[FM2015] USA World Class MLS (8 levels)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose I could with all the talking Ive been doing... no firm date yet but I will before database release.

In more specific terms, I'll be a bit busy this week but I should be able to in the very near future. I have my list of things that I want to change about the file and I suppose now is as good a time as any to list it here. (And by the way, did anyone see this coming? Me, back in the editor after swearing off of it last week? :lol:)

list of items for future 1.4 release

1) When team loses in CWC and moves down a tier, it says they qualified for next trophy by "winning". Maybe get rid of the news setting (in fate actions?) for the losers.

2) Stagger Prime Cup dates by east and west to sat/Sun and Wed/thur

3) Add recent 2014 history to US Open Cup and MLS Prime Cup, test if it will appear on /june 2014 game start.

4) Change CWC names to Club World Championship Gold – short name= Gold Trophy

5) Increase Gold/Silver/Bronze game % for medal. 50/50/50 sounds right.

6) Lower case L in A1 Leagues full names.

7) Add Referees

8) Remove “MLS” from the secondary regional division names, keeping just the state.

9) lower max squad size for top 4 MLS leagues from 33 to 25.

10) Test if Canadian players count as homegrown in USA clubs

11) Change loan rules to promote more loaning and better mechanics - (DO NOT SELECT 'END OF SEASON' for loan length as it will end in April at end of regular season. What if you make playoffs?)

12) Remove all "HG from club" rules from all leagues. Keep "HG from nation" at 11 in top 4 leagues. Removed "HG from nation" rules from Amateur and Semi Pro leagues. (they have a foreign player limit cap anyway).

13) Squad rules slight revamp – U21 players can still play without being registered, but make free agents be registered at anytime. This does not mean they can be signed at anytime (only in transfer windows), but now they can be registered outside of the standard transfer windows.

14) Make database USA players who are over 21 become “Trained in Nation” if already in USA club to help existing teams meet HG requirements now that max squad size is 25.

15) Check a few more retirements and change them from Dec,2014 to June,2014.

a. Logan Pause

b. Marco Di Vaio

c. Jay DeMerit

16) n/a

17) Allow youth contract players to play in senior matches. Keep regen age at 15 (perfect age to make them homegrown before they can sign a senior contract at 18)

18) Check the ability of clubs to handle relegation in Subway and USASA leagues and change status from Semi-Pro to Pro and vice versa.

a. For A1 to USASA – all clubs turn amateur /semi pro where appropriate. Only issues seem to be in AAA league where clubs aren’t switching statuses when relegated from L2.

19) Added in Reserve match squad rules – The reserves team is now a U23 team with certain requirements (HG club players) and exceptions (max 3 O24 players)

20) Create U23 team competitions (was previously unavailable if a U18 was also present)+

21) Created CWC platinum cup

I have one question- i just started a Liverpool save to complement my Minneapolis City one (using the 1.3 with old group stages i talked about earlier). I started the save early, in June to be exact. Everything goes fine, until the preliminary stage is drawn-Liverpool isn't in it. i thought this was fine, maybe countries from better nations get to skip the prelims- but then I looked on the spreadsheet ad it seems that winning in these prelims are the only way to advance to gold. Am i missing something? In my Minneapolis save, I got into silver, wasn't seeded in prelims too, and then a 7 team group stage started and thats when i started this save. by winning the group do you advance a level? Or do you need to win in the prelims I'm not seeded in?

EDIT- nevermind, misread spreadsheet and saw you get a chance to go up later in June. Got confused since it didn't say there was a 7 team group stage early on.

So a week or 2? Perfect, I can keep playing my game without the urge to wait for a new release yet.

Minor team name, St Petersburg shouldn't have an h at the end of it, can't remember off the top of my head what division it was in, but since 1.4 isn't too far off I'll bring it up.

As for DO NOT SELECT END OF SEASON I'm assuming that I shouldn't now, will that be different in the future? Shame that some teams are going to get screwed in the playoffs if loan players brought them there.

