FM14 Under Pressure

Oh yes. I have a near perfect tatic that I am using in an online game. I have given it to a few guys to test and they are demolishing teams as well.

Thanks - will try it!

Btw - the under pressure tactic in this thread - do you rate taht better than the old one?

Like a tactic with 2 strikers :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, done some more testing and some more tweaking.

https://www.mediafire.com/?138o459ozfzatg6

The tactic linked above works for most teams. When your the underdog edit the D-Line to "much higher defensive line". The rest of the time have it set as it is at drop deeper.

The idea being to compress the space good teams have and to encourage poorer teams to open up more against you.

@Chrissy_Ross_ for more updates

hey chrissy i have been trying to make a tactic on my own based on mr houghs past tactics now he is not doing it any more i dont no if you are familiar with his tactics and if not am sure you read some of his posts just wondering if you could try to make one based on his with the 3 strikers cheers fellow scotsman

hey chrissy i have been trying to make a tactic on my own based on mr houghs past tactics now he is not doing it any more i dont no if you are familiar with his tactics and if not am sure you read some of his posts just wondering if you could try to make one based on his with the 3 strikers cheers fellow scotsman

He was the dude that got called out for copying someone at one stage yeah? I took a year out of FM for the last edition so I am not sure what tactics you are referring to. I mind he did a very good 4-3-3 using his own and others concepts, sort of a match engine exploiter.

I did a search, is it this thread/tactic you want replicated?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294522-Mr-Hough-Rolls-Back-The-Years-FM12?highlight=Hough

If I remember correctly it benefitted from the AI not being able to deal with 3 central strikers. That's not the case anymore but i'll give it a crack.

Ok folks, I'm busy doing gigs/writing and also doing tactical reviews on thedugout.net so I won't be on FM14 so much in the next week or so. Any results anyone wants to share would be great.

Folk are giving feedback on the links below;

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/152727-under-pressure-14-2-a.html

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=92227

Good afternoon GlesgaKillie,

Just thought I would give you some feedback on my save and on the most recent tactic you have updated. I used your flat 442 to some success, but I found the wide players were getting really poor ratings but I much enjoyed the general philosophy of the tactic. When I saw you had uploaded a new tactic with some tweaks I thought I would give it a go.

Playing with my Liverpool side in season 2 I thought I had the players to suit the various roles in your tactic. I used it for 6 games at the back end of my season to great effect. I am mainly using the original squad and Sturridge and Suarez are both scoring goals, and all the players are playing well. I really enjoy how the players press in your tactic, it leads to the opposition losing the ball frequently high up the pitch and to me scoring a fair few goals from their mistakes in possession. I also like the fact it makes many clear cut chances for my side, I beat West Ham on the final; day of the season 10-0 to clinch the league title.

So far, so good, I don't post often but really enjoying this tactic. Nice to see you posting too mate, I know you stopped due to people giving you stick but I know it must be hard work producing tactics, and I imagine it takes a lot of your time. The vast majority appreciate your work so ignore the idiots.

Will feedback more when I am into season 3, Keep up the good work 

I been using the tactic with Arsenal... Great succes.

26 games using the tactic... 21-5-0. Two draws at home - one agianst a poor CSKA??!?).

Özil is rocking the AMR with 8,21 in avg rating and Pogba and JW is ruling the midfield.

Great work GlesgaKillie

Have to say this tactic is absolutely brilliant, using it in a Coventry save in the Premier League having used various Fulcrum tactics to get me there, and they got me into the champions league, but this tactic is something else halfway through the season after 19 league games i am top with 49pts, very impressed how good this is defensively it has more or stopped me conceding set piece goals and have only conceded 11goals in 19games.

just got sheffield wednesday into play offs using your tactic chrissy to be beaten on penalties by blackburn if only had used it from start of season rather than 8 games in i would have been in premier with only couple free transfers and loan signings cheers again magic tactic now here a go for season 2

Glad to hear of the good work, screenshots anyone?

Excuse my naivety, what's the easiest and best way to post a screenshot? Would like to share my results. Also do you find it best to have a Left footed player at AMR and a right footed player at AML?

@GlesgaKillie

You are aware that team instructions always override personal instructions? I’m not criticizing your work in any way, in fact I’ve tried several of your tactics which are all very entertaining to play ;-)

It’s just that you always seem to have a BUNCH of instructions (which is not on its own a bad thing if it works), both team and personal and some of them are 'double'. For instance, if you set 'short passing' in team instructions, there is no need to have same instruction set for individual players. Likewise, if you have 'hassle opponents' in team, the 'mark tighter' and 'close down more' have no effect! Nor wil 'close down less' for that matter as the 'hassle opponents' from team instructions will set your entire team to mark tight and close down to max.

As I said, I like to play with your tactics once in a while, but I initially start by removing all of the 'double' instructions from players, as these serve no purpose and COULD in fact (and this I’m not sure of), overcomplicate the tactic and make harder to 'learn' and get fluid.

