Promotion and Stadium Expansion: Wait...What?

Perhaps this is better suited for the bugs section, but this makes no sense to me:

I'm currently going about the Big Euro Challenge as "Spanish" side Portugalete. I earned promotion for the 2018/19 season and Liga Adelante rules require stadiums to be 6,000 capacity all-seater. My board accordingly announced that the stadium would be expanded from a capacity of 3,000.

stadiumexpansion_zpsdae85d5e.jpg

The "expansion" was completed in January. But...

portufacilities_zpsfa0b7077.jpg

If I'm reading this all correctly, my (already financially troubled) club took out a loan to comply with the league rules and, when the "expansion" was complete our capacity remained the same. Mind you, we aren't selling out matches even with 3,000 capacity, but what gives?

If you read the top screen grab it doesn't say expanding it says installing. So I take that as it was a standing ground but needs to be all seater

That may well be the case and that's what I'm assuming happened. However, the league rules state "minimum ground seating capacity 6,000". Does this mean that the stadium requires 6,000 seats (a requirement we do not meet), or that it can hold a total of 6,000 spectators (a requirement which we do not meet)?

• Administrators
Expanding stadiums is pretty broken this year

No offence, but ideally rather than saying this, it would be good if any issues which users have encountered in regards to expanding stadiums were raised in the bugs forum so we can actually do something about it. Ideally if you have a save game which shows any 'broken' stadium work we'd love to take a look. Thanks.

That may well be the case and that's what I'm assuming happened. However, the league rules state "minimum ground seating capacity 6,000". Does this mean that the stadium requires 6,000 seats (a requirement we do not meet), or that it can hold a total of 6,000 spectators (a requirement which we do not meet)?

I think your right with the way you read it, it should be 6000 seats in the stadium. Worth raising this in the bugs forum.

No offence, but ideally rather than saying this, it would be good if any issues which users have encountered in regards to expanding stadiums were raised in the bugs forum so we can actually do something about it. Ideally if you have a save game which shows any 'broken' stadium work we'd love to take a look. Thanks.

I made a post in the bug forums a while back, and the issue was not fixed in the latest update.

It could be that you have to comply with the all-seater requirement immediately, but have more than one year to bring the ground up to capacity requirements. That's how it works in England, so it may be similar in Spain.

I'm assuming you were right:

moreseats_zpsfff635a1.jpg

False alarm. It may have been averted if I could have remembered if my stadium had been all-seater before or not (I'm assuming now that it was not). Still, I wish that the initial message wasn't so vague. Then again, I doubt many clubs need exactly 3,000 seats (my current capacity) to comply with capacity regulations.

Archived