So a week or 2? Perfect, I can keep playing my game without the urge to wait for a new release yet.

Minor team name, St Petersburg shouldn't have an h at the end of it, can't remember off the top of my head what division it was in, but since 1.4 isn't too far off I'll bring it up.

As for DO NOT SELECT END OF SEASON I'm assuming that I shouldn't now, will that be different in the future? Shame that some teams are going to get screwed in the playoffs if loan players brought them there.

It was (in my mind) an easy fix - I removed the "end of season" date option from loans and mandated that all loans must end in a transfer window. Jus finished a short test and what i saw was that you as a player cannot suggest a monthly loan term that would end outside a transfer window (those months are greyed out) so it works on MY end... but... I still see AI teams loaning players that end in April (right bfore playoffs). Nevermind that there is no transfer window in april, if humans cant do that I dont know how the AI can.

In any case, im thinking of setting the max loans at one single time to 2 for MLS, 4 for.xbox, and some larger number for L1 and L2. I like that rule because you can loan as many different players as you want so long as you have no more than X at one time.

Maybe a max of 1 over 23 player per season would be appropriate though. Should force teams not to make them yoo much of a crutch. I want to encourage youth from upper divisions to be loaned down too so its all a balance I gotta find.

And thats a roger on st. Petersburg...good catch!

Also, I don't know if this is an editor thing or not, or depends on the huge new amount of clubs- I took a peek with MacAssistant to see the PA of newgens at the start of the game cause i saw a Canadian get raffled off to Milan for 6.2 Million (!!!) and saw about 15 regens with over 170 PA. Seems like wayyy to much to me. As more regens happen with the higher amount of clubs, the chances of better regens go up, too- i bet theres a setting in the editor to lower the chances of regens in the US and Canada, keep it kind of in line with the chances that are in the original game- maybe 1-2 players with PA over 160. Also, on another note- I think you overestimated the standards of the facilities a bit. Minneapolis city, while having a very good youth program, has youth facilities on par with that of liverpool, and LA has facilities mirroring that of top European clubs. i think they should probably be ratcheted down a half star or two.

Hey Graaa, great work on this mod. I played the FM14 demo last year and loved it, so I recently bought FM15 when it was on Steam's sale a week or two ago. Basically, I've never used a mod before so I need serious help.

I just tried downloading this mod, specifically the 1.3 Original Clubs w/ NACL link. When I downloaded it, my computer wasn't able to open it because it didn't have the right program or something.. Would you know what the issue would be? Below is a screenshot of the issue, by the way.

http://i.imgur.com/qfaC8cP.png - And when I click that first bubble, the Web is unable to detect a program to open it.

Also, I've never used a WIP mod before. Which folder do I place this mod in? (if I get it to open, that is). I know you said to create the USA and Icons folders for updated logos, but I don't know where to put the actual mod file.

Thanks a TON in advance by the way!

Also, I don't know if this is an editor thing or not, or depends on the huge new amount of clubs- I took a peek with MacAssistant to see the PA of newgens at the start of the game cause i saw a Canadian get raffled off to Milan for 6.2 Million (!!!) and saw about 15 regens with over 170 PA.... ..... i think they should probably be ratcheted down a half star or two.

Those are some fair points - I set the youth rating to 155 so it's on par to that of Germany. Keep in mind 15 regens with PA over 170 probably ends up translating into 10 people who end up CA 140, 4 who end up CA 150, and 1 who ends up CA 160 when they reach their peek (by comparison, there are more than 30 English players with CA 140 at game start in the database and 18 with CA 150). Let's keep it there for now and see what things are like after a long term save - I have barely even seen what things will be like in 10 years. If I get reports that things are insane with regards to 10 Messi-quality USA players on every team, I will tone it down. (by the way, you can change it for yourself personally if you want by going into the editor. Go the Nations and search for the USA. Go to "Information" and look for the box that says "Youth Rating" and you can tone it down if you want.

