Regensburgese, Solo Gioventù. (Roughly translated as Regensburg Italian Chapter, Youth Only).

Jimbokav1971

I have a special shortlist for players that have come through our academy, subsequently left, and who I might be interested in re-signing.

SMR%20Shortlist%20Sep%202027_zpsho8mwjfj.png

One of the players on this list, Marco Dolcini (SMR) is actually a 16yo striker at Udinese. He came through the youth team at Sammarinese club Tre Fiori so it will not be possible for me to sign him. The reason he is on this list is simply so I can keep track of him to see how he develops. For Udinese to sign him there must be something about him, so it's worth keeping an eye on him.

You will notice that Diawara (GUI) (F.Amb), is currently without a club after spending the last 12 seasons at Bologna, (the last 3 in Serie A), where he is on the favoured personnel list. I am trying everything to sign him, (our top earner is earning £1,500pw and we have offered Diawara £4,000pw to try and get him). He doesnn't want to drop back down and play in Serie B, but we are so limited with the players we can sign that it seems ok to splash the cash. (I'm just hoping that nobody has a highest earner clause at the club).

If I manage to sign him then I will post a pic showing his profile and also his history agai to prove that he did indeed come through our academy.

You might also be wondering at the wisdom of releasing youngster (20e) Maggio (F.Det) on a free when he has 2.5PA stars, but he didn't have when I released him and as he was Italian rather than Sammarinese I decided to just let him go. If my scouts are sure that I have made a mistake then I will try and re-sign him. The problem is that he is actually 24 years old already and just hasn't progressed.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diawara (GUI) (F.Det) has finally signed.

SMR%20Diawara%20GUI%20F.Amb%20Profile%20Sep%202027_zps1s0nknw6.png

The only problem is that the registration window is closed so he cannot play in the league until January. :rolleyes:

We will have paid him £56,000 by the time he is eligible to play for us. :eek:

Proofage to show that he came through our academy and I am ok to sign him.

SMR%20Diawara%20GUI%20F.Amb%20History%20Sep%202027_zps3ctypceq.png

How does Valli feel about not being allowed to go to the likes of Barcelona?

Both Valli and Rossini had the hump (not surprisingly), but even before the end of the transfer windows that had told the media that they were happy to stay.

All I did was tell them that the initial bid wasnt big enough. It all seemed a but easy if you ask me. Both are regular starters and both playing INT football already and both support the club, (I think), but I do feel that I got away a little lightly.

We will have to see what happens at the end of the season.

Unreal prices for some of your youth players. There were a few superb AMC's generated within 2 or 3 seasons, hopefully you cashed in nicely on them. Love the career so far, I'd like to see you try bringing Fabio back to San Marino though. Is he still eligible for SNM NT, I think he had dual nationality, but does playing for Italy's U21 change anything?

It is a lot of money, but I'm not actually sure how good they are, (or will be).

Is it realistic that we have produced some decent players? Yes I think it is. We are in the 2nd Top Division in one of the best leagues in the World and the save has been going for 13 seasons. Interestingly, the 2 seasons before I joined produced pretty decent players and I would have loved for this to continue.

In the following years we have produced Fabio (2023), Rossini (2024) & Valli (2025). The rest have all been pretty average or below average and the last 2 seasons intake hasn't been great and I'm still desperate for a striker.

Rossini and Valli are both good Serie B players, and will play in Serie A I'm sure.

20 year old Fabio (2023) has been capped 4 times by (ITA) U21's, but not yet capped at senior level. Although he had a Pro personality with me initially, he is now Resolute, but certainly seems ambitious too looking at his short and long-term plans. He is classed as a Wonderkid, but certainly isn't pulling up any trees at Genoa.

SMR%20Fabio%20Personal%20Feb%202028_zpsd4f0dp4h.png

SMR%20Fabio%20Nationality%20Feb%202028_zpsbborlp5f.png

SMR%20Fabio%20History%20Feb%202028_zpsg9drt7hw.png

The problem is that Genoa have been playing him in Serie A as an AMC, (not sure of role), and I think he is more suited to playing out wide. I just don't think he has either the technical's or mental's to play centrally at that level and Genia are mid-table as a result.

SMR%20Fabio%20Feb%202028_zpsbn8xpbcm.png

I will always try to bring the stars back to the club and I have recently signed 2 of the 5 that got away.

SMR%20Transfers%20In%202028_zps23m0zobe.png

SMR%20Diawara%20Feb%202028_zps0torkxwr.png

SMR%20Diawara%20History%20Feb%202028_zpssdzy5w18.png

I signed Diawara after the Transfer Window closed which was a right pain. It means that I have been paying his wages and getting nothing in return. He is about to make his debut.

