[FM16] More than Malé: a Youth-Only challenge in the Maldives

The_Gato_In_Goal

Giving the new players a good start to play in Red Line and I hope these players are awesome! Hope you get another spot at the Asian Champions League!

In South Asia, did Maldives participated the SAFF Championship? If so, did they win the titles for them? Also, I would like to see who's ahead and behind in the recent FIFA Rankings because now Maldives rose quickly, I think there will be 5% of a chance to win the World Cup.

Keep up the good work!:D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

Giving the new players a good start to play in Red Line and I hope these players are awesome! Hope you get another spot at the Asian Champions League!

In South Asia, did Maldives participated the SAFF Championship? If so, did they win the titles for them? Also, I would like to see who's ahead and behind in the recent FIFA Rankings because now Maldives rose quickly, I think there will be 5% of a chance to win the World Cup.

Keep up the good work!:D

No SAFF championship for some reason even though there are other Asian region championships. And here are your list of rankings. We're now down to 35th, and the biggest surprise is probably Uzbekistan in 26th. Odd since they have no players abroad.

zuucuEA.png?1

cIBlnT7.png?1

We managed to take the ACL game to extra time, but eventually did enough at home to see of Adelaide. In the league we actually tied twice due to a bad performance and all our players being away on international duty.

yA1kWtw.png?1

Speaking of international duty... Next update should be the group stages, but that's a very tough group.

• 6 months later...

Bet nobody saw this coming... Anyways Ihaven't been able to get into FM 17 much and I didn't want to wait for the new one to come out, so I've been playing this save and I figured I might as well keep everybody updated on it. 

It's been 3 years in game since I last updated so I'll go through what I can. Remember that World Cup? Let's just say that the rest of the world reminded us that we're the Maldives. We did tie a game though.

tJR6LWD.png?1

Since then, we bowed out unceremoniously to a UAE side in a game we really should've won and then we breezed through the first round of WCQ and have a decent chance at making it to our second ever World Cup.

xGEpxpP.png?1

VaQHOQw.png?1rgwMtuR.png?1LdmSvvj.png?1

Club wise I won't bother with screenshots for the league since we haven't lost a game in the last 59 matches which is like 4.5 years. Cups we sometimes win depending on whether all of our players are on international duty or not for the finals. And of course we still haven't managed to win the ACL losing in the finals once and the quarterfinals once since we left off, making it 3 finals in 4 years with no wins.

WJyDvKp.png?1

uzoJrym.png?1

biH2D4k.png?1

And of course everybody has forgotten our players (except Ahmed Ibrahim (09a) how could anyone forget him), so here's a list of our current players including the few we've gotten from the last 2 intakes (nothing special).

Nihal Mohamed (12a)

Hussain Ibrahim (10a)

Ismael Saeed (10b)

Hussain Ahmed

Moosa Ibrahim (18b) *New*

Haidhar Ahmed (08a)

Ismael Rasheed

Ali Waheed

Ahmed Nashid

Ali Rasheed (17a)

Assad Ali (14a)

Ahmed Mamnoon (08c)

Asham Areesh (16a)

Ahmed Manik (18a) *New*

Ahmed Majeed (19a) *New*

Ahmed Ayaaz Adam (16b)

Ahmed Ali (08b)

Ahmed Ahmed (13a) Sums up the diverse name pool for Maldivian regens

Abadh Rasheed (16c)

Abdulla Maaiz Nasheed (17b)

Abdulla Ismail *New*

And of course the golden boy himself who rejected a new deal from Freiburg and joined Borussia Mönchengladbach instead.

EkcbFYc.png?2

Unspectacular. This was the first intake after I was able to finally upgrade my youth recruitment from Limited after 20 years.

Ahmed Riyaz (20a) looks good technically, but he further extends the apparent fact that Maldivians are short. My center backs are 5'9'', 5'7", and now 5'6'' (I also have a 6'5'' one so maybe it's just that Maldivians like to be extreme)

Ahmed Mohamed (20b) is another GK

And this ACL campaign blessed me by avoiding all Korean and Australian teams until I played Suwon in the finals, a rematch of the 2032 season where I lost 5-4  on agg.

Spoiler

YJrBqMg.png?1

Still haven't beat Suwon, but as you can see we were able to get 2 goals and a draw away from home which means any win at home or a 0-0 or 1-1 will see us crowned as champions.

Switched the tactic to counter from attacking and it did us well as we had 4 CCC to their 1 while having 7 shots to their 24.

Spoiler

FvL0ohp.png?1

We are champions of Asia at last!!!!! Despite actually beating Suwon at all we managed to hold onto a 1-1 draw and squeak out a win on away goals. Not the manner I'd dreamed of in an ACL win.

For this one, I doubled down on defense and put our AMC as a DC and parked the bus. No chances at all for us basically, but we stole one from Haidhar Ahmed (09a), the elder on our team at 29.

Spoiler

3K8HyO8.png?1

Here's the ACL run which started shaky with 4 draws and then picked up conceding one goal total in the knockout stages before the finals. As you can see, we got very lucky with our opponents and lucky that Haidhar Ahmed (08a) stayed healthy the entire season. Also, that means that club and country were both undefeated across all competitions. Pretty impressive.

56 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Fantastic result.

If you don't could you post an overview of your facilities and finances. I' curious to see how far clubs in Nations like Maldives can go as far as upgrades.

Our ability to produce and train good players is almost maxed out except for youth recruitment. The last training facilities upgrade will finish in May of next year and I don't use the youth facilities or youth squads, so I'm only upgrading them now since I have the money. We were sitting at around 2M for the last 4 or so years until our reputation must have hit that threshold (allowing for a youth recruitment upgrade), since we suddenly were doubling our sponsorship money and whatnot in the last 2 years. We don't get any TV money or money from the league, and we got just under 1M for winning the ACL, but that's no guarantee. Due to the low costs of running the club, we've been able to stockpile money recently. 

Spoiler

zmCITu1.png?1

kOwYOPr.png?1

Thanks for the overview.

I read recently that the Asian Champions League Prize money has improved to about 2.5 million for the winner. It's possible it was announced after this FM was released. But great progress still.

The World Club cup should add more. Not that you need it :thup:

8E5fN2z.png?1kBi157m.png?1 

Scary scenes as a bunch of injuries to key players showed us how thin the squad actually is. In the group stages stealing a point in the 90+2 minute at home to Al-Jazira seemed to be what took us through. In the knockout stages, it was 82nd and 89th minute goals to narrowly go through on away goals. Much improvement is needed once we face a Korean team.

Spoiler

ejUggY4.png

As you can see, we managed to get Jeonbuk in the finals of the ACL this year. Dominated in the first leg, but we were able to snag a away goal and hold them to only one.

Spoiler

rlj0gQs.png

In an attempt to force them to keep more players back and be able to break more regularly, we played 3 up front (also my star winger was injured). We were about to lose 3-2 on agg, when I guess our strikers took advantage of their tired defense and scored 4 times in the last 20 minutes.

Spoiler

oO6iiJN.png?1

More losses than I would've liked, but can't complain with another title.

Also, it seems ACL wins are what we need to increase our reputation as now we have our second Youth Recruitment upgrade in 2 years. Only fairly basic, but it's an improvement

mv1WV3F.png?1

The national side had a freindly against Cambodia which we won 4-0. Other than that, I gave the team a break (or decided against friendlies to keep my players for the end of the season) and our ranking dropped from a record high of 6th all the way to 18th. We hen got the World Cup draw, and considering we were seeded as a #2 team, it's pretty tough.

SGLhAUH.png?1

Archived