FM14: Leeds United - The past is the past, Marching On Together again...

macca72

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GK Ter Stegen/ k.schmichael

RB Sam byram/tom lees

CB tom lees/winston reid/scott wooten/ harlee dean/ jason pearce

LB izaquirre/ charlie tayler

CM Mellis/Pratley/murphy/ regen/ andrea barbaris/dawson/ isaah osbourne

RM Bryan Ruiz/ Ola John/ Mccormack

LM Bryan Ruiz/ ola john/ mccormack

CF Obika/shane long/ mccormack/ ola john

what you reckon? not as strong as i would like but i inherited majority of the leeds squad in real life so with the funds i got (10 million) (limited wages) it was hard to have a massiver overhaul

RB Sam byram/tom lees

what you reckon? not as strong as i would like but i inherited majority of the leeds squad in real life so with the funds i got (10 million) (limited wages) it was hard to have a massiver overhaul

It's not bad really is it? The ST position might be the weakest point, but you should have more than enough to consolidate I think. You may get a buy out in that third season which injects more cash into the club?

RB Sam byram/tom lees

Nicko, I think you overrated the team, it needs a couple of good, good players and some depth in order to consolidate. Here's what I think:

GK: 10/10

RB: 8/10 for Byram. Tom Lees really isn't a RB and he'll offer nothing going forward, so try and find a more rounded utility player.

LB: 8/10 for Izaquirre. Has Taylor developed? If not, I'd look for a backup. Once again, I'd look towards a freebie or someone who's pretty cheap.

CB: 7/10. It's got good numbers, but nothing stands out for me. How good is Winston Reid? Him and Lees could be your two CB's, with Wootton and Dean as backup. Pearce IMO could be sold.

CM: 5/10. Needs some serious work IMO. What's the regen like? If he's not prem quality, I'd invest a fair sum of money here. Murphy COULD be good enough I assume. However, that's as far as I'd go. Mellis and Pratley are bog standard CM's. Not sure who Barbaris is. I'm unsure whether Dawson would be prem quality.

RM/LM 6/10. John is a good player. However, the other two are a CAM and ST respectively. So, I'd look to back him up here.

ST: 7/10. I think this is one of the strongest positions, with Long doing the work and McCormack offering both the poacher and deep-lying forward role. Look for a backup though, maybe an experienced head.

Idk who to bring in and what formation to use in the first season, what did you used then guys?

I Dont normally use plug and play tactics but couldnt get anything to work this time round so I use this one: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370336-FM14-Plug-and-Play-Under-Pressure - Won the championship by a mile in the first season on my second save. Only problem is you have to bring in wingers but I got Mckay-Steven for 1.4Mill over 48 Months and Junior Stanislas for 500k both were in the team of the year in fact my whole midfield was Including Austin.

Update-

Started again after my last save I was struggling with finances and keeping the team in the prem. I decided to not spend much in the first season and just brought in 3 players. Junior Stanislas, Mckay-Steven & Stefan Johanson.

Heres my transfers for the first season in the premier league. Couldnt really sell many of the dead wood in the team for any good prices so just had to offload them to free up the wages and convert it to transfer money as I only got given 11mill. Heres who I did bring in (Includes two youngsters who's stats arent amazing atm but damm they have high potential with decents scouts iv brought in I may add)

2-premseason1-transfers_zps978eb0ea.png

And my two hopefully future superstars:

Oscar Forster - AMR

16-Oscarforster-AMR_zpsc56fd56d.png

Kevin Clough - (weird one this) DC/ST but used as a defensive forward in my formation.

16-kevinclough-st-dc_zps17f6e597.png

Will update in January see if I can plead with the board to let me bring in more talent.

Ben Davies - LB - From Swansea paid abit over the odds for him but most of it was clauses 10 International appearances and they get 500k etc. So not a big lump sum but will be spread out over the next couple of seasons. Has a massive potential on my game and is playing class, highly recommend.

I Dont normally use plug and play tactics but couldnt get anything to work this time round so I use this one: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370336-FM14-Plug-and-Play-Under-Pressure - Won the championship by a mile in the first season on my second save. Only problem is you have to bring in wingers but I got Mckay-Steven for 1.4Mill over 48 Months and Junior Stanislas for 500k both were in the team of the year in fact my whole midfield was Including Austin.