I will lower a few youth facilities - I agree they are probably too high for some teams realistically. I'm going to keep the youth coaching and recruitment as is though. This is all good feedback rcolesworthy!

Hey Graaa, great work on this mod..... ........Which folder do I place this mod in? (if I get it to open, that is). I know you said to create the USA and Icons folders for updated logos, but I don't know where to put the actual mod file.

Thanks a TON in advance by the way!

Hi ColeWCAR, welcome to the forum! Glad you are trying out the mod. Rcolesworthy is right, you need to go to your documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2015 > editor data.... drop in that folder and then inside the game when you start a new career, a box will pop up before the nation screen about data files and the mod will be in there.

Hope that helps! Enjoy.

graa some other small fixes you may want to make:

1) Make sure all teams have locations, so that the amateur teams can't get unrealistic players (Clearwater SC for example, you can get players from them with any amateur team, and they can get any players from any teams)

2) The USASA divisions seem to be lacking a 3 letter identifier, which makes them show up funny on the home screen schedule. Once again minor but while you are in there fixing things might want to look at this.

Otherwise all the changes look great. Will start a longer term save with the next version (which isn't a big issue since my current USASA team is the worst team ever assembled in the history of soccer)

I think i may have found a bug, albeit a very very small one, but i thought i should post it anyway.

Basically in any press conference after i have won in a CWC trophy round it acts as if i have won the competition. With questions like "How do you feel leading your team to a final victory like this?"

It may be small and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but it is quite annoying and gets very tedious.

A weird thing I thought up: for cities that have a lot of representation from a "second nationality" IRL (LA/Koreans, Minneapolis/Somalis, Dearborn/Lebanese), you can give their clubs permanent youth recruitment affiliations with clubs from the other country.

graa some other small fixes you may want to make:

1) Make sure all teams have locations, so that the amateur teams can't get unrealistic players (Clearwater SC for example, you can get players from them with any amateur team, and they can get any players from any teams)

2) The USASA divisions seem to be lacking a 3 letter identifier, which makes them show up funny on the home screen schedule. Once again minor but while you are in there fixing things might want to look at this.

Otherwise all the changes look great. Will start a longer term save with the next version (which isn't a big issue since my current USASA team is the worst team ever assembled in the history of soccer)

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by a location missing from Clearwater - I have a city, stadium, stadium city, GPS coordinates, etc all assigned to the teams. So what exactly is missing? There isn't a way that I can control which players are available to you by REGION, if that's what you mean. Your scouts are just naturally gonna find people on the west coast eventually and there's no way I can stop teams from signing them. (Also, clearwater is a League 2 teams so what's happening exactly? USASA teams are signing their players?

I tried to think up 3 letter Identifier for all 8 amateur leagues, but I couldn't think of any that made any sense. But overall I agree with this one, I'll see what I can do. Sorry to hear about your USASA team's bad season...

I think i may have found a bug, albeit a very very small one, but i thought i should post it anyway.

Basically in any press conference after i have won in a CWC trophy round it acts as if i have won the competition. With questions like "How do you feel leading your team to a final victory like this?"

It may be small and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but it is quite annoying and gets very tedious.

Yeah, I definitely saw that one coming. Every time you jump up or down a tier it does that right? Well, good thing there will be a lot less moving around in the next version of the CWC so you'll prob see that only once or twice in preseason then never again until you win it. But there's a couple things I haven't tried yet that might fix it... i will keep this in mind.

A weird thing I thought up: for cities that have a lot of representation from a "second nationality" IRL (LA/Koreans, Minneapolis/Somalis, Dearborn/Lebanese), you can give their clubs permanent youth recruitment affiliations with clubs from the other country.

Very good idea to add some more USA flavor into the game... I like it! I want to do more with the clubs, including more interesting affiliations and even ownership types, but others things have taken priority. I'll keep your idea in mind when I get around to adding more detail to clubs but it won't be this version.

