RYB Career - A Romanian story in FM16

Andy Sava

Romanian National Team - UEFA European Football Championship 2020 - Meet the team

Goalkeepers

Ciprian Tatarusanu (Fiorentina), Silviu Lung Jr. (AFC Astra), Ionut Radu (Inter)

Defenders

Constantin Nica (Atalanta), Cristian Manea (Manchester City), Stefan Radu (Lazio), Paul Papp (FC Steaua), Vlad Chiriches (Napoli), Andrei Marc (HSV), Ionut Nedelcearu (Dinamo Buc.), Steliano Filip (Torino)

Midfielders&Attacking Midfielders

Paul Anton (Dinamo Buc.), Aurelian Margina (Dinamo Kyiv), Vlad Dragomir (Arsenal), Simone Dobre (Dinamo Buc.), Dorin Rotariu (Dinamo Buc.), Raul Oprut (Chievo), Florin Tanase (Stoke), Alexandru Maxim (Stuttgart), Nicolae Stanciu (Norwhich), Ianis Hagi (Hannover)

Strikers

Andrei Ivan (Sevilla), Robert Moldoveanu (Palermo)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romanian National Team - EUFA European Football Championship 2020 - The Tournament

Group Stage

2-2 draw against Austria - Poor game from the defense where Chiriches made a very stupid mistake (lost the ball outside the boss after a pass from the goalkeeper) that cost us a goal.

3-2 defeat against Ukraine - This tournament is over. It's the curse of the season: go up in goals just to lose the game. 

5-3 defeat against France - The epitome of complacency. And of stupid goals.

What a disappointing exit.

Romania World Cup winners in 2 years time. :D Absolutely bonkers and bloody well done.

It's all the weirdest given that in the Euros you've been struggling a bit. Doing much better with Dinamo, however.

Portugal won the European Championship again. And this happened:

56b5361902f3fb18145ee5f343f3066b.png

I guess winning the World Cup when the bookies gave us the lowest chance to win is not enough. Ah well it's been fun to be a national team manager, back to club glory for now!

Logo Dinamo București.svg

Dinamo Bucharest - 2020/2021 Season Review

The Club

Transfers | Squad | Information | Finances | Records | Best Eleven

Players are starting to come to us after our good performances in Europe in the last seasons. We managed to sign some quality players this season and we finally found a right fullback!

We started spending a bit on player contracts in order to sign better players and we started to slowly lose money throughout the season. We have to be really carefull because our main source of money is Champions League, the Liga I money isn't much and if we fail to qualify for the CL groups we might be in trouble.

Simeon Slavchev was inducted into our overall best eleven. 

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

League Table - Fixtures | Liga I Champions Playoff - Fixtures |  Season Records

Another dominant season but Steaua is starting to get close in quality. They finished 2nd and they gave us a heavy defeat at home. Might have been revenge for our 3-0 away win. It's good that they are starting to play better, maybe they can do well in Europe to increase our country coefficient. Last season we were the only team that did decently while Astra, Pandurii and Botosani didn't make the Europa League groups.

League Cup

Fixtures | Season Records

We finally won this so we can complete our nation trophies collection. Final game was against AFC Astra where they opened the score but we came back and won 3-1.

Romanian Cup

Fixtures |  Season Records

A great win against Steaua in the final considering they had a good record against us this season.

Champions League

Fixtures |  Season Records

The Champions Second Qualifying Phase was a walk in the park against Armenian champions Shirak Gyumri (3-0, 6-1). The Champions Third Qualifying Phase wasn't much of a challenge either, this time against Azerbaijan champions Qarabag Agdam (3-0, 4-0). For the Champions Playoff we got Macabi Haifa and we quickly reminded them that we are the favorites as we won the away game 3-1. They didn't gave up though and after 60 minutes in the second leg they were up 2-0. Thankfully the team got back on track and we leveled the game to finish 2-2 and qualify for the group stage.

Group Stage - The expectation were to fight with Besiktas for 3rd place. After 2 defeats against Man Utd (1-3 at home) and Porto (1-4 away) we had the first game against Besiktas at home. Simon Boyle was in sensational form scoring a hattrick and securing us a 3-1 victory. The away game didn't have the same fate and even if we kind of dominated the game we suffered a 1-2 defeat. The away game against Man Utd was a repeat of the first game and the final game at home against Porto had a sensational performance from us as we somehow smashed them 5-2

Europa League

A very quick exit in the 1st KO Round against eventual winners Liverpool (0-3, 1-3). We played really poorly, not creating many chances even if we had most of the ball. We got completely outclassed

Andy Sava's Seasonal Awards

A new way to introduce you to our best players, i present to you the Andy Sava's Season Awards for the 2020/2021 season (based on in-game stats and personal opinion).