SMR%20Marino%20Feb%202028_zpsqpxpyg70.png

SMR%20Marino%20History%20Feb%202028_zpsloaukbyo.pngl

I actually don't like Marino as a player. He is a bit of a utility back and I don't like his attribute balance at all. Having said that, he's decent at some level and is better than others that I have available and are featuring. I just have to try and get the best out of him. I have been playing him at left back in recent games due to an injury to both 1st and 2nd choice left backs, but it hasn't proved successful.

That means that there are now just 3 left on the "one's that got away" list.

SMR%20Transfer%20Targets%20Feb%202028_zpsczeboane.png

So far in this save I have received a total of £145,000 from player sales.

Over the same period I have paid a total of £110,000 to agents. :(

Youth Day 2028.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202028_zpszsclrsj3.png

There are a few discussion/talking points here.

1. We obviously have 2 decent prospects promoted. Whether that says more about the lack of ability of our current players or the potential of these new youngsters remain to be seen. As I think I have some decent players at the club, it does at least suggest that things are on the up.

2. Our best player is again an attacking player, but once again it's not a striker and thing are getting proper desperate now. I am pretty sure that we would be doing considerably better if we had a proper striker at the club. If we don't get one promoted in the next 2 seasons I think I might have to go strikerless and just play a 2nd AMC or something.

3. I would say that we have 6 reasonable players and the rest are really not worth anything at all.

4. Of the 4 players with very good determination attributes from the outset, 3 of them are our best 3 players, (rated by PA).

5. Of the 5 best players, (rated by PA), 4 of them are eligible for (SMR).

5. Really surprisingly, we don't have a single player at 6'0". That's astonishing!

6. Our best player looks like this, (remember that I mean best by PA rather than CA).

(28a) Molinari (SMR) Det (2028).

SMR%20Molinari%202028_zpsnojshxng.png

(28b) Ivo (Amb).

SMR%20Ivo_zps73wiklfb.png

7. It's obvious that I'm looking for a striker and although one of the top 2 weren't a striker, I was at least a little bit pleasantly surprised when I saw this bloke's finishing attribute.

(28e) Jader (SMR) (F.Sport).

SMR%20Jader_zpsbrs9sba7.png

He's not brilliant, but if I use him correctly and get the ball to him in the right areas, he should be able to stick the ball in the back of the net.

So.... up to this stage of the save I have been keeping the better players at the club for as long as possible, and rather than selling them before they enter the last year of their contract, I have been just keeping them until the expiry of their contract and then letting them go on a free.

When we first started the players were much of a muchness and it really didn't matter, but now we have a few stars and one of these players staying for the extra season could make the difference between relegation and safety, (or even looking upwards a little, playoffs or not).

(24a) Rossini (SMR) (F.Sport) (2024) is the player who is making me consider my options.

SMR%20Rossini%20Apr%202028_zpscohbpspi.png

There are a number of clubs interested in him, and off the top of my head, I think that I have had bids in the region of £1.5M for him in the past.

SMR%20Rossini%20Interest%20Apr%202028_zpsz6ipagar.png

Although he is only 19 years old, he has already served his time with us and I think he more than deserves his move. As a (SMR) player rather than an (ITA) one, I'm keen not to stand in his way and let him hopefully reach his potential somewhere else. As usual, I would hope to bring him back "home" again at some point in the future. Selling him on to a Serie A club would surely sit better with him than me making him see out his contract here and then letting him go on a free. I've got to think about my relationship with him if I want him to potentially return one day.

SMR%20Rossini%20History%20Apr%202028_zpsjnhfxv9e.png

The other option of course is that I sell him to someone like Roma in Serie A, but then add in as part of the deal that he returns to us on loan. I "think" how it works is that he van only return for the length of time that he was contracted with us for, (so in this case because he has 1 year left on his contract he could return for 1 season, but if he had 2 years remaining on his contract then I could ask for him to return for 2 years.

Actually, I've just tried to offer him out and it won't allow me to add in a loan-back length. I'm guessing that that means that the loan-back length is the length of contract remaining minus 1 year. ??? Right???

As a result I am going to push the price right up and see if I can eke out as much as possible. I think I;ve decided that I'm selling him at the end of this season rather than making him see out hos contract though. How much we get for him is largely irrelevant.

I was trying not to be too greedy, but at the same time I know this bloke is good already so....

We have had bids of £1.5M so I set the initial cash price at £2.5M

Then I did my usual of adding 25% re-sale value, (not profit), and of course a friendly.