I suck, the team with no location seems to be Farmington SC. Not even sure where "Farmington" even is to be honest.

Lmao, it's no big deal. A very common city name in the USA. This one is Farmington New Mexico. I can't do anymore to make it more "located" in the game - it has all the same things every club has to locate it - GPS coordinates, stadium w/ coordinates, cities, etc.

You're saying the problem is that this team is signing players from around the country instead of from it's local area (the southwestern region?). I understand that usually USASA teams have a small scouting pool when they start off containing players only in a small radius, but I imagine that it will grow over time.

Also, I have an idea for the platinum cup- instead of making it just the three winners and having a max of two games for a team, it would be cool to see it replace the Audi or Volkswagen whatever it is Friendly Preseason cup that happens in the US every year, and add in the runners up of the cups and a have two groups of three, or maybe last years winner and the winner of the host nation for groups of 4 for the platinum cup. Just a minor suggestion, cause then it would take up a lot of the friendly spots for teams so they wouldn't have to deal with scheduling them and there would be some slightly meaningful games in the preseason.

Odd, if you look at Farmington in the game it doesn't have a stadium location (like most do under the name of the stadium). What I am saying is if I try to sign a player from a team more than say 100 miles away I get a message that "the compensation package isn't enough for me to relocate" This happens for all players except for ones on the Farmington team. Odd huh?

Also, I have an idea for the platinum cup- instead of making it just the three winners and having a max of two games for a team, it would be cool to see it replace the Audi or Volkswagen whatever it is Friendly Preseason cup that happens in the US every year, and add in the runners up of the cups and a have two groups of three, or maybe last years winner and the winner of the host nation for groups of 4 for the platinum cup. Just a minor suggestion, cause then it would take up a lot of the friendly spots for teams so they wouldn't have to deal with scheduling them and there would be some slightly meaningful games in the preseason.

I already got rid of the Volkswagen tournament in the CWC files (but kept it in the NACL ones) because the pre season for all the CWCs require 3 weeks in July and overlap a lot with the volkswagen. I don't think I can fit it in July because it would come into a lot of conflict with the preseason matches (anywhere from 2 - 6 matches depending on where you are seeded and how far you progress). Every team has to play a pre season match in July but a different number.

My issue with it is that although it is called the Platinum cup, it is really just a Super Cup. I think I'm going to set it's reputation to be less than the Gold Cup (but more than silver and bronze). Maybe I should rename it to Club World Super Cup? What do you think?

I've already managed to whittle the total number of games for each cup to around 20 (not counting the 6 preseason games you could potentially play). With the 2 game Plaatinum cup that makes it 22. by comparison, the UEFA Champions league is like 16 games (not including pre season). I originally had around 28 matches when I was talking about match congestion issues - I think I've finally hit the sweet spot.

Odd, if you look at Farmington in the game it doesn't have a stadium location (like most do under the name of the stadium). What I am saying is if I try to sign a player from a team more than say 100 miles away I get a message that "the compensation package isn't enough for me to relocate" This happens for all players except for ones on the Farmington team. Odd huh?

Yeah, we're definitely not seeing the same thing. Which file are you using? It may very well be a bug with your particular file or instance of the game lol. I don't know. I have a good feeling that if you played with a different version or restarted it wouldn't be an issue (not suggesting you do, it doesn't sound like too big an issue). Nonetheless, I appreciate the eagerness to help. Wish I knew what was going on with your game.

farmingtonsc_zps478e5106.png

Hi ColeWCAR, welcome to the forum! Glad you are trying out the mod. Rcolesworthy is right, you need to go to your documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2015 > editor data.... drop in that folder and then inside the game when you start a new career, a box will pop up before the nation screen about data files and the mod will be in there.

Hope that helps! Enjoy.