Best Goalkeeper - Not really a competition as i don't usually rotate my keepers and always start my best one. Gica Mina was my choice for this season and he had a very good first season. He has great potential and he already got offers from teams like Man City, Man Utd or AC Milan. Played in 61 games and had 22 shutouts, finishing with an average rating of 7.05.

Best Defender - It was a tough choice but Ionut Nedelcearu had a great season at the back and he deserves it. The romanian international started in 48 games for the club and even scored 2 goals. He made a total of 285 tackles (244 won, 55 key tackles) and 711 interceptions. His passing was good with a completion ratio of 76%. His final average rating was 7.25.

Best Midfielder - Simeon Slavchev is geting this one. The bulgarian played in 61 games, scored 5 goals and created 2. His passing was solid (83% completion ratio) and his final average rating was 7.40. 

Best Attacking Midfielder - Oh god, this was the hardest choice for this awards. Most of them had a great season but one of them stood out after i looked at the stats. Nicolas Jelicanin, the 24 year old argentinian midfielder had a sensational season. He played in 60 games this season, score 14 goals and had 29 assists. He was named Player of the Match in 13 games (a new record for the club) and finished with an average rating of 8.02.

Best Striker - Dorin Rotariu. While Simon Boyle had a good season he went on an injury spree in the middle of the season. Dorin Rotariu started alot of games as a striker this season and he wins this award having scored 44 goals in 56 games. 

Best Signing of the Season - Martin Petkov, a 22 years old bulgarian player, was  signed for 2.6M Euros from Levski. He is prone to injuries according to our coaches and he was injured a few times during the season but even so he had a very good season playing in 41 games and scoring 20 goals. 

Best Young Player of the Season (21 years old or younger) - Simon Boyle is my choice. Despite his injuries he scored 20 goals in 36 games played. The other choices were Gica Mina and Antonio.

Best Youth Intake Player - Marius Cifor. A promising striker with good finishing ability. 

Top GoalscorerDorin Rotariu - 44 goals

Most AssistsNicolas Jelicanin - 29 assists

Highest Average RatingNicolas Jelicanin - 8.02 average rating

Honorable Mentions  - This are the players that came close to winning and award this year or did well over the season: Sergiu Hanca, Matus Conka, Miha Mevlja, Simone Dobre, Patrick Petre, Emir Skenderovic

The History

Club Achievements

Season   |   Liga I   |   Romanian Cup   |   League Cup   |   Champions League   |   Europa League
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16         2nd            Winners        Eighth Round             N/A                  N/A 
16/17         1st          Semifinals        Semifinals              N/A                  N/A
17/18         1st            Winners        Quarter Final        Group Stage              N/A
18/19         1st            Winners        Quarter Final     Champions Playoff    1st Knock-Out Round
19/20         1st             Final          Semifinals          Group Stage       2nd Knock-Out Round
20/21         1st            Winners           Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Our Round

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
League Cup: 2021

Career Goals

The goal is to make Dinamo Buc. the most successfull club in Romania. To achieve this goal we have to overtake Steaua in number of competitions won.

Competition       |   Steaua   |   Dinamo Buc.      
----------------------------------------------------
      Liga I               26             23
  Cupa Romaniei            21             17
    League Cup             2              1
 Champions League          1              0
   Europa League           0              0

I'm geting kind of tired of this stupid crosses. Every time the opponent has the ball on the side i can't even watch because i know there is a 90% chance they will score. Even in the league against weaker teams, if their winger or wing back gets a run with the ball it's almost a goal. And this happened with every tactic.

Can we get something different in the next game please?

Or maybe it's just me.

So i am thinking of dropping the wingers to the midfield and either play a 4-4-1-1 or put another striker in. However i still want to have a place for Jelicanin when he comes back from his injury. 

Dinamo Bucharest - 2021/2022 Season Review

The Club

We stagnated a little bit this season. From results (which were not very good) to signings we didn't really manage to go forwards this time. It's tough when the players you want don't want to join the team. And it's not that they think the club can't match their ambitions or because we can't offer them enough money no, it's because they don't think they can mantain the same lifestyle. Will this even change even if our reputation grows? I mean, lifestyle is all about the country, and even if our reputation grows the country will remain the same. Add this to the fact that it's really hard to get work permits and you have a problem. I guess i have to remain hopefull that the situation will change, otherwise winning the Champions League will be close to impossible.

