Do you want an "Instant result" button for full-fat mode.

Do you want an "Instant Result" button for Full-Fat FM?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an "Instant Result" button for Full-Fat FM?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The holiday mode is something which has been in the game for a long time and would require a fair amount of upheaval to remove. There's a big difference between putting something new in to change how the game works and taking something out which has been in for a long period of time. When you holiday past matches this is taken into account by the game which records how many matches you miss and you can't win major awards as an individual manager because of this. The users can choose to play the game however they want in the constraints of the game. We're quite flexible on a lot of things, but this is one where a clear distinction has been made between FM and FMC. I'm not in the greatest place to discuss the reasoning's behind this, I've already listed the reasons I know why instant result isn't likely to come into FMC. For any further clarification you'd probably have to ask Miles on Twitter, but his response would more than likely echo what I've already said.

Incidentally, although it's not used for realistic purposes a lot of the time, there's absolutely no reason a manager in full fat couldn't take a holiday. I'm sure Alex Ferguson got his Speedos out once or twice.

Look, if SI wont add it.. use a skin. Match plans mean little anyway, alot of this stuff is fluff.... I use instant result on full fat and barely do anything other than buy players (without using scouts) so I take them at face value, and pick a first 11. Ive won everything with various clubs, ive also had bad times... it makes it fun.

The game is certainly playable and if you thrive on success you dont have to go balls deep in the game to get it. I play it like you would have CM1 back in the early 90s!

What im getting at here is: Try a skin and you will see if that button makes the game more enjoyable for you.

The skin I use has one on it, however I have never used it, really don't see the point at all, I actually want to play the game.

You can play the game using it. Im sure you will agree that its about having fun and if someone enjoys the game by using instant result, then so be it. I personally dont see the point in looking at ropey 3D graphics, or a scripted set of dots, or read the repetitive commentary ;)... the result will be what it will be, whether you spend time analyzing the faults in the match engine, or just bypass that and get it given to you. I bet 9 times out of 10 under normal circumstances, the result will be the same whichever way you choose to play.

Archived