I'm a little confused. I can't even find the Sports Interactive folder as it's not in my Documents folder. So, I'm not sure where that would be. Actually, I have the Sports Interactive folder in a few different places, but it was last modified in July 2014 because that's when I last played the FM14 Demo. There's no FM15 data in any of those folders. FM15 is downloaded and has been installed through Steam.

Well thats an issue. This is the same as any plain database download you'd find on FM Scout or similar, and I looked up that for PC its the same, go Documents => Sports interactive => Football Manager 2015 => Editor Data. If its not in your documents folder, try deleting FM and reinstalling it. I don't know why it wouldn't be in Documents.

Also, Graa- I posted earlier that movement in 1.3 with old Group Stages might've been bugged- it is. Simmed the whole season and there was no movement in between gold/silver/bronze. Possibly a bug or something that only happens in the first season?

Also, Graa- I posted earlier that movement in 1.3 with old Group Stages might've been bugged- it is. Simmed the whole season and there was no movement in between gold/silver/bronze. Possibly a bug or something that only happens in the first season?

Nah, that file used the original version of the CWC (same as 1.2). There wasn't any movement in it yet, but there certainly will be in the 1.4 version group stage model.

Well thats an issue. This is the same as any plain database download you'd find on FM Scout or similar, and I looked up that for PC its the same, go Documents => Sports interactive => Football Manager 2015 => Editor Data. If its not in your documents folder, try deleting FM and reinstalling it. I don't know why it wouldn't be in Documents.

I ended up finding a FM15 folder, but it was located within Program Files. In that FM15 folder, there was only a data folder and no folder titled Editor Data. How exactly do I find that folder? And how do I uninstall FM15? I'm not seeing any options for uninstalling, but only something about deleting local files. And if I delete/uninstall it, will it remain on my computer/steam for it to be re-installed? Again, sorry because I'm new to FM and Steam in general.

http://i.imgur.com/S3OyAMG.png

Alright, so I uninstalled then re-installed, and there's still no Sports Interactive folder. So, I'm not sure what to do. Do I have to somehow download that folder or download the Editor Data folder?

This seems odd that the SI folder didn't appear.

ColeWCAR,

Look for a folder called:

C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\Editor\

or

C:\Users\(your user name)\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\Editor\

All editor files should go there.

Yes, I already checked there... There's literally no Sports Interactive folder in my Documents.

E: Not only is there no SI folder in my Documents folder, but there is no SI folder anywhere on my computer.

Maybe you're not seeing all folders.

What version of Windows do you have ?

Not familiar with Windows 8. but if you have If you have Windows 7 maybe try this:

Go to Control Panel (from Start Menu), then Folder Options

- Under the General tab, make sure "Show all folders" is checed. If not checked then check and click apply.

- Under the View tab, under "Hidden files and folders" make sure "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is checked. If not check and click apply.

Then see if the folder appears.

Maybe also check for the SI folder under:

C:\Users\Public\

Don't think it would be there, but worth a try.

My issue with it is that although it is called the Platinum cup, it is really just a Super Cup. I think I'm going to set it's reputation to be less than the Gold Cup (but more than silver and bronze). Maybe I should rename it to Club World Super Cup? What do you think?

Gold - FIFA Champions League

Silver - FIFA World League - like the Europa League

Bronze - FIFA Super League - Super sounds "meaningful" for these also ran teams.

Platinum/Super - FIFA World Challenge

Maybe you're not seeing all folders.

What version of Windows do you have ?

Not familiar with Windows 8. but if you have If you have Windows 7 maybe try this:

Go to Control Panel (from Start Menu), then Folder Options

- Under the General tab, make sure "Show all folders" is checed. If not checked then check and click apply.

- Under the View tab, under "Hidden files and folders" make sure "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is checked. If not check and click apply.

Then see if the folder appears.

Maybe also check for the SI folder under:

C:\Users\Public\

Don't think it would be there, but worth a try.

I figured it out. I had not launched the game, yet, so the Sports Interactive folder had not yet appeared.

