity.

#3 is c+c at 2k capacity.

(And I've got a fourth I've not posted, 3k-cap, that's also b+b.)

There's obviously some consideration given to capacity values - none of these look to be e/f (and smaller grounds unaffected by deleting "c" had a fair amount of concrete I'd associate with "a") - but I think the bands grounds pull from has more leeway than the strict capacities given in the JSON.

Yes, deleting directories isn't a viable way to get no-stand grounds for small clubs and still get stands for clubs with larger stadiums. It'll have to be done via JSON (maybe create an "a_tiny" directory with empty xrefs subdirectories for top/corner/right?).

for stadiums with 0 capacity we  will have no stand stadium so there is no need for that. maybe we can create "tiny" folder with a,b,c folders and put in every folder same top? you have "medium_exit_steps.sia" file in 0-10000/a/top_xrefs- its small stand on right side across main stand. 

for stadiums with 0 capacity we  will have no stand stadium so there is no need for that. maybe we can create "tiny" folder with a,b,c folders and put in every folder same top? you have "medium_exit_steps.sia" file in 0-10000/a/top_xrefs- its small stand on right side across main stand. 

You could. "Top" covers both the main stands (east/west, let's say, one east behind the dugout and technical areas, one west where the default camera position is). But because stadiums are built from a mix of the options available, I think to get more chance of missing/blank stands (and thus more 0-1 stand grounds down in the 0-200 capacity range), you want to give the game the missing/blank option rather than the standard "a" stand.

So, if you've got "a_tiny" and "a_tiny_stand" directories and JSON entries for 0-200 cap, and "a_tiny" has empty "top_xrefs" and "right_xrefs" subdirectories, while "a_tiny_stand" has an empty "right" subdirectory but "medium_exits_steps" in "top_xrefs" just like "a", you might get any of the following combinations, east + west:

a_tiny + a_tiny = a ground with no stands at all, just a dugout and technical areas.

a_tiny + a_tiny_stand = no stand behind the dugout, a small concrete stand on the west side of the pitch.

a_tiny_stand + a_tiny = a small concrete stand behind the dugout, no stand on the west side of the pitch.

a_tiny_stand + a_tiny_stand = small concrete stands on both sides of the pitch.

The way the game's behaving, though, I wonder if you'd still get stands from the bigger capacity ranges creeping in.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

I replaced the shipping containers with blue spectators.

They're nice, aren't they? I'm wondering about doing the same with the red traffic cones (they're in the corners of most/all grounds if you remove the corner wall) but using red spectators instead. Or the bins. It's just a shame there aren't any "bloke walking his dog past the pitch" textures... :D