What to do with underachivers(?)?

Say you manage a decent French side who finish 4th two years in a row. You are happy with most your players, but not your keeper who ends up with a rating of 6,68 the first season and 6,78 the next season. Your assistant manager tells you your keeper is the star player in the side and gives him 4 stars. Your team concede 45 goals in the league both seasons and your keeper has saved 72% of shoots and made one mistake that ended up in the net in the latest season.

What do you do? Do you keep him or buy a new keeper?

Well, murdering him isn't an option.....

Honestly, keeper stats only tell you so much.  If your defense is atrocious, no keeper in the world is going to keep shots out of the net.  Based solely on the information you've given us, it's impossible to say.

How does your backup keeper fare?

17 hours ago, Black and Yellow said:

I generally find that keepers don't average too high anyway - certainly not compared to outfield players. 

This. 

If a keeper is averaging more than 6.70 in FM16, he's doing well. I'd like to see player ratings more consistent across the board in FM17.  Keepers and centre halves struggled to get as good ratings as other positions I found in this year's game. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This. 

If a keeper is averaging more than 6.70 in FM16, he's doing well. I'd like to see player ratings more consistent across the board in FM17.  Keepers and centre halves struggled to get as good ratings as other positions I found in this year's game. 

I think I agree with you. The goalkeeper stays.

Archived