In for a penny, in for a pound I thought, so I also added in £1M after 10 INT appearances, £1M after 10 league goals and £1M after 50 league appearances.

The game tells me that the value of the deal is £5.5M but to my mind it's £5.5M + 25% = £6.875M, (even if his value doesn't rise).

So were there any nibbles.......

Initially I was underwhelmed with the response.

SMR%20Rossini%20bids%20Apr%202028_zpsc5ty1mua.png

But then something caught my eye.

SMR%2031%20offers%20for%20Rossini%20Apr%202028_zpsz1vllybm.png

There were actually loads of bids in, so maybe they wouldn't all be so paltry.

SMR%20Rossini%20Bids%201_zps3f667itu.png

SMR%20Rossini%20Bids%202_zpsmxnjy9pq.png

SMR%20Rossini%20Bids%203_zpsbhuqrqk8.png

SMR%20Rossini%20Bids%204_zpsdieoutm2.png

SMR%20Rossini%20Bids%205_zpsi0sefhsq.png

Wow! Wasn't expecting that.

Well I don't care if it's Barca, Bayern or Braga, nobody is getting him on the cheap, so that means I instantly rule out the following.

Braga

Celtic

Porto

Schalke

Fenerbache

Galatasaray

Man City

Newcastle

Olympiakos

PSG

Villarreal

That leaves all the bigger bids still standing, (20 I think). I'm not often in this position so I actually don't know how to maximise his value here.

Do I reject all the offers with the reason that the offer isn't good enough?

Do I reject half the offers with that reason, but stall the other half?

Do I offer him out again for more money and if so hos much?

I'm immediately thinking that I want 50% of re-sale value and I'm not overly bothered how much instant cash I get right now.

I wonder who is likely to pay the most for him and I notice that there are a lot of English clubs in for him. It's probably going to be there that I can eke the most profit.

I'm going to reject all the English club bids, (I've just counted them and there are 6), with the response, (the offer isn't good enough), and I'm going to stall the 14 remaining bids, (they need an instant decision). Then, after I have done that I'm going to offer him out again and this time I'm going to ask for but, but importantly I'm going to up the re-sale value to 50%. (If whoever buys him ends up releasing him on a free I will have the right hump!)

It looks like I over-cooked it with that last effort. :lol:

I have had 11 clubs come back in with a bid, and although I can negotiate this time, they aren't nearly as good as the £5.5M bids that I had before.

I think I will try and work my way back towards that £5.5M total bid, but with a 50% clause rather than the 25% one.

Arsenal

Chelsea

Everton

Liverpool

Man City

Man Utd

Spurs

Barca

Bayern

Leverkusen

Real Madrid

These are the teams that are back in.

[Edit]

This is what I am after now.

SMR%20Rossini%20pound5.5M%20%2050_zpsfb94raae.png

Arsenal have agreed but I am going to try and get more out of others. I really don't want him to go to Arsenal.

[Edit2]

I went through and just put the initial fee up by £100k each time on those that I could negotiate.

Interestingly, it was all the English clubs that were willing to negotiate.

Arsenal £2.5M + add-ons.

Everton £2.6M + add-ons.

I screwed up the Leverkusen bid which was meant to be for £2.7M up front.

Man City £2.8M + add-ons.

Spurs £2.9M + add-ons.

Man Utd. £3.0M + add-ons.

It will leave a huge Rossini sized hole on our right flank, but it just had to be done.

He needed to move on, we could do with the money for infrastructure and I just hope that we can stay up without him next season. (We might have made the Playoffs with him so this was a big call).

It will leave a huge Rossini sized hole on our right flank, but it just had to be done.

He needed to move on, we could do with the money for infrastructure and I just hope that we can stay up without him next season. (We might have made the Playoffs with him so this was a big call).

I am suprised you didn't offer him out for £5.5m upfront and 50%, I've had a fair few young players with high potential on my game go for around £6m-£6.5m and 50% under me. The amount of times I have been offered installments (I absolutely hate installments) for my top youngsters and often I push for the full fee upfront and a clause. Still very good business there especially when you look at the fact he had one year left.

I am suprised you didn't offer him out for £5.5m upfront and 50%, I've had a fair few young players with high potential on my game go for around £6m+ and 50% under me. The amount of times I have been offered installments for my top youngsters and often I push for the full fee upfront and a clause. Still very good business there especially when you look at the fact he had one year left.

I did do exactly that in post #164.

Unfortunately it didn't work and they actually came back with lower bids than previously.

Archived