Player keeps requesting transfer even though a promise has been set

About midway through the season one of my players wanted to move to a bigger club, I said we'd win the league this season and he accepted that.

In April now and I just won the league. He requests a transfer because I didnt fulfil my promise of increasing the clubs standing, but I never made that promise.

So I reject it and talk to him. I tell him again we'll win the league and he accepts that, yet 2 days later he's put in ANOTHER transfer request

Is this a bug because one minute he's accepting my promise and 2 days later completely forgetting. Not to mention the promise he completely made up

About midway through the season one of my players wanted to move to a bigger club, I said we'd win the league this season and he accepted that.

In April now and I just won the league. He requests a transfer because I didnt fulfil my promise of increasing the clubs standing, but I never made that promise.

So I reject it and talk to him. I tell him again we'll win the league and he accepts that, yet 2 days later he's put in ANOTHER transfer request

Is this a bug because one minute he's accepting my promise and 2 days later completely forgetting. Not to mention the promise he completely made up

I had something similar on FM13. I promised a player we'd win the Champions League in two years, and after winning it he demanded a transfer as I hadn't kept my promise. Frustrating, but after rejecting the request he did sign a new contract and forgot about it.

Just happened to me. I just kept rejecting transfer offers until he forgot about it and asked to stay.

The promise system is appalling, as is most of the player interaction module. Just wait until the season changeover date and everything will be fine again.

Yep the promises thing is rubbish. I've promised players that we'll win the title this season, and my team was 1st in the league and they still request transfers.

I've also had a defender promise to sign a new contract but refuse to negotiate a new one anyway.

Indeed it is a little bit buggy. I had a guy do exactly the same as the op 2 years in a row. I then switched up and said "I'll win the CL" hoping that'd work. Apparently already being 3 in a row Spanish champions and 1 time CL winner with the promise to win a second wasn't "showing enough ambition" so I just role played it, assumed he was a moron and sold him to Barcelona.

I had a thread about this exact same thing only a few weeks ago. I got an answer from one of the SI guys that it's to do with the "update season day" which is usually June 24th. Immediately after the season update the players unhappiness went away as I had been promoted, the game and player just hadn't recognised it. They are aware of the issue, I'll try find the thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/393143-But-I-won-promotion.

Archived