Robert Moldoveanu returned to Dinamo Buc. after being released by Chelsea. He didn't manage to settle there and decided to return home. The other notable signings were Joao Pedro from Setubal and Stefan Mihajlovic from Crvena Zvezda.

Finances are still good but as we sign players with higher wages we have to make sure we get the Champions League money.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

We won the title but it was a disappointing season. Chiajna gave us a run for our money as they kept close to us and even beat us 2 times. They came 1 point away during the playoffs but we managed to run away with the title after a 6 games unbeaten run and with wins like 5-2 away against AFC Astra and 5-3 away against Chiajna. We even ended the season with a 1-0 victory against Steaua.

League Cup

A consecutive win in the League Cup but we needed extra-time to win against CSU Craiova in the final.

Romanian Cup

An embarassing quick exit in the 7th round, i'm surprised the board didn't say anything about it. And the competition was won by Steau, cuting our progress to surpass them in number of cup wins.

Champions League

It was announcing to be a tough season in Champions League from the first game we played where we lost 2-3 away against Legia. They were 3-0 up but we managed to strike back and score 2 goals. In the home game we went up 2-0 but Legia score a goal in the 86th minute and it gave us some chills down our spines. To go out so soon would have been disastrous but the game ended in a 2-1 victory and we qualified on away goals.

In the Champions Playoff against serbian champions Crvena Zvezda we lost the first game again, this time 0-1. The second game was again a little close; we were 2-0 up but in the 84th minute they scored and only needed one more goal. Simon Boyle gave us peace as he scored a goal and the game finished 3-1.

Group Stage

After the draw i thought that it was going to be a decent group but boy was i wrong. Ajax beat us both times (0-1, 0-3) and Manchester United destroyed us at Old Trafford (1-5). We managed to get 4 points from the Dynamo Kyiv double (0-0, 2-1) but they won against Man Utd and Ajax geting 7 points. Before the final day Dynamo had 7 points, Man Utd had 6 points and we had 4 points. The only way out of the group was a win at home against Man Utd, but it wasn't meant to be as they defeated us 1-2.

A way to introduce you to our best players, i present to you the Andy Sava Season Awards for the 2021/2022 season (based on in-game stats and personal opinion).

Best Goalkeeper - Gica Mina. Again the only goalkeeper i used and he had another solid season with 19 shutouts from 53 games.

Best Defender - The award goes to Ionut Nedelcearu again. He didn't play as much as last season because he was injured but in the games he played he was solid and finished with and average rating of 7.23.

Best Midfielder - By far the best midfielder this season, Simeon Slavchev scored 3 goals and created another 3 with a passing completion ratio of 81% and an average rating of 7.54.

Best Attacking Midfielder - Emir Skenderovic. The young bosnian international scored 22 goals and made 18 assists from a total of 50 games. His luck was that Rotariu got injured for 2 months at the start of the season and after that he wasn't as good as past seasons so Skenderovic was my first choice. I'm glad he delivered.

Best Striker - While he spent most of the last season injured, this season Simon Boyle was in top form scoring 26 goals in 45 games. He also got his first caps for Northern Ireland and the first goals. 

Best Signing of the Season - He got injured at the start of the season and he was out for 6 months but after he recovered Robert Moldoveanu had an amazing return scoring 15 goals in 18 games.

Best Young Player of the Season (21 years old or younger) - Joao Pedro. A new signing at Dinamo Buc., he got to play due to injuries and suspensions but he did well and showed alot of potential to be a leading defender for us.

Best Youth Intake Player - Sorin Matei. Another young striker with a bit of potential just like last year. 

Top GoalscorerSimon Boyle - 26 goals. 

Most AssistsEmir Skenderovic - 18 assists.

Highest Average Rating - Patric - 7.92 Av Rat.