Now, I launched the game and there's two Sports Interactive folders in my Documents folder. The first has a lot of files, and the second doesn't have that many. They both have an editor data folder though.

Does it matter which data editor file I place the mod file in? I placed it in the first folder, which has more files.

And will the mod simply work once I launch it? Is there anything different I have to do or change in the settings?

I figured it out. I had not launched the game, yet, so the Sports Interactive folder had not yet appeared.

Now, I launched the game and there's two Sports Interactive folders in my Documents folder. The first has a lot of files, and the second doesn't have that many. They both have an editor data folder though.

Does it matter which data editor file I place the mod file in? I placed it in the first folder, which has more files.

And will the mod simply work once I launch it? Is there anything different I have to do or change in the settings?

I'd copy and put one in both just to cover all your bases. If that messes anything up, just remove one.

After that, it's easy, you just fire up FM15, Click "Start New Career Game", "Football manager 2015", then a box appears saying "Choose Database". Click "Edit" and it will bring you to a different screen. Make sure that a USA World Class MLS file is selected (only one of them, if 2 happen to appear from putting a copy in the other folder). Then continue and you'll be brought to the select nations screen.

At the select nation screen, depending on how good your computer is, you'll want to select which countries you want. This is a complicated topic you can read about elsewhere, but basically if you select a country, you get the choice (in the next screen) to choose how many leagues you want to load from that country (the more leagues, the slower the game goes). With this USA file, there are 8 leagues and it slows the game down a bit to load all 8. Remember that for this file you must have the top 2 leagues loaded for it to work (That's the Verizon MLS and the Xbox MLS), but I recommend having the top 4 leagues loaded for a better experience but 2 is fine also if you just care about managing in the top league

Then with other countries, it might be worth loading some of the bigger ones to imporve your experience too (depending how good your computer is). England, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Brazil are all good choices. You can just have the top league loaded for those countries.

You can also choose if they are "View Only" or Playable in the next screen, which means do you want the game to simulate the leagues as realistically as possible but more slowly (then choose playable for that nation) or do you just want the game to simulate it less realistically but quicker (view only). This is largely your call depending on your computer and the game gives you a 1-5 star rating how fast the game will run.

Just keep continuing and you'll be able to start your first game =) hope it works and I hope you enjoy it!

Gold - FIFA Champions League

Silver - FIFA World League - like the Europa League

Bronze - FIFA Super League - Super sounds "meaningful" for these also ran teams.

Platinum/Super - FIFA World Challenge

I acually like these names, it gives some more legitimacy. :D

Minor issue, probably fixed by future years, but im nearing the end of my first campaign after a few restarts and the Canadian Championship has a Final date of 3/25 but a Final Draw date of 3/26 the day after the event itself, looks like I won't be able to spank Montreal again.

EDIT: Never mind, scheduled itself.

Minor issue, probably fixed by future years, but im nearing the end of my first campaign after a few restarts and the Canadian Championship has a Final date of 3/25 but a Final Draw date of 3/26 the day after the event itself, looks like I won't be able to spank Montreal again.

EDIT: Never mind, scheduled itself.

Thank goodness this game is smart enough to fix itself LOL

If anyone wants to lend me their FM knowledge on this issue, I'm trying to figure out why this isn't working -

I experimented with changing the settings to make US teams buy more young foreign players at the right age to become homegrown for the USA by the time they turn 21. Now, I realized this idea wouldn't work when it became apparent that most of the players people are buying at age 16 and 17 are already eligible for another nation (it's like they are created with a past club history in their youth before the age of 14 - more hard coded rules for other nations that I just wish I could get to for my USA database!). But I have this one player who was signed at just the right age from Brazil who didn't have a 'trained in nation' or 'trained in club status' for anything. He's 21 years old at the time of this writing and has spent 1200 days in the USA (it requires 1095 to reach the 3 year mark). So why isn't he 'trained in nation' for USA?

