Edusport academy

hannahrr

In the scottish lower leagues is a private Academy team designed to give French youth players a chance to play in a competitive league while learning English. The based nation in the editor is France, even though it is a Scottish team. Is there any way in the editor to restrict the squad to French players below the age of 21? I know Athletic Bilbao have, or had, a Basque only policy. I don't know how this is encoded. In the game, Edusport has a Scottish squad. I've given them a squad of French kids, but they still sign Scottish players.

Having France set as based nation should make the youth prospects French so I wouldnt worry about that. I dont think it is possible to restrict teams transfer policy but I may be wrong.

That's what I thought. I know Bilbao managed to do it for years in the game, although it may have been hard coded. I thought that might have been the way to go.

bilbao is hardcoded:thup:

think there is something you can do in nations transfers section by setting it to a - value I havent used it, but it has been discussed in last week on another thread here, have a quick look mate

That's national transfer preferences though and it's about which nation(s) the teams in a certain country will buy from not the nationality of the players bought, isn't it?

In the advanced rules settings, I'm sure there's a way in fixture rules to set squad rules that apply only to certain teams. However. asking the team to sign no foreign players would probably result in them only signing Scots rather than Frenchmen. Setting the max age is easier and the club being set to based in France will take care of youth intake as mentioned above, but there's probably no way to get them to sign only French players, sorry. Is that the policy irl though? Would they be against signing the odd Scotsman here and there? Seems to me one of the best ways to help their players learn English would be to have a few native speakers of their own age in and around them on the pitch rather than only when they're off-duty, so to speak.

That's national transfer preferences though and it's about which nation(s) the teams in a certain country will buy from not the nationality of the players bought, isn't it?

In the advanced rules settings, I'm sure there's a way in fixture rules to set squad rules that apply only to certain teams. However. asking the team to sign no foreign players would probably result in them only signing Scots rather than Frenchmen. Setting the max age is easier and the club being set to based in France will take care of youth intake as mentioned above, but there's probably no way to get them to sign only French players, sorry. Is that the policy irl though? Would they be against signing the odd Scotsman here and there? Seems to me one of the best ways to help their players learn English would be to have a few native speakers of their own age in and around them on the pitch rather than only when they're off-duty, so to speak.

Yap I think IRL the academy take in only French footballers. Even when they open for academy selections, they only do it in France.

http://www.edusportacademy.com/en/home.html

http://www.edusportacademy.com/en/detections.html

And they have 15 hours of English classes per week after training. So I think that really sort of rule out that they will sign the odd Scotsman here and there to help with English.

http://www.edusportacademy.com/en/education.html

But they have a few Scottish staff so I think they are the "odd Scotsman" ... LOL

http://www.edusportacademy.com/en/staff.html

But good to know by changing where the clubs is based we can change the nationality of the youth intake.

I've got the age limit established. I created a squad of French kids to populate the squad, put the coaches in place, etc. I set the team to be always amateur, but the coaches to be full-time. I think I'll try that transfer embargo. That sounds like a good idea, and one that should work.

The academy is a private enterprise, one the originally started in the US to herd high schoolers toward colleges. From what I can gather, nearly all of the students in the Scottish one are funding it through student loans and grants.

Archived