Honorable Mentions  - This are the players that came close to winning an award this year or did well over the season: Lorenzo Venuti, Martin Petkov, Nicolas Jelicanin, Simone Dobre, Dorin Rotariu, Antonio

The History

Club Achievements

Season   |   Liga I   |   Romanian Cup   |   League Cup   |   Champions League   |   Europa League
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16         2nd            Winners        Eighth Round             N/A                  N/A 
16/17         1st          Semifinals        Semifinals              N/A                  N/A
17/18         1st            Winners        Quarter Final        Group Stage              N/A
18/19         1st            Winners        Quarter Final     Champions Playoff    1st Knock-Out Round
19/20         1st             Final          Semifinals          Group Stage       2nd Knock-Out Round
20/21         1st            Winners           Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Our Round
21/22         1st           7th Round          Winners           Group Stage              N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
League Cup: 2021, 2022

Career Goals

The goal is to make Dinamo Buc. the most successfull club in Romania. To achieve this goal we have to overtake Steaua in number of competitions won.

Liga I               26             24
  Cupa Romaniei            22             17
    League Cup             2              2

Dinamo Bucharest - 2022/2023 Season Review

The Club

We made great progress this season and we finally had a breaktrough in Champions League. 

Tactically we continued with the 4-2-3-1 that brought us our trophies so far with some tweaks to the player roles. We also used a 4-2-4 for the teams that i knew could counter our 4-2-3-1.

The most expensive transfer this season was Douglas, bought for 4.7M Euros from Ponte Preta. He has a italian second nationality which top help bypass a work permit. We also got a magnificent coup for the club on a free transfer: Franco Cervi, a 29 years old argentinian playmaker that played at Benfica and was released last year. 

Also, we are making good progress regarding work permits for some of the players we signed and if everything goes well we should have Jean-Baptiste Kone, Emerson Ramos, Herve Kongnyuy and Jefferson able to play by the end of next season. Very good prospects, especially Kone and Ramos. 

Following ours and Steaua's good performances in Europe, starting next season the Liga I Champions is going straight to the Champions League group stage.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

It wasn't even close. We finished the regular season 17 points ahead of AFC Astra only losing 1 game. In the Playoff we started with a 9 points difference which we extended to a massive 21 points difference only losing 1 game to AFC Astra.

League Cup

It was closer than i would have liked but we managed to get the trophy after a 1-0 final against Petrolul. 

Romanian Cup

After last year's disaster we had to have a good run this time. We won the final agains FC Viitorul 2-0.

Champions League

Fixtures |  Records

Disclaimer: I took the screenshots to late and the competition screenshot is from the new season and the records screenshot is for Modern Day.

The qualifier rounds were bussiness as usual and we got to the group stage after wins against Crvena Zvezda (3-1, 0-0) and M. Tel-Aviv (2-0, 2-1).

We were seeded 3rd for the group draw and we got a very decent group with Dynamo Kyiv, Lyon and Galatasaray. Little did i know...

Group Stage

We started the group with a victory, 2-1 at home against Galatasaray, followed by a 1-1 tie away against Lyon and a 1-2 defeat away at Dynamo Kyiv. After this things got complicated. We won our home game against Dynamo Kyiv but Galatasaray won against Lyon the same day. We suffered defeat in Turkey in our second game against Galatasaray and things were looking messy. This is how the table looked before the final day:

1st - Galatasaray - 9pts

2nd - Dinamo Buc. - 7 pts

3rd - Dynamo Kyiv - 7 pts

4th - Lyon - 5 pts

If things went wrong we could have lost it all in the final day. We were playing Lyon at home and what a game it was. It was a thriller game where we came close to losing as Lyon scored in the 73rd minute to take the lead 4-3. We didn't gave up though and we went all out scoring another 2 goals to finish the game 5-4 and qualify for the 1st KO Round from 1st place as Dynamo won against Galatasaray.

The Knock-Out Rounds

We got Porto for the 1st KO Round. We played them in the group stages before and we won our home game. This year however, even if it was pretty close, they were better and qualified after winning 3-2 in Portugal and a 1-1 tie in Romania. I think it was a good performance from us and we had the chance to qualify but it wasn't meant to be this time. 

A way to introduce you to our best players, i present to you the Andy Sava Season Awards for the 2021/2022 season (based on in-game stats and personal opinion).

Best Goalkeeper - In his third season at the club Gica Mina was solid. He finished the season with 25 shutouts and 44 goals allowed in 56 games.

Best Defender - Patric is my choice for this year even if he got 3 red cards (all were second yellows). He helped create 12 goals and scored 1 in 47 appearances with an average rating of 7.93

Best Midfielder - Still my best midfielder, Simeon Slavchev had a new highest average rating for him at the club, 7.57. A good box to box midfielder he became an icon for the club. 

