Choosing the feeder club yourself - does it depend on your chairman stats?

I'm in 2021 in game now and I ask for a feeder club twice a year (you can't do it more frequently sadly). Only once I was allowed to choose one myself and it was in 2014. Since then my board don't offer this possibility. In older FMs every time I'd ask they would let me choose myself, but not in FM14. Why is it different? Maybe it's my current chairman being mean?

I'm in 2021 in game now and I ask for a feeder club twice a year (you can't do it more frequently sadly). Only once I was allowed to choose one myself and it was in 2014. Since then my board don't offer this possibility. In older FMs every time I'd ask they would let me choose myself, but not in FM14. Why is it different? Maybe it's my current chairman being mean?

I'm having the same issues myself.

I'm in 2022, (managing San Marino), and never once have they let me choose. What I have resorted to earlier this season was cancelling some of the existing poorer links that we have in the hope that they will let me have more of an influence. I have taken them from C1/A into Serie A and Europe and still they don't trust me.

We have had a change of ownership, (and I got us relegated earlier in my tenure), but they are offering me 3 year contracts so they must trust me now. Is this a mistake or is this what SI want to happen?

:confused:

I think it is what SI want to happen. in the past, it has been far too easy to get good feeders if you're at decent rep clubs, so it probably has been toned down. You also need ot have a certain level of board confidence before you can choose...

I think it is what SI want to happen. in the past, it has been far too easy to get good feeders if you're at decent rep clubs, so it probably has been toned down. You also need ot have a certain level of board confidence before you can choose...

Well if it is, then they haven't got it quite right.

I get San Marino into Seria A and then Europe for 2 consecutive season, (getting beyond Group stage), and still it isn't happening. Doesn't seem very realistic to me. :confused:

Seems clubs struggle to find decent feeder clubs as for choosing one I had the option to pick my own and it showed a huge list I presume of potential candidates I selected a decent option and never heard back about it only then ages later to get a choice of three clubs so far down the Spanish leagues I think they might be pub teams!

Archived