Changing the colour and/or shade of Key Attributes for Role highlight in FMT/C?

BoxToBox

Is it possible?

db931dff8beb03e5f8f26ea006306371.png

You can see here, it's only a bit darker than normal, and kind of hard to see. Last year it added a green tint that made it clear as day. Is it possible to change that tint yourself? I've spent all morning looking at extracted xmls, but haven't noticed what I need to edit. I'm assuming it'd be in the player attributes xml?

They can be edited in a couple of ways.

If you look in 'skins\fmc\panels\player attributes panel.xml' there will be some lines like this near the top:

<flags id="required_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/suggested attributes/required/row"/>

<flags id="preferred_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/suggested attributes/preferred/row"/>

<flags id="not_important_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/filled/normal/row"/>

You can either change them to point to a different table row graphic, or you can follow them to the actual graphics which will be located in skins\fmc\graphics\tables\...

In there will be a graphic and an xml file, in the xml file will be the following code:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="filled_row_normal"/>

<colour id="green_replacement" name="filled_row_edge_normal"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name="preferred_attribute"/>

If you change red_replacement colour to a different colour that will recolour the main part of the row, if you want it all one colour like last year then you can either recreate the graphic in one colour or just set each of the replacement values to the same value.

You can also just change the actual RGB values of those colour names in the settings file, however the filled_row_normal colour is likely to be the one used for most rows in the game not just the highlighted attributes.

They can be edited in a couple of ways.

If you look in 'skins\fmc\panels\player attributes panel.xml' there will be some lines like this near the top:

<flags id="required_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/suggested attributes/required/row"/>

<flags id="preferred_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/suggested attributes/preferred/row"/>

<flags id="not_important_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/filled/normal/row"/>

You can either change them to point to a different table row graphic, or you can follow them to the actual graphics which will be located in skins\fmc\graphics\tables\...

In there will be a graphic and an xml file, in the xml file will be the following code:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="filled_row_normal"/>

<colour id="green_replacement" name="filled_row_edge_normal"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name="preferred_attribute"/>

If you change red_replacement colour to a different colour that will recolour the main part of the row, if you want it all one colour like last year then you can either recreate the graphic in one colour or just set each of the replacement values to the same value.

You can also just change the actual RGB values of those colour names in the settings file, however the filled_row_normal colour is likely to be the one used for most rows in the game not just the highlighted attributes.

Fantastic, I have it now, thank you very much!

• 1 year later...

It should be controlled by the 'player attributes comparison panel' xml file, same instructions as above to change it. If you are using FM17 file will be in panels\player folder and if you are using the Touch mode you might need to extract the touch specific files which are separate this year.

13 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It should be controlled by the 'player attributes comparison panel' xml file, same instructions as above to change it. If you are using FM17 file will be in panels\player folder and if you are using the Touch mode you might need to extract the touch specific files which are separate this year.

Thanks, that did the trick. I already had a look at it before, but my mistake was that I extracted panels.fmf from the full fat instead of the touch version.

Archived