Best Attacking Midfielder - Dorin Rotariu played in 49 games this season, but only 27 as starter. Still, he was our top goalscorer in Liga I scoring 21 goals in 33 games. He is very loyal to us so far even if the offers for him keep coming.

Best Striker - Simon Boyle had another injury free season and that showed in his performances scoring 28 goals for us. 

Best Signing of the SeasonFranco Cervi - He came on a free transfer from Benfica and played really well.

Best Young Player of the Season (21 years old or younger) - Joao Pedro started the season away on loan but i recalled him as we had some injury problems. 

Best Youth Intake Player - Nothing special this year with Cristi Crisan being the best of the bunch. 

Top GoalscorerSimon Boyle - 28 goals.

Most Assists - Emir Skenderovic & Martin Petkov - 16 assists. 

Highest Average RatingPatric  - 7.93

Honorable Mentions  - This are the players that came close to winning an award this year or did well over the season: Lorenzo Venuti, Robert Moldoveanu, Ionut Nedelcearu, Antonio, Pereira

The History

Club Achievements

20/21         1st            Winners           Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
21/22         1st           7th Round          Winners           Group Stage              N/A
22-23         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023

Career Goals

Liga I               26             25
  Cupa Romaniei            22             18
    League Cup             2              3

This are our result so far, and the remaining games to play: 

a40c81cf92024dd1bae95252eeddc06a.png

Milan is the worst team out of the 3 we face in groups and we managed to beat them at home. And we managed to score against Real! Seriously, Real Madrid has some great players. Luis Delgado is a beast! 

We can still qualify from the group, most likely for Europa League. We absolutely have to not lose against Milan for this though.

Dinamo Bucharest - 2023/2024 Season Review

The Club

We added another 4 players to the main squad  with 2 of them being an important part of the team.

Ruben Barbosa and Guevin Tormin joined us after their contracts with Monaco expired and they had a great season with us. The affiliation with Sloga (P) from Serbia is going really well and we will have Jean-Baptiste Kone ready to play in the next season. The other 2 players that joined us were Dani Olmo and Fabiano.

Our facilities are still looking good with impressive training facilities and good youth facilities. 

I must say this is one of my favorites saves so far, even if i'm starting to get frustrated over not geting anywhere in Champions League. It's definitely one of the more challenging saves i've done lately.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

We destroyed Liga I this season with our only defeat coming in the Playoff against ASA Tirgu Mures.

League Cup

3rd League Cup trophy in a row after a victory against ACS Poli.

Romanian Cup

We managed to choke again in the Romanian Cup and we gave Steaua the chance to go and win another trophy, which they did.

Champions League

Fixtures |  Records

Thankfully this should be my last season playing in the qualifiers. Starting this season Liga I champions go straight to the group stage.  It was a pretty straightforward preliminary round and we qualified after victories against Partizan and Legia

Group Stage

We got a hell of a group this year with Real Madrid, Man Utd and Milan. We won against Milan at home 2-0 but lost the followin games, 0-2 against Manchester United, 0-3 and 1-2 against Real Madrid. The last two games were ties against Milan (1-1) and Manchester United (3-3). 

We finished 3rd and qualified for Europa League.

Europa League

Fixtures | Records

A way to introduce you to our best players, i present to you the Andy Sava Season Awards for the 2023/2024 season (based on in-game stats and personal opinion).

Best Goalkeeper - He finished with 29 shutouts in 55 games played this season but Gica Mina had a little outburst after i refused to let him join Newcastle. He got over it in the end and is now happy to stay at Dinamo. 

Best Defender - Ruben Barbosa. The new signing has made a name for himself from the first season at a club with 19 assists and 3 goals in 53 games with an average rating of 7.92

Best Midfielder - Who else beside Simeon Slavchev. He is still my best midfielder but this could change next season with Kone available. Slavchev scored 8 goals and had 7 assists in his 51 games played this season.

Best Attacking Midfielder - New signing Guevin Tormin takes it this season. He didn't get a new contract at Monaco and his agent offered him to us. We rejected him at first but the agent approached us again. I offered him a contract this time and he repayed us with 19 goals and 12 assists this season.

Best Striker - Dorin Rotariu had a comeback after his somewhat poor last season (for his standards) and he was back in form. 37 goals and 9 assists and an average rating of 7.40 in 55 games. Simon Boyle had alot of injury problems this season and didn't play much. 

