Family connections for newgens

Gangor

I'd quite like to see some newgens being the children of or siblings of other players or staff. I suppose you'd have to restrict this to both sides of the relationship being fictional players like they do with some negative personalities, but I think it could add a level of interest and realism which is currently missing. It would be quite fun to find that my new signing Joe Bloggs has a sister Jane who is a physio I can then hire. 

To expand on Cougar's post, real players and staff can already have newgen brothers, as can other newgens for that matter. Real staff members can also have newgen sons, although this is very rare. To give an example, I once managed against a team whose goalkeeper was the newgen son of the manager.

I would, though, like to see more newgen brothers springing up at different clubs (i.e. Matthew Willock at Manchester United, and his younger siblings Chris and Joe at Arsenal). I don't know if it's possible for newgens to have sons yet, but I would like to see that also.

In fact, I think there should a slightly higher ratio of newgens with family connections in general. We're seeing more and more sons of famous (and not so famous) footballers come into the game (e.g. Kluivert, van der Sar, Zidane, Maldini, Keown, Barmby, et cetera) and FM could perhaps reflect that a little better.

Archived