Update-

Started again after my last save I was struggling with finances and keeping the team in the prem. I decided to not spend much in the first season and just brought in 3 players. Junior Stanislas, Mckay-Steven & Stefan Johanson.

Heres my transfers for the first season in the premier league. Couldnt really sell many of the dead wood in the team for any good prices so just had to offload them to free up the wages and convert it to transfer money as I only got given 11mill. Heres who I did bring in (Includes two youngsters who's stats arent amazing atm but damm they have high potential with decents scouts iv brought in I may add)

2-premseason1-transfers_zps978eb0ea.png

And my two hopefully future superstars:

Oscar Forster - AMR

16-Oscarforster-AMR_zpsc56fd56d.png

Kevin Clough - (weird one this) DC/ST but used as a defensive forward in my formation.

16-kevinclough-st-dc_zps17f6e597.png

Will update in January see if I can plead with the board to let me bring in more talent.

Ben Davies - LB - From Swansea paid abit over the odds for him but most of it was clauses 10 International appearances and they get 500k etc. So not a big lump sum but will be spread out over the next couple of seasons. Has a massive potential on my game and is playing class, highly recommend.

Good luck ahead mate. Who did you sell in your first season and what players formed your first 11?

Nicko, I think you overrated the team, it needs a couple of good, good players and some depth in order to consolidate. Here's what I think:

GK: 10/10

RB: 8/10 for Byram. Tom Lees really isn't a RB and he'll offer nothing going forward, so try and find a more rounded utility player.

LB: 8/10 for Izaquirre. Has Taylor developed? If not, I'd look for a backup. Once again, I'd look towards a freebie or someone who's pretty cheap.

CB: 7/10. It's got good numbers, but nothing stands out for me. How good is Winston Reid? Him and Lees could be your two CB's, with Wootton and Dean as backup. Pearce IMO could be sold.

CM: 5/10. Needs some serious work IMO. What's the regen like? If he's not prem quality, I'd invest a fair sum of money here. Murphy COULD be good enough I assume. However, that's as far as I'd go. Mellis and Pratley are bog standard CM's. Not sure who Barbaris is. I'm unsure whether Dawson would be prem quality.

RM/LM 6/10. John is a good player. However, the other two are a CAM and ST respectively. So, I'd look to back him up here.

ST: 7/10. I think this is one of the strongest positions, with Long doing the work and McCormack offering both the poacher and deep-lying forward role. Look for a backup though, maybe an experienced head.

You're not wrong of course, but I thought mrplufc had done a good job of pulling a decent side together with little money :)

Idk who to bring in and what formation to use in the first season, what did you used then guys?

I've had two Leeds games so far and the players I signed are at at posts 22 & 183 above.

I'm unsure if you want to build your own tactic or use an imported one. If it is the latter I'm using Sacchi V2:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/142968-arrigo-sacchis-4-4-2-fm14.html

Good luck ahead mate. Who did you sell in your first season and what players formed your first 11?

My first team was as follows:

Kenny

Byram ------- Lees -------------------Wooton----------Warnock

--------------Austin-----------------Johansen------------------

Stanislas ----------------------------------------Mackay-Steven

----------------Stevie May-------Noel Hunt ---------------------

So bought Stevie May 350k, Mackay-Steven 1.4mill, Stanislas 500k, Joe Holt 60k. Ill put a screen shot up of who I sold once Iv finished work and im at home.

I've had two Leeds games so far and the players I signed are at at posts 22 & 183 above.

I'm unsure if you want to build your own tactic or use an imported one. If it is the latter I'm using Sacchi V2:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/142968-arrigo-sacchis-4-4-2-fm14.html

I thought I'd quote this post, but yeah I agree he's done well with little money, but it definitely need strengthening.

You should try building your own tactic, you'd get so much more enjoyment out of doing it I think

I thought I'd quote this post, but yeah I agree he's done well with little money, but it definitely need strengthening.

