Conflicting Instructions - A question

Afternoon,

I haven't got the BETA, but will be buying on release day as I always have done, so am using this time to start to think about how I'll apply my tactics when the game arrives.

Firstly, I'm glad the sliders are gone, the always left me with a lingering doubt over my tactics, I always left myself thinking "If I just tweaked this by a couple of notches, would it be better?" This just led to confusion and inconsistency in equal measure.

So, my original question...

If I we're to employ a standard CM with the instructions of "Close down more" and "Close down less", what action does this produce in the ME.

1. Player does neither and acts as if neither option was corrected

2. Player attempts both based on either decision attribute or some other variable

3. Player attempts both randomly

Thanks

So, my original question...

If I we're to employ a standard CM with the instructions of "Close down more" and "Close down less", what action does this produce in the ME.

1. Player does neither and acts as if neither option was corrected

2. Player attempts both based on either decision attribute or some other variable

3. Player attempts both randomly

Thanks

You can't issue conflicting instructions, so it won't be an issue.

I wouldn't necessarily go along with this:

Well, all I can say is that if you had look at the Beta you wouldn't say that you're glad sliders are gone :-)

You won't know what to make of it until you try it for yourself.

If you look at the opinions to date in various General Discussion threads, most people are embracing the system, some people are undecided, and some people were never going to like it anyway, even if it came with a cherry on the top!

Ah, ok, I didn't realise you couldn't physically choose conflicting instructions. That's great, makes it much simpler.

For me I've been looking forward to the sliders going, so not having played it won't change my opinion. For me the sliders always left me feeling dissatisfied, the combinations of sliders and not really understanding in depth the relationships between them always left me a little cold, if you see some of the tactics that have been produced with crazy, crazy slider settings they we're never really ever going to help anyone understand how it all fit together. Couple this with the non-existent documentation and the conflicting opinions and ambiguity on the forums at times just leaves you scratching your head.

For me it's better to have one option that says "Press More" than 2-3 sliders with 20 settings. I don't need full control, all I need is full understanding, sliders would never have personally done this for me.

You can't issue conflicting instructions, so it won't be an issue.

I wouldn't necessarily go along with this:

You won't know what to make of it until you try it for yourself.

If you look at the opinions to date in various General Discussion threads, most people are embracing the system, some people are undecided, and some people were never going to like it anyway, even if it came with a cherry on the top!

Hum, and why do you assume that I haven't been trying myself ????? your bad :-)

Many people had dificulties with sliders that's for sure, maybe most of them and (I have said this already in other topic) I believe SI tried with new system to improve the tactical system. But this is one thing, another is that there are a lot of improvements to make to the new system and this is recognized also.

Archived