Question about finances: Current Player Wage Total vs. Overall Total

I'm working on setting up a wage structure but seeing something that I'm a little confused about.

On the Finances tab there are two numbers that I feel like should matchup that don't:

nGE20AFh.png

• My Current Player Wage Total is 502,803: lZQ8eqmh.png
  • My Overall Total Wage for my players is 393,819: byVNqfNh.png

Why are these two numbers so vastly different? Does the total include coach salaries or am I missing something really obvious? If it has to do with tax, is there a way to calculate that value?

Thanks for your help!

wardog is looking at the wrong bit :lol:

The wage total is the basic wage being paid to each player. However when you offer a contract there are other fees and bonuses included, we don't know how FM calculates these in the wage budget but on the right hand side of the contract offer screen it shows how much that contract is worth in budget terms.

So basically your "Current Player Wage Total" is wages + some calculation to estimate the bonuses/extra fees paid.

wardog is looking at the wrong bit :lol:

The wage total is the basic wage being paid to each player. However when you offer a contract there are other fees and bonuses included, we don't know how FM calculates these in the wage budget but on the right hand side of the contract offer screen it shows how much that contract is worth in budget terms.

So basically your "Current Player Wage Total" is wages + some calculation to estimate the bonuses/extra fees paid.

Bonuses account for that much?!? I need to have another look before I just offer a contract!

Can easily, and quickly, add up if you don't keep your eye on it.

E.g. Some CB is earing £2K p/w and you are offering £1K+ appearance fee, and you play 2 games a week which the player plays in, he takes home £4K in just those bonuses. Add in a probable clean sheet bonus etc and his takings could quickly stack up

Archived