Best Signing of the SeasonGuevin Tormin

Best Young Player of the Season (21 years old or younger, must have played in the first team) - N/A

Best Youth Intake Player - Silviu Niculae

Top GoalscorerDorin Rotariu - 37

Most Assists - Ruben Barbosa - 19

Highest Average RatingPatric - 8.18

Honorable Mentions  - This are the players that came close to winning an award this year or did well over the season: Franco Cervi, Martin Petkov, Emir Skenderovic, Ilija Tumbakovic, Robert Moldoveanu, Douglas, Antonio, Pereira

The History

Club Achievements

20/21         1st            Winners           Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
22/23         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
23/24         1st           Semifinals         Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

Career Goals

Liga I               26             26
  Cupa Romaniei            23             18
    League Cup             2              4

Andy, that World Cup win, fantastic! Shame about the Euros afterwards, but winning the World Cup with Romania in 2018 is an outstanding achievement.

Winning the CL with Dinamo is going to be a tough challenge however, and I think to outdo Steaua you'd have to do it twice ;). Best of luck!!

5 hours ago, Andy Sava said:

Disaster has struck

6395d9d309b7ebcdae05b592a8d52f07.png

Without the Champions League money things will only get worse.

That's not good.:( It's not a shameful end in the European competitions, but I don't think they might hit "under administration" soon.

By the way, I will be glad if you could have go back to coach Romania ever since you made better in the World Cup.

4 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

That's not good.:( It's not a shameful end in the European competitions, but I don't think they might hit "under administration" soon.

By the way, I will be glad if you could have go back to coach Romania ever since you made better in the World Cup.

I don't want to give up on Dinamo yet. I'll give it another season and see what happens. Even if it's going to be a very boring season. Without European competitions to keep us busy we won't have fitness problems and it should be a very easy season in Liga I.

As far as Romania goes, i'll have another go before ending the save. I really want to give it a try in the European Championship. 

Dinamo Bucharest - 2024/2025 Season Review

The Club

We now have the most Liga I titles, having won our 27th this season. However, disaster has struck as we failed to comply with financial fair play regulations for Europe and got suspended for a season. I just hope we can get through the next season without suffering to many losses. It was hard enough to keep up in Champions League and this is not helping. FC Viitorul were the winners from this as they will now go to the group stage as they finished 2nd in Liga I and our spot went to them.

We finally got Kone eligible to play in Romania. And we lost him in the winter for 7.5M Euros which was his minimum release clause. I'll have to be carefull with Emerson Ramos, i don't want to lose him. 

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

We had to work for it this season. A poor start of the season had us running to catch up to 1st place. We got back into form in the end and even if we lost to Steaua in the Playoff we finished 1st and won our 27th Liga I title.

League Cup

It's our fifth League Cup in a row. It's quite easy to win as you don't play to many games.

Romanian Cup

Another dissapointing season in the Romanian Cup.

Champions League

Fixtures |  Records

It was soooooooo good not having to play in the qualifiers.

Group Stage

The draw wasn't to bad,we got Leverkusen, Tottenham and Real Madrid.

We had an amazing start, winning 1-0 at home to Leverkusen and 3-2 in England against Tottenham. Then came the Real Madrid and while they beat us both times, 1-3 and 0-1, the home game was the closest i got to getting a good result against them. A 0-0 tie against Leverkusen and a 2-0 win against Tottenham secured the 2nd place in the group for us.

The Knock-Out Rounds

We got Liverpool and they beat us 0-2 at home. The second game was a really frustrating one. We scored 2 times in the first 16 minutes but Dani Olmo and Antonio actually made me want to go in the game and punch them in the face when they both got sent off in the span of 10 minutes. Needless to say Liverpool was all over us and we couldn't hold on, losing the game 2-3. Such a shame as i feel that if we qualified for the next round the extra money could have helped us comply with the financial fair play  regulations.