Pictures:

2015-01-07_00003_zps40c408eb.jpg

2015-01-07_00002_zpsd30cb4c0.jpg

2015-01-07_00001_zpsbb037211.jpg

So OCFC and NYCFC get to the playoffs on great and consistent scoring from strikers poached from AA teams, the same AA team on OCFC's case. Yeah, I love these regens, the USMNT are going to be damn good in my future games.

Yeah, I love that the lower leagues produce some top quality players too. I just really would like the option to get more youth in general for all teams. I worry that consistently poaching 2-3 players a year from these lower league clubs will actually cripple them 10 years down the line when all teams get less than 6 regens per year.

(not to mention I'd like to turn the lower leagues off at some point when my USASA team reaches the professional leagues)

Just to make sure, the ability to make a team still works in this DB, right? Once 1.4 comes out, I want to take my hometown of Minnetonka and lead the Skippers to becoming the best team in the world, all the way from the depths of the USASA. It would probably be my first long-term LLM save, since tooling around with Cockfosters in the Spartan Premier wasn't that fun when you didn't have any attachment to the club.

Just to make sure, the ability to make a team still works in this DB, right? Once 1.4 comes out, I want to take my hometown of Minnetonka and lead the Skippers to becoming the best team in the world, all the way from the depths of the USASA. It would probably be my first long-term LLM save, since tooling around with Cockfosters in the Spartan Premier wasn't that fun when you didn't have any attachment to the club.

Yeah, making a team is still possible (I wrote a guide somewhere in the first post), but there are a lot of rules you need to follow. Basically the most important one is that you need to REPLACE a team that is as nearby to the team as you want to create as possible. This is to make sure that the regional cup still works with the same number of teams and that relegation/promotion still works with the team going to the right division when it moves up or down.

Since the Pillsbury Dairyland Cup takes teams from Minnesota AND Wisconsin, and since Minnesota and Wisconsin teams have the same path up and down the USA pyramid, (USASA Midwest - A1 Midwest, AA Northeast, etc etc), you can choose any USASA team from either of those 2 states to replace.

Wow. This is a great. I was thinking of using my editing skills to rework the eastern leagues and cups to set the eastern leagues to match the 20/20/12/20 format of the western leagues. Do the western clubs in the 12-team western Subway A1 leagues play a double round-robin? If so, I could just duplicate the schedule and set it as a single round-robin. Then a 20/20/24/20 format in the eastern leagues would require just 4 new clubs (and their consequences in tweaking regional cups). I'm thinking one for each Maritime Province as you've got all the U.S. states (and all the western Canadian provinces minus Saskatoon) covered.

Wow. This is a great. I was thinking of using my editing skills to rework the eastern leagues and cups to set the eastern leagues to match the 20/20/12/20 format of the western leagues. Do the western clubs in the 12-team western Subway A1 leagues play a double round-robin? If so, I could just duplicate the schedule and set it as a single round-robin. Then a 20/20/24/20 format in the eastern leagues would require just 4 new clubs (and their consequences in tweaking regional cups). I'm thinking one for each Maritime Province as you've got all the U.S. states (and all the western Canadian provinces minus Saskatoon) covered.

Glad you like it =)

The lower eastern leagues are actually in a 22/24/20/20 format. The lower western leagues are 20/20/12/20. The 12 team leagues play 3 rounds against each other, so they don't all get equal home/away games. The rest of the leagues play 2 rounds (the single round robin).

I'm looking to change the squad rules that I have for the leagues from a homegrown rule to a foreigner rule instead. I'll be removing all the homegrown rules from the senior squad rules.

This is because I found out that a player who is trained in Canada or Puerto Rico doesn't count as homegrown in this league. I think this is a problem because I think the Canadian and Puerto Rico teams should in essence be treated the same as American teams. This puts them at a disadvantage because they are forced to buy homegrown players instead of being able to train them.