Sometimes I do have double instructions, but only in my own tactics, where I like to change my game from hassle opponents to not hassle in-game. IE first 10 mins, press the **** out of opponents, then sit back a bit more, and then press again for last 5-10 mins of each half. Also if we score during a non-hassle period, instantly swap to hassle as most opp. managers change strategy after conceding ;) In this scenario, it’s nice to have double instructions, as when I remove hassle from team instr. I still may want certain players to close down more, mark tighter or whatever…

Haven’t tried your latest installment, but will do soon enough. I like the relentless pressure it puts on opponent and is VERY fun to watch in an almost gung-ho kindda way :)

@GlesgaKillie

You are aware that team instructions always override personal instructions? I’m not criticizing your work in any way, in fact I’ve tried several of your tactics which are all very entertaining to play ;-)

It’s just that you always seem to have a BUNCH of instructions (which is not on its own a bad thing if it works), both team and personal and some of them are 'double'. For instance, if you set 'short passing' in team instructions, there is no need to have same instruction set for individual players. Likewise, if you have 'hassle opponents' in team, the 'mark tighter' and 'close down more' have no effect! Nor wil 'close down less' for that matter as the 'hassle opponents' from team instructions will set your entire team to mark tight and close down to max.

As I said, I like to play with your tactics once in a while, but I initially start by removing all of the 'double' instructions from players, as these serve no purpose and COULD in fact (and this I’m not sure of), overcomplicate the tactic and make harder to 'learn' and get fluid.

Sometimes I do have double instructions, but only in my own tactics, where I like to change my game from hassle opponents to not hassle in-game. IE first 10 mins, press the **** out of opponents, then sit back a bit more, and then press again for last 5-10 mins of each half. Also if we score during a non-hassle period, instantly swap to hassle as most opp. managers change strategy after conceding ;) In this scenario, it’s nice to have double instructions, as when I remove hassle from team instr. I still may want certain players to close down more, mark tighter or whatever…

Haven’t tried your latest installment, but will do soon enough. I like the relentless pressure it puts on opponent and is VERY fun to watch in an almost gung-ho kindda way :)

I personally thought that if u had shorter passing selected in team instructions and u then added it to a player they would pass it shorter still. Thought it was similar to slider system where u could have your team passing short and a player even shorter if that makes sense

@GlesgaKillie

When creating the tactics I normally have most team instructions switched off/on and then tweak individually to see what works/doesn't.

Hence the duplication. I simply couldn't be arsed going in and editing each player's individuals instructions. Up until now no one has had a problem with it.

Try the latest tactic. Without being too arrogant, I think you'll find its one of the best out there.

When creating the tactics I normally have most team instructions switched off/on and then tweak individually to see what works/doesn't.

Hence the duplication. I simply couldn't be arsed going in and editing each player's individuals instructions. Up until now no one has had a problem with it.

Try the latest tactic. Without being too arrogant, I think you'll find its one of the best out there.

HAHA! Fair enough :)

And got no problem att all... see it on most tactics anyway. Just nice to see people actually dedicated to making these tactics, and going through the labour of writing these great threads!

I'll try your latest as soon as my schedule 'allows' me to do so. In the final stage of season, with a close run in all competitions so afraid to shake things up too much at this stage :)

Cheers, and enjoy your very own private save ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
Ok folks, I'm busy doing gigs/writing and also doing tactical reviews on thedugout.net so I won't be on FM14 so much in the next week or so. Any results anyone wants to share would be great.

Folk are giving feedback on the links below;

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/152727-under-pressure-14-2-a.html

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=92227

Is this your latest tacitc where the defence leaking is sorted out?

cheers

hey chrissy dude have seen mr houghs new tactic very similar to your under pressure tweaked in some parts

I have. Look, its just the way things are. No point getting worked up about it. Other dudes on other forums have done similar. No harm to someone taking what works in my tactic then amending it to make it better.

Anyways, been working on something new. First pre-season game seems to indicate its working.

b1jSI7R.png

After getting promoted playing 4-1-3-2 and managing two top 10 finishes and a FA Cup win (albeit very lucky) with Sheffield Wednesday, I decided to step it up a little this season and introduce a 4-2-3-1 tactic...it went so badly (even when downloading other peoples tactics) I was given 5 games to save my job with 10 points needed.

A smash and grab 2-1 win away at Hull was followed by a 1-2 defeat away at Wolves (it should have been more too). I then stumbled upon this tactic... adapted it for my 4-2-3-1 tactic by dropping the second striker to the AMC position. 3 wins followed and my job was saved (West Brom at home 2-0, Arsenal at home 2-0 and Man Utd away 1-0). So it seems to be working out ok

Although in true fashion, after the Man Utd win I went to 16th placed Fulham and got hammered 3-1.

Archived