taking over newly promoted team

In my journeyman save I just took over Dorchester Town who won promotion to the Vanarama South. When I took over the club they had 9 players in the first team and no staff. Having never taken over a team promoted from the non playayble leagues is this normal? In real life I'm sure they'd retain their staff and more players?

It's very normal to have no staff and very few players. Partly because there isn't as much non-league research and partly because of the size of the database you're running.

I beleive that there is a EDT file that makes the game keep the staff and players for non-league clubs, but that's too late for you.

Just spend time lookng for the best staff you can get, but you won't be able to get many coaches in at that level.

LLM tip I discovered this year: when you start with a newly-promoted side and the cupboard is bare, and you can't find a decent and affordable staff, set the chairman under "Staff responsibilities" to hire needed staff. It's quicker than advertising for staff and the chairman will negotiate an affordable contract (better than you probably can). And since they're likely a one-year contract, you can always replace then at the end of the season if they don't work out. TREMENDOUS time-saver.

LLM tip I discovered this year: when you start with a newly-promoted side and the cupboard is bare, and you can't find a decent and affordable staff, set the chairman under "Staff responsibilities" to hire needed staff. It's quicker than advertising for staff and the chairman will negotiate an affordable contract (better than you probably can). And since they're likely a one-year contract, you can always replace then at the end of the season if they don't work out. TREMENDOUS time-saver.

A good idea although I didn't have too much of a problem acquiring my staff. I guess I could've been a little more stingy with their contracts, but oh well.

Alot of teams also release a huge number of players each year in the lower leagues, very common to have a different side season after season.

Yea I figured that's what it probably was since most teams do major overhauls when being promoted/relegated. I wasn't sure though how much being promoted from a non playable league had to do with it too though.

Cool, Dorchester Town .. a thread about them comes once every 200 years. I wonder which staff a chairman would go for, does he/she look at staff attributes?

hehe nice username. For what it's worth I looked up their players IRL and sadly none of them made the jump up to Conference :(

I'll make Dorchester Town proud, don't worry! :)

Archived