ILFM

Hi,

I love the Football Manager series and I feel that they are almost perfect. Almost. The biggest issue for me is the fact that when a player misses a cup final through a suspension or injury, and their team wins, then they do not get a winner's medal i.e. the competition is not listed under their achievements. This happens even if they have played in every other match in the cup run. In reality, obviously, the situation is different because Scholes (1999), Messi (2006) and most recently John Terry (2012) missed the Champions League final and still got a winner's medal. This is a big deal for me because FM is supposed to represent reality to the extent that it can, and this is a glaring error which probably has a very simple fix.

So my biggest request to the makers of Football Manager, to the people at SI, is to please fix this issue and include it as a new feature starting from the next Football Manager game. 

Thank you.

Agree 100% ... it may be petty but I like to take a young player and when he retires look at his achievements. When he's 17/18 if a good prospect I would play him 90% of Champions League games or FA Cup.. but maybe drop him for a more experienced player in the semi's or final. But because he won't get a medal I fill my bench in the final with the players I want to get the medals. Obviously I'd rather my team was as strong as possible in the final AND still get medals for the players that got me to the final.

It's been a while since I looked at it, but a few years ago the rules were that the teams received medals for the match day squad and manager, plus a similar number to be distributed at the clubs whim. The club could then have more medals struck at their own expense (there might have been a limit on this number). So pretty much anyone at the club could end up with a medal, just not presented on the day.

But that's the physical medals. What FM should be doing is adding something like 'Played in Champions League Group Stage' and overwriting it with every round, so 'Played in Champions League Group Stage' turns to 'Played in Champions League Semi-FInal'. Which could end up being a large amount of data to store when you consider it has to happen for every player at every stage of every cup competition every year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived