[Reviewed] Wingers doing whatever they please....

Whenever my wingers decide to get on the ball and cut inside into the box, i could have people free in the box yet, every single time they will go on a 1 man crusade. Does anyone else have this happening.... Doesnt matter what i set there instructions to, they will always be ignored.... :herman:

I've this too. And not just wingers, full backs and wing backs also do this. I tried all roles and instructions including "dribble less" but no significant difference.

There are significant differences between what role you select and how the player behaves so I'm surprised you say that srvngrc. Remember to allow your players time to get used to their new tactics as well. Changing a player's role every match will see little change because they won't have had a chance to get used to it.

There are significant differences between what role you select and how the player behaves so I'm surprised you say that srvngrc. Remember to allow your players time to get used to their new tactics as well. Changing a player's role every match will see little change because they won't have had a chance to get used to it.

Maybe you're right. But i played with 3 different teams. And tried different tactics with them but i had this problem most of wing attacks. When the player cut inside, there are few options he can do but mostly he stops first then tries to beat the defender by dribbling and generally he loses the ball or sends it to out.

Does changing a player's role from week to week impact tactic familiarity? I mean, if I notice that my opponent tends to attack down the left hand side and decide to change fb from fb-a to fb-s, then will this decrease tactical familiarity?

I didn't think changing individual roles affected this tbh. When u select a players role it has a star rating for the role..so if hes 3 star as full back and equally adept as complete wing back I fail to see how he'd have to get used to it. No familiarity to be seen from the role info anyhow. If a player is a good crosser I fail to see how he can't cross as well due to been told to cross less in previous matches, surely his crossing attribute would decrease?

Must say I've had similar issues with wingers, but more so with full-backs or wing-backs. I've used various tactics to try & solve this issue but I can't seem to get my defenders to push up high, overlap & deliver a first time cross... they consistany want to cut in until they're faced up by the opposition. I appreciate that it could well be my tactics or the players I'm using, but I'm just not sure what else I can try to implement.

If you don't mind I'd like to move this to the Tactics forum, because I think there could be something done. For my tactic I manage to get my wingers flying down the flanks and delivering cross after cross like a well drilled unit.

What settings did you use to achieve this? I tend to play with inside forwards, but I wouldn't mind a plan B

I think the player's PPM overrules what instructions you give him. If the player has run with ball often then he will run with it very often. You could try untraining the PPM but it will be a waste of time. It much more time-efficient to adapt your tactics a little bit to get the best out of the player.

Archived