2016/2017 Season update

Hello Rizz

Just curious if you are gonna contiune the game with an update to 2016/2017? If it's coming it would be nice if it could come soon as the season is well under way irl. If you still have very little time to work on the game just update the game year and work on patches and fixes at a later date :)

In hope that the game will see more work from more people, cheers

On 2016-10-18 at 22:51, RJ881228 said:

from what I read, it's coming. They're just focusing on FM right now

Where did u read that? I checked this forum + theblueline + the steam thing if u even can call that a forum, everyday for the last month. Haven't heard a single word of progress or any update even in the process. The lack of answers makes me wonder if we even get another update or if the game earned it's money and expects us to play something else.

11 minutes ago, Philly48 said:

Where did u read that? I checked this forum + theblueline + the steam thing if u even can call that a forum, everyday for the last month. Haven't heard a single word of progress or any update even in the process. The lack of answers makes me wonder if we even get another update or if the game earned it's money and expects us to play something else.

The Wish List thread on this site has a post from Riz from September 14th where he says "The next update has been in the works for a while now but obviously this being the busy time of year with regards to FM development, the progress on EHM has been a bit slower than usual. But there is another update in the pipeline and the work on an editor also continues.

And the main/first page on TBL has (since October 4th) a Riz post (quoted from HF Forums) that references development continues & reasons for a delay in the upcoming EHM Update

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-10-21 at 10:22, szczepek25 said:

I wrote few days ago to Riz a message asking when released the new update, Riz replies me:

Doing fine thanks, busy as ever though. We are planning for the next update shortly but there is no date set yet for it.

So we wait patiently, because it can be a major update :)

Aight. Losing hope on this tho, Been almost a month since that without another word. Time to buy fhm instead this game feels done.

11 hours ago, Philly48 said:

Aight. Losing hope on this tho, Been almost a month since that without another word. Time to buy fhm instead this game feels done.

I've bought every version of FHM when it came out to support the development of PC hockey simulations; for me doing so has nothing to do with thinking EHM "feels done" - I don't see the concern about there not being further comment/explanation regarding the next EHM update (further comment/explanation is unnecessary IMO)

I believe the next EHM update is coming as Riz has stated (I don't need or want PR/hype and actually prefer the low key approach; no need to repeat the same things over and over and/or make commitments and then fail to deliver)

• SI Staff

As noted in a few other threads, there is a small update coming shortly for EHM to allow custom databases to use a 2016 start date. The update will also feature some gameplay improvements and bug fixes.

For a whole new 2016-17 ruleset update, it'll be a bit longer before we can include that in an update as I've simply not had the time to work on that in the past few months. Most of the time I've managed to find for EHM has been spent on the built-in editor which is coming along nicely but is still some ways from being completed.

8 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

As noted in a few other threads, there is a small update coming shortly for EHM to allow custom databases to use a 2016 start date. The update will also feature some gameplay improvements and bug fixes.

For a whole new 2016-17 ruleset update, it'll be a bit longer before we can include that in an update as I've simply not had the time to work on that in the past few months. Most of the time I've managed to find for EHM has been spent on the built-in editor which is coming along nicely but is still some ways from being completed.

can you at least give us a hint what we can expect in big update ? :)

• SI Staff

In the next update (I wouldn't classify it as big, compared to some of the previous 1.x updates), the importer and the game will allow custom databases to use a 2016 start date, so people can make updated databases that start in the 2016 season. However the databases can only use the 2015 rulesets (or 2006 or 2014) as there hasn't been time to update all of those yet for the importer. There are some gameplay improvements to goalie conditioning, AI roster management, contract demands, some minor UI fixes and improvements on how amateur teams and contracts work. 

As far as the Editor work (again, this is a work in progress and will only be included in the game once it has been fully completed), I've completed listing all the basic data of all the db tables with some filtering options and added the editing of basic details of most of the records with a bit more fields enabled for editing on some of the key tables. There's also already an option to export/import league specific rulesets between databases so you can for example replace a playable league in a 2016 database with the 2006 format of the league (exporting it from the 2006 db and importing into a 2016 db). This was added to allow historical databases to make use of the various new rulesets added to the modern default DB.

The playable league editing will include editing four types of records that are needed to make a league playable:

1) The league basic rules (this includes the league structure, playing rules, schedules and layout of the different stages)
2) The transfer rules (these define roster limits, foreign player limits, salary cap rules etc.)
3) The ruling body (ie. the discipline rules such as how players are suspended for game misconducts etc)
4) The financial info (expected team budget ranges, expected player wage ranges etc)

Out of those record types, the first one is obviously the most complex one and I've only got started on allowing the editing of those records. The other three are fairly simple and all of them are already fully editable in the work-in-progress editor.

There is also a similar 3rd party editor in development over at TBL which is progressing nicely as well.

On 11/17/2016 at 03:11, Riz Remes said:

In the next update (I wouldn't classify it as big, compared to some of the previous 1.x updates), the importer and the game will allow custom databases to use a 2016 start date, so people can make updated databases that start in the 2016 season. However the databases can only use the 2015 rulesets (or 2006 or 2014) as there hasn't been time to update all of those yet for the importer. There are some gameplay improvements to goalie conditioning, AI roster management, contract demands, some minor UI fixes and improvements on how amateur teams and contracts work. 

As far as the Editor work (again, this is a work in progress and will only be included in the game once it has been fully completed), I've completed listing all the basic data of all the db tables with some filtering options and added the editing of basic details of most of the records with a bit more fields enabled for editing on some of the key tables. There's also already an option to export/import league specific rulesets between databases so you can for example replace a playable league in a 2016 database with the 2006 format of the league (exporting it from the 2006 db and importing into a 2016 db). This was added to allow historical databases to make use of the various new rulesets added to the modern default DB.

The playable league editing will include editing four types of records that are needed to make a league playable:

1) The league basic rules (this includes the league structure, playing rules, schedules and layout of the different stages)
2) The transfer rules (these define roster limits, foreign player limits, salary cap rules etc.)
3) The ruling body (ie. the discipline rules such as how players are suspended for game misconducts etc)
4) The financial info (expected team budget ranges, expected player wage ranges etc)

Out of those record types, the first one is obviously the most complex one and I've only got started on allowing the editing of those records. The other three are fairly simple and all of them are already fully editable in the work-in-progress editor.

There is also a similar 3rd party editor in development over at TBL which is progressing nicely as well.

Cant wait I can finally play historic mode back in 2000 with 2016 ruleset aka 30 ahl teams

26 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

they have a 1998-1999 rosters i would just have the 2 2000 expansion teams with atlanta and nashville join the league in 1998 but with 30 nhl teams in 1998 is going to be the bomb

FYI

I'm one of the creators of the 1998 database. The modern rulesets are setup for modern databases, and I'm not aware of anyone getting a historical database to work with anything but the 2006 ruleset so far (because only the 2006 ruleset allows for editing using the old PreGame Editor and EHM Updater).....the modern rulesets will look to automatically set up the teams (leagues/divisions/affiliations) based on the modern setup they're made for, and because the historical databases don't have all of the same teams importing historical databases with modern rulesets hasn't worked successfully

The editor archibalduk is working on at TBL and/or the editor that Riz is working on should allow for what you're wanting to do in the future (but someone will still have to do the required editing...I know for myself I'll be looking to make historical databases more accurate for their start year and not looking to use modern rulesets)

5 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

thats what i ment... using that database and the 2016 ruleset once it becomes official to be able to play the new rules with old database

Cool! I just didn't want there to be any unnecessary disappointment/frustration...and glad to hear that you like the 1998 DB :)

Archived