You should try building your own tactic, you'd get so much more enjoyment out of doing it I think

I'd like to at some point, it would be interesting to see if I could come up with anything half decent. Just now there is a bit of unfinished business for me with team building etc. I also got my scouting all wrong.

I'd like to at some point, it would be interesting to see if I could come up with anything half decent. Just now there is a bit of unfinished business for me with team building etc. I also got my scouting all wrong.

I guess the fun is messing around and getting things wrong. On my save, I've moved from Coventry to Gillingham where I'm playing the most bog-standard 4-4-2, but then I have a quite free flowing 3-1-4-2.

What happened with your scouting?

I guess the fun is messing around and getting things wrong. On my save, I've moved from Coventry to Gillingham where I'm playing the most bog-standard 4-4-2, but then I have a quite free flowing 3-1-4-2.

What happened with your scouting?

I got my dates wrong when sending scouts to find regens so constantly missed the best ones :(

This time have been diligently working to the regen dates, so am hoping I can do better.

I got my dates wrong when sending scouts to find regens so constantly missed the best ones :(

This time have been diligently working to the regen dates, so am hoping I can do better.

Whens the regen dates? Iv never known about this.

Here it is

26.01(Jan) - Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Is., Canada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Surinam, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Is., US Virgin Is.

22.02(Feb) - Russia

23.02(Feb) - Albania, American Samoa, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cook Islands, Cyprus, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, San Marino, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu

26.02(Feb) - Mexico

08.03(Mar) - Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales

13.03(Mar) - Austria, England

14.03(Mar) - Chile

15.03(Mar) - Ukraine

17.03(Mar) - Slovakia

18.03(Mar) - Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Italy, Poland, Portugal

19.03(Mar) - Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Uruguay

25.03(Mar) - Holland

28.03(Mar) - Serbia, Spain

02.04(Apr) - Argentina, India, South Africa

17.04(Apr) - Indonesia

19.04(Apr) - Hong Kong (China PR)

07.06(Jun) - Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela

19.07(Jul) - Malaysia

13.08(Aug) - Iceland

27.08(Aug) - Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei (China PR), East Timor, Guam, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau (China PR), Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Northern Mariana, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, U.A.E, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

02.09(Sep) - Sweden

13.09(Sep) - Australia

14.09(Sep) - South Korea

19.09(Sep) - Peru

20.09(Sep) - Brazil, Ireland

25.09(Sep) - Finland

28.09(Sep) - Colombia, Singapore

01.10(Oct) - Norway

03.10(Oct) - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Djibouti, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe

08.10(Oct) - China

02.11(Nov) - Belarus

27.12(Dec) - U.S.A.

Hope that helps

Whens the regen dates? Iv never known about this.

Here you go, post 252 is the one to look at:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/116539-Newgen-dates-chronological-list/page3

The trick is having a scout in the Country as the regen is being created so that he is 'found' quickly. I've found this to be a little tricky, hence my comment above.

Well Im pleased with it even if the journalist isn't

1479285_10202495837707523_898287057_n.jpg

End of Nov 1st season in Premier

Poleon and Hunt keeping Vokes out for the most part.May is coming on a bit. Currently sat in 10th in Prem but too many draws for my liking. Cant help feeling the strikers I bought aren't good enough and should have saved my money for January. Reckon I will try and get rid of McCormack and Vokes and try for someone else.

Where do you get the dates for regens? Not something Ive ever actively gone for.

On scoutingin general, I tend to send them to specific countries if for example one starts in East Europe/Russia. The reason being most players wouldrequire work permits from there so send him to Poland or another EU member.

Where do you get the dates for regens? Not something Ive ever actively gone for.

On scoutingin general, I tend to send them to specific countries if for example one starts in East Europe/Russia. The reason being most players wouldrequire work permits from there so send him to Poland or another EU member.

See the posts above, the dates do seem accurate to me. My priorities for scouting early in the game are to have scouts in Denmark, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia & Poland because of the, relatively, cheaper prices of the regens.

Cheers Nicko, dunno how I missed that!!!

No problemo :)

Just to add, even though you can not scout Mexico or Argentina before you get promoted, it is worth looking through the youth teams of major clubs in Mexico on 26.2. and Argentina on 2.4. Obviously you have to identify a regen who 'looks' right without scouting, but it is worth having a look.

