Buying for an already fulfilled position - Dilemma

What do or would you guys do if you had already good and young players for one position but then you have a chance to buy another good one for the same position and for a very good price?

In my case i have 6 players for 2 positions (mc's in a 4-3-3) but now i have the opportunity to buy a young and promising player for a cheap price and i dont know what to do.

On one hand, i'm pretty much satisfeid with the players i have for that position and the truth is that i find difficult to arrange 1st team football for all of them, but on the other hand i wouldn't like to skip this opportunity to have this player and see him go for another club, even though i wouldn't know what to do with so many players for those 2 positions. Maybe i'm being too selfish lol.

Did anyone already been through this?

Thanks!

I go through it every year. Especially at the start of season 2 when lots of good players become available on free transfers :) I tend to buy older 'star' players simply because I can't give up on the chance to include them in my team. If you have a younger player whom you want but don't want to play for a while, why not loan him out and keep tabs on him with your scouts?

I always have one advice to anyone that is having "do it or not?" problem. Flip a coin. And when the coin is spinning and in the air, you know then (subconsciously maybe) whether you want it to be heads or tails... and than do that, regardless of the effect of the flip. :)

What do or would you guys do if you had already good and young shoes for one dress but then you have a chance to buy another good one for the same dress and for a very good price?

In my case i have 6 shoes for 2 dresses (mc's in a 4-3-3) but now i have the opportunity to buy a young and promising pair of shoes for a cheap price and i dont know what to do.

On one hand, i'm pretty much satisfeid with the shoes i have for that dress and the truth is that i find difficult to arrange 1st team football for all of them, but on the other hand i wouldn't like to skip this opportunity to have this shoes and see him go for another woman, even though i wouldn't know what to do with so many shoes for those 2 dresses. Maybe i'm being too selfish lol.

Did anyone already been through this?

Thanks!

My first thought was that you can replace player by "shoes" or "pair of shoes" and position by "dress" or "dresses" and then we men can probabely understand why women have so many shoes... :lol:

But seriously:

Is he an upgrade to an existing player? If yes, then buy him and loan another young one out (or sell an older one).

Will he be an upgrade to an existing player in a year or two? If yes, then buy him and loan him out.

If both questions are answered with "no", don't buy him.

My first thought was that you can replace player by "shoes" or "pair of shoes" and position by "dress" or "dresses" and then we men can probabely understand why women have so many shoes... :lol:

But seriously:

Is he an upgrade to an existing player? If yes, then buy him and loan another young one out (or sell an older one).

Will he be an upgrade to an existing player in a year or two? If yes, then buy him and loan him out.

If both questions are answered with "no", don't buy him.

dem thin squads

i just like to buy players, even if they're no where near the first team level, just to make a profit on them (works better if i can acquire cheap, doesn't seem possible for newgens with an ounce of talent though)

I've had a dilemma similar to yours in that I've had 3 really good young strikers in my youth team, then another newgen with big potential come through. Dilemma was to try and bring them all through, or not?

I decided that if I keep them all, they won't get enough games and won't develop so I've sold most of them and kept the ones I think are best and fit in with the direction I want to take the team.

For you, the OP, whether to buy or not, I'd go back to basics. Are they a better fit for what you want than what you've already got? If "yes" then buy them and sell other players. If not then stay with what you have.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys.

After reading all your posts and thinking a little more, i've decided not to buy him. I dont want to sell the ones i have. I was thinking about selling one of the older players but i came to a conclusion that they are too important for my team, at least for now.

I dont like to loan young players because although they can develop quite well, they dont develop in the way i'd like. I tend to keep them with me, give them the train i want and try to play them in the 1st team as much as possible and that's also why i decided not to do it.

Archived