Initial Tactical set up

I'm playing as Aston villa and currently in the year 2020 and I've decided to start a complete new tactical set up. 

This is my thoughts I want:

2 cbs

2 wing backs providing width

a dm dropping into a back 3

2 cm

1 cam main creator, playmaker

2 strikers 

image.jpeg

When I have the ball I want the wbs providing width, the dm to hold position just in front of the cbs, the cam to be my main creator and provider to the strikers, 1 striker to be looking to run in behind through balls etc and the other supporting

and with out the ball I want the dm to drop back to create a back 3, the two wbs to be pressure men tight marking the opposition wingers

im unsure on what I want from the cm I'm thinking of a BWM as I like that roll win the ball back and play it to more creative players. Advice on cm pairing please?? 

5FD9D4E8-2DA3-4FE2-8077-9D0B5D0050D1_zps

79D9037D-CB87-4A6C-AC31-549E9B8F5AD6_zps

I'm looking for nice passing football, with through balls and the cam being my main man creator, with the option of crosses from the wbs 

will this work?  The correct roles? 

Thanks 

alex

28 minutes ago, Asmart01 said:

I'm looking for nice passing football, with through balls and the cam being my main man creator, with the option of crosses from the wbs 

will this work?  The correct roles? 

There's three things standing out to me.

1. It doesn't make sense to use a BPD + Play Out of Defence.  Who is he going to make risky passes to if told to pass short?  On Control + Fluid do you need to encourage him to be more risky with the ball?  He will need to be decent on the ball even as a DC-D.
  2. Control mentality with Fluid team shape with no possession instructions.  Nothing wrong with that but your team will be quite risky and forward thinking, depending on your interpretation of "nice passing football" the players might play forward to quickly and less likely to play lateral/backwards to recycle the ball and work for a better chance.  The WB's might not of caught up with the attack by the time its over.
  3. If the HB drops in to make a three watch to see if they are isolated from your midfield.  The CM-S and BBM-S will need to link the defence and attack.

Only one way to find out if it will work.  Looks reasonable so give it a go.  It's a lot easier to suggest changes if you've tried it and have some information on what you do/don't like happening on the field.

As JWVG says, the HB drops between central defenders when in possession.  The only player I can think of that may possibly give you what you are after is the Libero - in possession he'll be pushing ahead of the defensive line, when defending he'll drop back between the centre backs.

2 hours ago, herne79 said:

As JWVG says, the HB drops between central defenders when in possession.  The only player I can think of that may possibly give you what you are after is the Libero - in possession he'll be pushing ahead of the defensive line, when defending he'll drop back between the centre backs.

I can't find the libero???

Archived