FM14 - 14.1.3 - Return of the King is back

FM14 Return of the King

After the success i had with "The return of the king" tactic in 2013 thought i would try and create something similar for FM2014.

I have started with Sheffield United in league 1 and finished in 2nd place winning promotion with 98 points and 106 goals, defence was a bit leaky but i have tried to make this better as the season went along.

On to season 2 in the championship and after 12 games i am in 1st place 5 points clear of 2nd and scoring 27 goals in the process with it doing so well thought it was time to share it.

I have put the link below if people fancy trying it and giving me some feed back.

I will get some screenshots and postions etc up over the weekend when i get chance.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7fn4snnxm3hpco5/return_of_the_king_2014_v1.tac

THanks!

Training?

MP?

OI?

Pitch size?

A bit more information please ;-)

Thank you

Didn't have time last night, my bed was calling me!!

Training - Pre season i use fitness on high, then as soon as 1st game starts i switch to def set pieces, then alternate between that and def positioning but this is just my preference.

Match Pre - leave to ass manager

OI - never use them

Pitch size - standard, but again i haven't tried any other!

A bit about the players i have been using.....

GK - G Long, was at the club and only 20 years old, stats not great but has done really well for me. with great potential according to my assistant.

DR/DL - strong fullbacks here not too attack minded, think ivanovic rather than glen johnson

CD's - both pall playing so decent passing, composure, pace is a big help with the LCD as he is covering i have Maguire at RCD and Rugani at LCD both have been really good.

DM - I have struggled to get anyone really good here so just using free transfers with good work rate, teamwork, strength and tackling

CM - will get a few goals i have mainly been using Cuvelier (already at the club) here and has done pretty well, just bought Davis from wolves to help out

RM/LM - RM seems to work better with a defensive winger and LM a bit more pacey with flair and attacking insticts but saying that Gustavo at 33 does really well with the goals and assists from RM!

F9 - Strong, heading, flair, passing, creativity, will get shed load of assists but also weigh in will plenty of goals Bosnjak (Free transfer) at 34 got 28 goals in L1

CF - Patino has been a sensation for me at a cost of nothing! and seems to be getting better all the time, finishing, off the ball, composure, pace, acceleration are a must

Also now bought Macheda who does really well in either of the CF positions, i just keep rotating my strikers to keep them on theit toes!

Also teamtalks i praise as much as i can even in defeat seems to keep morale up which the everyone plays much better!

Hope this helps, if anyone has anything to ask please feel free

So training on defence?

mp by Ass, def pos.

Thanks man! I give it a try!

Yeah i train defensively to try and stop the silly goals that get let in which has worked up to now

The tactic is showing no signs of letting up, i was predicted to finish 22nd and get relegated, so it is working wonders!

SkyBetChampionship_OverviewStages_zpsef06b718.png

Hi Ady, tried your tactic last night and have to say it seemed to be working well for my Varzim side in the Portuguese National Championship.

A couple of games in, and completely by accident, I managed to 'invert' my fullbacks (had DR at DL and vise-versa) and they both played blinders (DL at DR scored a hat-trick and got 2 assists). Left it like this for the next 3 games and it does seem to be making a positive difference (both FB's frequently seem to cut inside around the corner of the 18 yard box and take up threatening positions and generally throw the oppo defence in disarray).

Just thought I'd throw that out there and see if you wanted to try it and see if it makes a difference to you?

Hi Ady, tried your tactic last night and have to say it seemed to be working well for my Varzim side in the Portuguese National Championship.

A couple of games in, and completely by accident, I managed to 'invert' my fullbacks (had DR at DL and vise-versa) and they both played blinders (DL at DR scored a hat-trick and got 2 assists). Left it like this for the next 3 games and it does seem to be making a positive difference (both FB's frequently seem to cut inside around the corner of the 18 yard box and take up threatening positions and generally throw the oppo defence in disarray).

Just thought I'd throw that out there and see if you wanted to try it and see if it makes a difference to you?

Tried this for a few games tbh my fullbacks did get a couple of goals but they seem to push on quite a lot leaving me short at the back so i found i conceded more! but thanks for sharing

2 Promotions in a row using my tactic, promoted into prem with 2 games to go, now hopefully win the division!

Seem to have had quite a blip towards the season end, but i think this is due to me having a small squad and having to play players who are on in the 80%'s fitness also my strikers have decided to miss every one on ones they have! and for some unkown reason my CB's and DMc hace decided to get sent off nearly every game!

SkyBetChampionship_OverviewStages-2_zps5a0b9055.png

I've switched to your tactic after a sticky patch with Mr U Rosler's fulcrum and Glasgakillie's pressure tactics and it's led to two wins and 3 goals in each! I can see the defence could be an issue but going forward it really rips teams apart!

I've switched to your tactic after a sticky patch with Mr U Rosler's fulcrum and Glasgakillie's pressure tactics and it's led to two wins and 3 goals in each! I can see the defence could be an issue but going forward it really rips teams apart!

I have found that if you have a nice pacey left centre half it helps and you stop giving away cheap goals, but like you said going forward it is a joy to watch at times...Like watching Brazil!

This tactic is better than any of the others i have tried, but playing as Sunderland it just could not cope against the bigger teams. Maybe a variation when playing better teams?

I seem to be doing ok up to now, i have changed my right cb to standard central defender and it seems to be helping against the better teams.