This change won't impact much of anything at all - you will still be allowed to sign the same number of foreigners but I just wanted to warn people before 1.4 in case there was any confusion. In fact, the more foreigners become American citizens, the more foreign players you'll have able to have. I think one of the distinguishing features of the American league should be its openness to foreigners, so the Verizon Premier league will still have a max squad size of 25, but instead of 11 homegrown players, it will have a max 14 foreign players rule. You'll still have the same amount of strong homegrown talent developing in the USA.

Any word on a projected release date? Also, when looking on the USA team page, it said that our national team stadium was a 108,000 seater built in 2018 in Atlanta- is this on purpose? Seems wrong, as it isn't yet 2018 in-game.
Eagerly anticipating the new release too!

Wont start this particular save without it

Release will be sometime in the middle of this week - after this weekend. I gotta run a final long term sim and create the other 3 versions from the original, but all the actual changes have been put in.

Also, Team USA Stadium is a custom stadium I made. There wasn't a way to change the national stadium at a certain year so I had to go the fantasy route and just create a new one for 2015.

The stadium is in Atlanta because it has the largest international airport in the USA, so I figured that fact combined with the favorable weather made it an ideal location for people and teams to travel and play games at.

Very soon folks! :)

For when you say there wasn't a way to change the national stadium in a year- do you mean that, say if you set the Rose Bowl as the national stadium, would it always be the national stadium, even if the Galaxy or someone built a 100,000 seater in 2050 or during the course of a save? Try setting the national stadium as various, maybe that would work. It doesn't seem like SI would make the national stadium hardcoded or not dynamic. From what I can remember in FM14, I built a 30,000 seater in Gibraltar and it became the national stadium.

For when you say there wasn't a way to change the national stadium in a year- do you mean that, say if you set the Rose Bowl as the national stadium, would it always be the national stadium, even if the Galaxy or someone built a 100,000 seater in 2050 or during the course of a save? Try setting the national stadium as various, maybe that would work. It doesn't seem like SI would make the national stadium hardcoded or not dynamic. From what I can remember in FM14, I built a 30,000 seater in Gibraltar and it became the national stadium.

You are correct in saying that if you set one stadium as the national stadium, it will always be the national stadium for whatever games are set to play at the "national" stadium. Some of the countries are programmed to have one or two stadiums be the national stadium for "all major matches", another is the national for "medium matches", etc so there is a way to have multiple.

If you build a new stadium after game start, it cannot become a national stadium as far as I understand. It might have some international tournament games play there, but that's only because that tournament is looking for the largest Neutral stadiums, not a national stadium.

The one issue I had with the existing stadiums is that they weren't soccer specific stadiums. I was having trouble wrapping my head around why a huge match would go to say, Ohio Stadium (for Ohio University) or AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys). But I don't know if other people would think this would be cool. I decided instead to make one soccer specific stadium that was completely fictional.

I suppose I could add a bunch of 100,000+ sized stadiums into the game from the real world that exist (from any sport, any level) and allow the game to rotate among them as the national stadium and for games like the Prime Cup final, Mastercard Cup final, etc. Would that be a good idea?

EDIT: I would be taking them from this list - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._stadiums_by_capacity

Well that seems like something SI should've done a long time ago, making national stadiums dynamic. I don't think there should be a fictional national team stadium, maybe you could add in a stadium being built in Atlanta for the new MLS team in Atlanta (Atlanta Silverbacks in this database I think) and have its finishing date being in 2018 or something, and have it be one of the national team stadiums and have the Silverbacks move into it when its finished. I think you should tone down the seating a little bit, like 75,000 or so. And also, I think it would be pretty cool to have a few national stadiums, maybe this new Atlanta Stadium, the Big House, Bryant Denny, Jerry's Playground, and the Rose Bowl. Since theres no way for national team stadiums to change in-game, players should just have to take it upon themselves to use the editor and change stadiums when they see fit.

Archived