Season's Best Eleven

86d06386f78cd6961867214393fb88ab.png

GK - Gica Mina<51 Apps, 52 Goals Allowd, 18 Shutouts, 7.00 Av Rat>

DR - Patric - <38 Apps, 18 Assists, 2 PoM, 8.01 Av Rat>

DC - Ilija Tumbakovic - <28(10) Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.39 Av Rat>

DC - Antonio<45 Apps, 6 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.26 Av Rat>

DL - Ruben Barbosa<44 Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.66 Av Rat>

MC - Pereira - <31(7) Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.36 Av Rat>

MC - Simeon Slavchev<29(7) Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.43 Av Rat>

AMR - Guevin Tormin - <28(11) Apps, 14 Goals, 9 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.62 Av Rat>

AMC - Dani Olmo - <33(6) Apps, 6 Goals, 9 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.56 Av Rat>

AML - Martin Petkov<39(3) Apps, 8 Goals, 11 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.50 Av Rat>

ST - Simon Boyle<28(6) Apps, 26 Goals, 3 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.42 Av Rat>

Substitutes

DC - Ionut Nedelcearu<5(17) Apps, 6.95 Av Rat>

DC - Douglas<37(5) Apps, 2 Goals, 7.00 Av Rat>

MC - Jean-Baptiste Kone<29 Apps, 2 Goals, 5 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.90 Av Rat> - No longer at the club

AMC - Franco Cervi<14(23) Apps, 4 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.13 Av Rat>

AMR - Emir Skenderovic - <24(8) Apps, 6 Goals, 8 Assists, 7.41 Av Rat>

ST - Dorin Rotariu<39(8) Apps, 25 Goals, 9 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

ST - Robert Moldoveanu<2(4) Apps, 6.58 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

22/23         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
23/24	      1st          Semifinals          Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
24/25         1st           7th Round          Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025

Career Goals

Liga I               26             27
  Cupa Romaniei            23             18
    League Cup             2              5

And another one 

7c98887d86d0a831a664e7cea390631b.png

I sold him because the offer was quite decent for us and i don't need him to win the title. By the end of the season i will have Franca ready to play for us anyway.

I also succeded in geting Emerson Ramos on a contract without a minimum release fee. He is one of the few players i really don't want to lose.

Dinamo Bucharest - 2024/2025 Season Review

The Club

It's been a tough season as we had to let go to many of our players in order to be sure we won't be going down financially and we'll pass the next fair play period.

Emerson Ramos finally made his debut for us and he lived up to the hype. He also got his first cap for Brazil.

Overall i'm happy with how the season ended and the players we managed to keep.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

Almost finished the season unbeaten, only losing in the playoff against AFC Astra. 

League Cup

Even easier this year as we didn't have to worry about resting our players.

Romanian Cup

We got past our poor performances in the last 2 years in the cup and won our 19th Romanian Cup trophy.

Season's Best Eleven

d14387fe45b8df023d0aeca03f1ca431.png  

GK - Herve Kongnyuy<29 Apps, 15 goals Allowed, 18 Shutouts, 6.98 Av Rat>

DR - Patric - <38 Apps, 4 Goals, 10 Assists, 6 PoM, 8.14 Av Rat>

DC - Ilja Tumbakovic<30(11) Apps, 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.36 Av Rat>

DC - Douglas<37 Apps, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.29 Av Rat>

DL - Ruben Barbosa<38(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.99 Av Rat>

MC - Pereira<42(2) Apps, 7 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.77 Av Rat>

MC - Simeon Slavchev<43 Apps, 1 Goal, 4 Assists, 7.76 Av Rat>

AMR - Guevin Tormin<45(1) Apps, 12 Goals, 23 Assists, 10 PoM, 7.85 Av Rat>

AMC - Franco Cervi<31(13) Apps, 18 Goals, 14 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.74 Av Rat>

AML - Martin Petkov<36 Apps, 8 Goals, 12 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.76 Av Rat>

ST - Emerson Ramos<42(1) Apps, 41 Goals, 18 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.91 Av Rat>

Substitutes

GK - Gica Mina<18 Apps, 7 Goals Allowed, 13 Shutouts, 7.07 Av Rat>

DC - Antonio<22(5) Apps, 3 Goals, 1 PoM, 7.57 Av Rat> - No longer at the club

MC - Cristian Spataru<11(16) Apps, 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.33 Av Rat>

AMC - Aca Sonic - <19(13) Apps, 11 Goals, 2 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.42 Av Rat>

ST - Dorin Rotariu - <7(25) Apps, 12 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.01 Av Rat>

DL - Ousmane Fofana<9(11) Apps, 2 Assists, 7.52 Av Rat>

ST - Simon Boyle<4(13) Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 6.66 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

23/24	      1st          Semifinals          Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
24/25         1st           7th Round          Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
25/26         1st            Winners           Winners               N/A                  N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023, 2026
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026

Career Goals

Liga I               26             28
  Cupa Romaniei            23             19
    League Cup             2              6

Dinamo Bucharest - 2025/2026 Season Review

The Club

We did well to bounce back from a difficult last season where we struggled to keep our finances ok. We had to let Aca Sonic go as Arsenal matched his minimum fee release clause but his departure in the winter break didn't hurt us to much. 