As you can see a decent start to my 1st season in the premier league, 5th place and beating Sh!tty at the emptished 2-0!!....so far so good

SheffieldUnited_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsb091055b.png

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-2_zpsf689d51b.png

I switched halfway thru season struggling with Crystal Palace... won 1st game 2-1 then lost 3 on the trot 3-0 to Liverpool, Man City and Cardiff then won 5-1 against southampton 6-0 against west ham

Pretty good then after only a handful of games!

tried this with a level 10 side in england, got to fa cup first round proper, the only problem is the right striker is not scoring enough, but the left has 30 goals in 19 games

any help with this problem

mmmm, not sure as my right striker has always scored, make sure you have a striker with high enough work rate, strength, teamwork as well as the usual attributes for your division as he is always on the move hassling opponents, forcing mistakes etc a lazy striker (think Berbatov) in this position won't be any good

Good tactic, I have my Wolves team top of League1 with a few games left. I got to semi final of the League Cup beating Fulham, Everton and beating Man U in home leg 3-2. I am in the semi final of the FA cup about to play Newcastle. So for me this is one of the best tactics on the game.

Good tactic, I have my Wolves team top of League1 with a few games left. I got to semi final of the League Cup beating Fulham, Everton and beating Man U in home leg 3-2. I am in the semi final of the FA cup about to play Newcastle. So for me this is one of the best tactics on the game.

Cheers for the compliment, i have been trying hard to make it better as i couldn't stop making mistakes at the back and conceding silly goals all the time, after loads of tinkering i have pretty much changed the tactic all together, making it more possession based and controlled which has cut out the mistakes and still scoring plenty and recent results suggest i might have hit on something quite special

SheffUtdvStandard_StatsMatchStats_zps1ad63ccf.png

SheffieldUnited_FixturesSchedule-3_zps9e924169.png

SheffUtdvManCity_StatsMatchStats_zps910cac3c.png

As the screenshots show since it's started to gel the wins have come along nicely, even in defeat i dominated Arsenal at their place but these results happen irl so i don't think bugs in the game have been a problem.

ArsenalvSheffUtd_StatsMatchStats_zps855d07fa.png

Good work mate, are you uploading your tweak? Cheers

Will get it uploaded tomorrow evening for people to give it a whirl...Won the FA cup and just won the Europa League and finished the game with 8 men! never had that before!!

SpartakMoscowvSheffUtd_AwayTacticsOverview_zpsa702d111.png

Now that's a formation!!!

Haha, nice one. Is it the same formation as before ? (the tweak, not that one above) :)

Still 4-4-2 but changed a quite a few things, just started new season with it and started really well but had a red card in every game so far wtf!!! just hammered PSG in super cup 3-1 up then 70 mins cm gets a red card......lose 4-3!!! :eek: look at the possession and against the champoions league winners!!

SheffUtdvParisSaint-Germain_StatsMatchStats_zps032f4592.png

Quick update, before the Froch fight starts!

Tactic seems to be going from strength to strength, i have been working on defending set pieces which now seen to be a lot better, and also attacking set pieces scoring a few but not using the known cheat/corner bug.

SheffieldUnited_FixturesSchedule-4_zps8d5c6485.png

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-4_zps1e507827.png

Please could you give an idea of the types of CM I should be looking to bring into my squad now that it is a flat 4-4-2?

The LCM needs to be a tough tackling, hard working type with high stamina but with good passing ability as this tactic is very possession orientated, the RCM more creative, with excellent passing skills & creativity, finishing helps here as well as he will get a few goals also make sure he's high in work rate and stamina.

thanks your tactic is great

when you receive a red card witch tweak do you make ?

Cheers, glad you are enjoying it, i am currently top of the prem so its still going strong for me. If i get a card i always keep it 4 at the back and 4 in midfield and usually keep the DLF on the pitch so he can chip in if we break away, i usually change the DLP for a more DMC type but still leave him as a DLP. Hope that makes sense.

The flat 4-4-2 is great. Having good result without any corner exploit. KUTGW!

Cheers fella, If it carries on like it is for me i might start a new thread as tbh this tactic is completely different now from the original tactic and player roles, player types are totally different.

One tip that is working like a dream for me is my LWM is either footed and he is my best player now by a mile assists and goals galore, he cuts inside and scores some beauties!!! A right footed player here doesn't seem to work as when he gets to the byline his crosses are woeful which in turn renders the strikers useless.

Cheers fella, If it carries on like it is for me i might start a new thread as tbh this tactic is completely different now from the original tactic and player roles, player types are totally different.

One tip that is working like a dream for me is my LWM is either footed and he is my best player now by a mile assists and goals galore, he cuts inside and scores some beauties!!! A right footed player here doesn't seem to work as when he gets to the byline his crosses are woeful which in turn renders the strikers useless.

I also plays as Sheff Utd. Not because of this tread. Just a coinsidence. :p Got Douglas Costa as RWM. He can use both feet and cuts inside from the right. On the left I alternate between two french guys who also cuts inside once in a while but first and foremost gets to the byline for crosses.

The LCM needs to be a tough tackling, hard working type with high stamina but with good passing ability as this tactic is very possession orientated, the RCM more creative, with excellent passing skills & creativity, finishing helps here as well as he will get a few goals also make sure he's high in work rate and stamina.

Brilliant, thanks.

Archived