Quick question. Please help.

Basically my laptop powered out and when I tried to reload my save later a message appeared saying 'The save game could not be loaded'.

Is there anything I can do?!

I've tried right clicking on the file and restoring previous versions but all the restore points are a while ago so that's out of the question.

Please help. My save was in 2017/18 so I'll be pretty gutted if it's gone.

Did the battery go while you were saving? Massively unlucky if so. Give it a whirl and PM a mod, there has been tales of people being helped.

Data corruption seems to be becoming more and more prevalent on FM. It's at the point where I have rolling auto-save, save manually after every game and have every save as a different file, then store one off those a day on Skydrive in case my hard drive goes (Even that would be SI's fault, as it's their fault I'm playing this daft game all the time).

Did the battery go while you were saving? Massively unlucky if so. Give it a whirl and PM a mod, there has been tales of people being helped.

Data corruption seems to be becoming more and more prevalent on FM. It's at the point where I have rolling auto-save, save manually after every game and have every save as a different file, then store one off those a day on Skydrive in case my hard drive goes (Even that would be SI's fault, as it's their fault I'm playing this daft game all the time).

Certainly did mate.

How do I go about PMing them and anyone in particular you'd recommend?

If the power goes while the game is running, that version of the save will have been corrupted and lost. If restoring to a previous version is not an option and you do not have a back up save, then there is nothing that can be done with the corrupted save, I'm afraid. Always use the rolling 3 game autosave option, set weekly and you will always have a save to go back to and lose up to 1 weeks game time if there is another issue.

If the power goes while the game is running, that version of the save will have been corrupted and lost. If restoring to a previous version is not an option and you do not have a back up save, then there is nothing that can be done with the corrupted save, I'm afraid. Always use the rolling 3 game autosave option, set weekly and you will always have a save to go back to and lose up to 1 weeks game time if there is another issue.

Pretty gutting. Cheers for the reply though mate. Is there definitely not anything anyone at SI can do if I send the file?

Archived