Damian Foley got his work permit after starting for his national team but he didn't get much playtime due to the good form from Emerson Ramos.

I recieved a record transfer fee of 27M Euros for Franca but rejected it. I won't get anywhere in Champions League if i sell my best players. As long as we are ok financially our best players will stay at the club.

Unfortunatelly, because of our absence from Europe for 1 season, Romania's coefficient went down and we lost the guaranteed CL group stage spot. We will have to go through the qualifiers again next season.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

The other teams can't really keep up with us on the long run anymore. Yes, we might lose a game or two or have a surprising draw but in the end we will still win the title. Other Liga I teams are not as consistent.

League Cup

We have been a bit fortunate to keep the run going. Steaua had some great chances in the final but we scored the winning goal in the final minute of extra-time with a wonderfull finish from Cristian Spataru.

Romanian Cup

Second in a row after a final against ASA Tirgu Mures. 

Champions League

Fixtures | Season Records

Group Stage

We returned to the Champions League with a victory at home against Shakhtar. The game that followed was against Celtic at Celtik Park, we scored first but couldn't keep the lead and the game ended in a 1-1 draw. I didn't have many expectations from our Man City double and it showed in our 0-3 defeat in England. The home game was much closer and we almost lost it after taking the lead twice. Emerson Ramos completed his hattrick and ended the game 3-3.

We destroyed Shakhtar in the away game with a 5-1 victory and finished the group in 2nd place after a 2-0 win at home against Celtic.

The Knock-Out Rounds

We got Manchester United and the future in the competition didn't look so bright. Manchester United have done very good in this save, they won CL 3 times and finished runners-up a few times too.

However, after 52 minutes in the first game we were 2-0 up with 2 goals from Emerson Ramos. Manchester United went all out after our second goal and, after Iulian Ferfelea was sent off in the 84th minute, they finally managed to score in the final minute of the game ending the game 2-1.

I don't think i ever had my hopes and dreams completely destroyed like in the second game against Man Utd. I wasn't hoping to win again but atleast try to hang on. Not even a chance against a magnificent Ze Gomes who scored 4 goals and we were demolished in a 0-7 defeat.

Season's Best Eleven

90069aa7e81d855713d27bfc59715592.png   

GK - Herve Kongnyuy<53 Apps, 40 Goals Allowed, 29 Shutouts, 7.04 Av Rat>

DR - Patric<36(9) Apps, 3 Goals, 11 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.70 Av Rat>

DC - Ilija Tumbakovic<53 Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.60 Av Rat>

DC - Iulian Ferfelea<30(16) Apps, 1 Goal, 7.24 Av Rat>

DL - Ruben Barbosa<47 Apps, 11 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.93 Av Rat>

MC - Franca<55 Apps, 13 Goals, 15 Assists, 9 PoM, 8.22 Av Rat>

MC - Pereira<54 Apps, 4 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.57 Av Rat>

AMR - Guevin Tormin<42(3) Apps, 20 Goals, 11 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.72 Av Rat>

AMC - Aca Sonic<27(2) Apps, 7 Goals, 11 Assists, 9 PoM, 8.18 Av Rat> - No longer at the club

AML - Martin Petkov<50(1) Apps, 18 Goals, 17 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.77 Av Rat>

ST - Emerson Ramos<44(7) Apps, 34 Goals, 12 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.51 Av Rat>

Substitutes

GK - Gica Mina<2 Apps, 1 Goal Allowed, 1 Shutout, 7.15 Av Rat>

DC - Douglas<40(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 7.10 Av Rat>

MC - Cristian Spataru<22(21) Apps, 2 Goals, 5 Assists, 7.45 Av Rat>

AMR - Dorin Rotariu0(32) Apps, 6 Goals, 1 Assist, 6.77 Av Rat>

ST - Simon Boyle<4(20) Apps, 4 Goals, 6.86 Av Rat>

DL - Ousmane Fofana<12(7) Apps, 3 Assists, 7.61 Av Rat>

ST - Damian Foley<12(4) Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 7.02 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

25/26         1st            Winners           Winners               N/A                  N/A
26/27         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027

Career Goals

Liga I               26             29
  Cupa Romaniei            23             20
    League Cup             2              7

Archived