EDIT

Superb regen ST in America (Mex) U20 side. Contract offered but FC Utrecht in for him too. It's a bit frustrating really because none of their scouts have any knowledge of Mexico, so how would they have spotted him? He wants k/p status which is a major hint on his potential, so I've sweetened his terms :-)

Cheers Nicko, dunno how I missed that!!!

So for example, this,

08.03(Mar) - Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales

would be March 2014?

Yes that's right, but you have to make sure he knows the country so that he can throw up the regen. The timing is the tricky bit because even if the scout has 100 % knowledge before regen creation he will not as soon as they are created when the knowledge will drop. The real trick is being able to 'approach to sign' the regen as they are cheaper.

Oi, brought in Diakate on loan from QPR, Ephraim on loan from QPR, Gudmundsson (might be mispelled) from Alkmaar on loan, Stanislas from Burnley, Fitz Hall on free and Pannewitz on free. I am playing 4-2DM-3-1, with McCormack as SS and Hunt as DLP. Oh also got a Swedish youngster as back-up for my right wing.

So my current line-up would be:

Kenny

Peltier (until Byram gets fix) - FB (Au), Hall - CB (S), Pearce - CB (D), Warnock - FB (Au)

Austin - DM (S), Pannewitz - DM (S)

Stanislas - W (A) - McCormack - SS (A), Gudmundsson - AP/IF (A)

Hunt (DLP)

I am trying to emulate Favre's counter attacking tactic he used at Gladbach but so far it's not really working, as I am dominated by most of the teams (I guess that's how it should work). Drew with Brighton, 1-1, as I was lucky to get the point and beat Oldham, 2-0, goals scored after 75 mins.

I want to play quick, short passing football, involving first touches. Any ideas if I should play a more offensive style?

See the posts above, the dates do seem accurate to me. My priorities for scouting early in the game are to have scouts in Denmark, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia & Poland because of the, relatively, cheaper prices of the regens.

EDIT

I'm a little disappointed to report that I've been unable to get my scouting network to find the best potential regens on or around the day that they are created. It takes several days for your scouts to begin producing reports. By then the very best regens have usually signed a youth contract and their 'approach to sign' price has multiplied several times.

It is perhaps not 'in the spirit of the game', but if you want to sign the best ones at the cheapest price then I'd suggest:

- Look through the Youth/U21 teams for regens on the day that they are created. For example, say Jablonec in the Czech republic on 18th March.

- Identify the best 'looking' regens, by comparing their age/price/attributes etc to others at the club/other clubs.

- Offer contracts to the very best 'looking' ones.

- Then get your best PA scout and/or Head of Youth Development to 'report card' scout them.

- Depending on the rating, complete the deal or cancel it.

- Meanwhile, continue your in country scouting as you may have misjudged a regen that your scout rates more highly.

Second save and the regens coming through the Youth system on 13.3.14 are very poor again.

Unless you get really lucky, investment in the Youth level, facilities and recruitment network is required to get the standard of regens up. It is right really.

It is right, but you might expect one or two "good" prospects coming through with money invested

Hi guys hope its going well for you. I'm working my way through my 4th season in the Premier League, currently 2nd in the League behind Man City in January, through the group stages of the Champions League and in the Capital One cup final, so not doing too badly.

Just thought I'd post up details of the real life players that are still in my squad in 2019 and have developed in to top class Premier League players:

Daniele Rugani - DC, starts the game as a 17 year old owned by Empoli but on loan at Juventus. I got him for £250k in 2017, he's just made it in to the Italy squad at the age of 24 and is developing in to a top quality defender.

Curro - MC, full name Francisco José Sánchez Rodríguez; spanish midfielder who starts at Sevilla Atletico aged 17. Turns in to a good Premier League midfielder (probably will be offloading soon, he's good but not great. :p)

Adam Campbell - ST, starts at Newcastle as an 18 year old, he joined West Ham for only £325k in 2016, I ended up having to pay £15m for him in 2018.

Agustin Allione - AMR - starts at Velez aged 18, 6 seasons later he's a world class right winger.

And that's it, everyone else in my squad is a regen. :D

Archived